Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

“It is a nice day, isn’t it!” Cheerfully greeted one of the guards.

“Are you here to see the prisoner?” Grumbled the other.

1 Like

“Well yes I am, how did you know?” She says, smiling. Too easy. “How are they doing today?”

“Mad as a March Hare,” grumbled the second.

“Now hold on, that’s pretty rude thing to say. But uh, yeah, he is pretty mad.”

“Well, not much we can do about that, can we?” She shrugs. “Wish me luck?” She reaches for the door.

The friendlier one would hold the door open where she’d soon quickly see vibrant, yellow eyes glaring at her from behind wooden bars. “Did he send you!” Accused a youthful, if angry sounding voice.

Risa steps inside, waiting for the doors to close behind her before answering.

“You’re gonna need to be more specific. Who are we talking about?”

Inside would be a fairly large wolfen, wearing tattered, smelling strongly of smoke and soot. He’d turn back looking back at an extensive array of etchings on the walls, floor, and ceiling of the cell, before lunging at the bars and snarling,“Makuta! He’s behind all of this! I’ve got it all figured!”

Risa just shrugs. “Well, if you do, you’ve gotta explain it to me; I thought they kicked Makuta out of here a while ago.”

"Okay, okay. So there’s this guy named Blaze. My eternal nemesis! My hatred for him goes beyond time and space! And he’s the reincarnation of Makuta. Just think about it: he’s a mask maker, he’s wanting to buddy buddy with Ekimu, and he dresses in Makuta cosplay half the time. He’s the one in charge of the beast king! He taunts me in my dreams? Well I’ll taunt him on his grave! If, if my hatred for him was a towering inferno, it’d outshine the region of fire! It’d boil the seas and cast the deserts to glass! The region of ice melted into a towering typhoon! The forests would be incinerated! The earth little more than molten rock! After everything he’s taken from me, he sends you to mock me and take even more! "

Risa blinks. “Huh so you really are crazy.” She takes a step back, leaning against the wall.

“Okay, so explain to me this mister anger boi: I get sent here by the Elders in the Jungle Capital. You think Makuta controls them too?”

“Probably not directly.” Shrugged the Wolfen,“But this is exactly what he wants!”

“…he wants me to come here and listen to you ramble?” Risa just sounds amused at this point.

The previous source seems to be gone now, or at least faded enough to be hard to find. However, another source has flared up. It’s distant, but bright.

1 Like

Forty Four would rattle the bars in frustration before sighing and taking a seat on the bed,“So, what do you want?” He grumbled.

1 Like

She shrugs. “We heard about you and your group from a friend, decided to check things out. You know, since apparently an ancient king of the jungle was right under our noses without us knowing. So, what put you in prison, wolf boy?”

1 Like

“I burnt down Blaze’s house. It’s poetic irony since he’s named after fire. I’m just waiting for him to get down here so we can start this sham of a trial.”

1 Like

“…you’re waiting for Blaze to find you in the middle of nowhere?” She asks. “Yeah, I bet he’s got more important things going on right now.”

“Eh, I’m sure one of his dogs has told that dirtbag by now.”

“Yeah, you guys do seem to be all over the place… and yet I’ve somehow never met any of you before today. I swear, this island gets weirder by the minute.” She sounds surprisingly matter of fact about all of this.

“If you truly don’t work for him, you’ve gotta help me out! I don’t belong in here!”

She raises an eyebrow. “Yeah? And what would you do then, burn down his house again?”