Okotan Adventures: The Dark (Signups)

Approved.

1 Like

finally

it’s just a giant stick
he picked it up because he thought it would be useful
he usually carries it over his shoulder, but might just drag it or figure out some way to attach it to his back if he gets tired
(do i need to put that in the bio?)

it was originally in my intentions to just to say this guy was my practice character and come up with another one, but now i’m kinda growing attached to him
you’re going to try your hardest to kill him now aren’t you

2 Likes

nah, that’s good, I just needed clarification

hey, don’t feel down about it, man. I’ll try my hardest to kill everyone.

Approved.

3 Likes

sounds about right

Ghid is being nice to Burnet

What is this world coming to?

Oh uh ah I’m going to be super busy this week and uh might not get my character out until like sunday? I’ll do my absolute best.

2 Likes

yes I have not emailed him threats regarding the removal of cartilage from his joints I am such a kind and generous saint burnet check your spam folder you have three days

2 Likes

So uhm, just to clarify my character wouldn’t have been alive when the Okotans first came to … Okoto? How long to villagers live again?

I think it’s been established that Okotan’s (the villagers) live around 200 years

1 Like

Correct. Only Ekimu/Makuta and the elder mask makers (and maybe some old coots severely pushing their lifespans) were there originally, and no, there is no official reason for why those two live so dang long. Not even in official media, where normal un-fanon Ekimu lives through two waves of Protectors, who presumably hold the job for life.

Like n01 said, around 200 years. If your character is a kiddo or anywhere around 100, there’s no way they’d have been around when the Okotans arrived.

1 Like

when will this be starting?

Well, some people who said they would be joining have not yet made a profile, and if you check the dm I did say when I would embark on such an endeavor.

that’s about right

Augh ahem erm ahh…

I’ll get on that.

1 Like

sure you will

It’s Sunday, isn’t it?

sucka

Name: Ilya

Element: Jungle

Current Equipment: Ilya is equipped with various tinkering and brewing tools, as well as a heavy knife that was built more for exploration than combat, but can function as such in a pinch.

Additional Skills: With his background regarding herbal and alchemical components, Ilya can, with time and the proper materials, concoct various types of explosives and poisons of fluctuating capability. He also has an extensive knowledge of medicines, though much of it is theoretical, and the limited amounts of medicine that he can produce are of questionable potency.

Appearance: Vaguely contrary to many other members of his element and tribe, Ilya is extremely well put together. His clothing is neat, his armor is regularly repaired and repainted, and his equipment and alchemical and herbal components are organized. His armor is green and black.

Personality: Ilya has a generally pessimistic, bitter, and hostile attitude, if not directly antagonistic. He doesn’t like other people - and he makes that unnecessarily clear. He doesn’t actively try to make others dislike him, but he certainly doesn’t do anything to ingratiate himself in the eyes of others. He views any inanity and incapability to help in others with utter disdain, and doesn’t mask showing it.

Biography: Ilya, and his twin sister, Anya, never knew their parents. They grew up in a somewhat obscure village in the Jungle region of Okoto, where everyone knew everyone and no one’s lives were markedly difficult.

Together, the siblings ran a tinker and alchemical shop, where Anya focused on repairing and crafting things, and Ilya researched in alchemical components, though both were mildly adept at each activity.

However, Ilya’s pastime that was far from being purely commercial. In reality, Anya was infected with a deadly disease which was slowly killing her from the inside outwards. Ilya’s research’s ulterior motive was to find a cure for Anya’s affliction.

He didn’t.

Now, Ilya is moving on. When he heard of the call from Makuta to the search for Ekimu and the Elders, he took it as a sign from the universe that it was time to leave his home and try and find meaning elsewhere, where memory is less painful and guilt less potent.

3 Likes

this is how most rps go isn’t it

Uhm …

yes.

1 Like

well gee darn

Real quick - opposing character types makes for interesting scenarios, especially when one person is outgoing and the other isn’t. Someone has to give - excellent internal monologues/conflicts can occur and written thought process as well. Winger’s doing you a favor here by providing you an opportunity to challenge your character.

Now for the overdue overture:

I expect this to be kept moderate. With another player I might ask for specifics, but I trust you’ll not abuse this leniency.

This, however - be aware I will put your character in uncomfortable circumstances.
Mwehehe

Approved. One more character and we will begin.

3 Likes