Onua GWP MOC Contest Entry: Roodaka (and Sidorak bonus!)

The Queen of the Visorak herself, Roodaka!

(Roodaka GWP in her box set pose, now with background, and sidorak too)

So this is my very first post in the TTV message boards and it’s a GWP style Roodaka? yep… and i have no regrets.
I tried to get it as close to her actual set as possible (so no light blue pieces like in her movie counterpart, bummer) however, I’ve added SOME liberties due to lack of details on her forearms.

She’s quite tall (very noticeable in the size comparison) still rocking her fem fatalle look without going TOO overboard on certain proportions and yet still staying true to her 2005 bionicle set.

(All the additional poses I rendered, will post the individuals, eventually)

Her claw catcher weapon was quite easy to build, since it only required a piece used for old system palm trees but in black to connect those talon like claws. Although it cannot be spun around like in the original set, it’s now held like a Scepter. Also, it took forever to come up with the Rhotuka spinner’s design, but i went with the dish like piece in Gunmetal grey.

And here’s a size comparison to the Tahu and Takua GWPs. She obviously towers above matoran builds and she’s almost as tall as two tahus.

I forgot to mention, all of her parts are available colors, so it’s very plausible to build her!

I may or may not post instructions later. And yes, this is for the GWP onua contest.

Scroll down for Sidorak Renders!

69 Likes

Round three entries are really blowing my socks off

Welcome to the boards, Nitron, and excellent job with this. You’ll definitely give the rest of us a run for our money

7 Likes

heheh, thanks XD

4 Likes

woah, she looks awesome!!

5 Likes

god, her legs are as tall as Tahu. Nessecito una mujer asi. Great work! Really captures the essence of the character and model.

5 Likes

Welcome to the Boards.

The shaping is between the movie and the set, and is accurate to both. The hip area very neatly closes every major gap while also having articulation, nicely done.

7 Likes

Wow… this is really well done!!

4 Likes

This is very well-built! I like that you kept the set’s original proportions instead of changing it to make it easier to build, good job!

6 Likes

wamen but blocky

good job

6 Likes

this looks really great!

5 Likes

Very nice redesign, very faithful to the original set

4 Likes

Looks exactly like her. Well done :+1:.

4 Likes

I NEED TO BUILD THIS.

4 Likes

Guess I’ve made a good first impression, so here’s all the individual renders:

instructions coming soon…

15 Likes

Yooo, not only is it Nitron, but it’s Nitron with one of the best contest entries I’ve seen so farThe torso and legs are definitely a highlight, you captured the character super well.

4 Likes

Dang i couldve used that background for my keetongu gwp moc. but i couldnt find it.

4 Likes

here’s the instructions for Roodaka GWP:
Roodaka GWP .pdf instructions
I made sure all pieces are in available colors.
happy building!

6 Likes

Saying that I’m impressed is like saying nothing. Excelent work!

3 Likes

"Roo… daka?" Sidorak’s famous last words

Roodaka’s newest Accessory! Sidorak!

more renders:

Instructions coming soon.

15 Likes

Fantastic!

5 Likes