Order of Mata Nui Files #37: Artakha, The Originator

I can see this one as the winner. I like the overall build and the use of the Ben10 pieces for the armor in the torso. I like the fact that you also use those elves pieces, even though it’s hardly noticeable once you put all the armor on xD.

1 Like

UPDATE: I’ve rustled up a Stud.io File of my entry, at least as close as I can get it with the currently available 3D models. I’ll put it up for download as soon as I finish the building instructions!

19 Likes

Do the CCBS shells on the torso fit just as well as the Ben10 parts?

1 Like

Nope, they’re just a look-alike placeholder since the Ben 10 Parts aren’t in Stud.io or any custom packs yet. There’s definitely a lot of clipping going on with the chestplate and the fence pieces underneath.

4 Likes

Artakha has entered the chat

Thought it would be cool to recreate that one scene from Reign of Shadows.

Some parts are missing from Stud.io but Artakha still looks menacing as ever.

Rendered in Blender.

17 Likes

You need to achieve the “Villager” trust level before you can vote in the polls.

2 Likes

And to become a villager, you must enter at least 10 topics, read at least 50 posts, and read posts for at least 30 minutes.

1 Like

I see. Thanks. To you and TheCobaltCorsair. I appreciate it.

2 Likes

EDIT: Thank you all for all the massive outpouring of support! I’ve decided to make a Stud.io File and Building Instructions of my Entry available to download for free early as thanks for being so awesome!

Stud.io File Download
Building Instructions Download

16 Likes

Thanks for sharing, but this pop my eye right away:

Captura de pantalla 2020-10-06 145013

Do you connect a rubber axle connector to a towball?

5 Likes

Yep! It causes the rubber piece to bulge out a bit to touch the floor, and it helps keep the foot from sliding out from under him on smooth surfaces! :grin:

6 Likes

Some people gon’ be mad.

is it bad that I went through the entire pdf narrating the steps in my head in your voice

8 Likes

Aside from the sand green, the gun-metal gray (Pearl Dark Gray) and a bit of silver, i’ve seen some dark bluish gray on the torso, and a little of the light bluish gray on the hammer (not complaining, just noticing) but i’m not sure if it has some of the old dark gray. Some of the pieces used are in that color (although I could be wrong) and what kind of shade are those pieces on the back of the hammer?

1 Like

The Stud.io file I posted earlier is accurate to the actual part colors of the MOC. I did use a little bit of old Light & Dark Gray in the physical model, but in Stud.io I made any pieces that where available in if the Bluish variety Light & Dark Bluish Gray. The Panels on the back of the Hammer are also Pearl Dark Grey, however they’re older and have a bit of a different tint to them.

4 Likes

Oh that’s cool!

1 Like

Congratulations, WCP.

5 Likes

I was wondering how you would get the rubber to stick out. Very creative.

2 Likes

Much congratulations to @Connor_Hoffman for winning this contest.

Your M.O.C looks exellent and is definetly worthy of being Artakha’s canon body, I’m exited to see what’s in store for us next and I wish you good luck in all your future endeavours. :grin::+1:

3 Likes

I see, thank you.

Congrats on the win my dude. I’m very excited the get a bricklink order setup so I can build this.

5 Likes