Order of Mata Nui Files #39: Krakua, The Envoy of Echoes

← Previous OoMN Files --------------- Next OoMN Files →

Finally one of the many canon Order of Mata Nui members has arrived! Krakua, the Toa of Sonics!

Krakua is a Toa who worked as a servant for the Order until they came out of hiding during the Destiny War, when he was officially inducted into the Intelligence Division!

3D Printed Mask by Red Star Forge: Shapeways 3D Printing Marketplace

MOC Instructions & More: https://bit.ly/2ZhUbTP
How to Build: Coming Soon™!
MOC Review: Coming Soon™!
Slideshow w/ Theme Music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfYLeyzRD0U

Bio:
Name: Krakua
Species: Spherus Magnan Toa
Element: Sonics
Kanohi: Great Suletu, Mask of Telepathy
Affiliation: Order of Mata Nui
Titles: Toa, Order of Mata Nui Agent
Personality: Loyal, obedient, truthful, tends to hum to himself
Fighting Style: Well rounded in both melee and elemental ranged combat
Abilities: Full elemental sound control
Equipment: Sonic vibration sword

More shots of the MOC!

Thanks for checking him out!

← Previous OoMN Files --------------- Next OoMN Files →

48 Likes

Man, this Krakua MOC is awesome!:+1:

“Is his Kanohi shaped like a Seletu or a Hau?”
“Yes.”

On top of that, it looks the most like something out of a live-action film of any Kanohi I’ve ever seen!:smiley:
This all plays in to nicely compliment the superstar build you did, that takes the build of the original model, and, while preserving its overall look and feel, updates it, making it fuller and more greebled with the integration of more modern building techniques involving System and CCBS.
(That, and the scabbard function you gave him is pretty dang neat.:slightly_smiling_face:)

Hats off to ya, chap.:+1:

2 Likes

As weird as the sword looks (though that’s of course due to canon) - the way he can sheath it is actually pretty ingenious.

Also a really good MOC otherwise. The only thing I can really see as improvable are the backs of the lower legs - those feel a bit open.

3 Likes

Wow, it’s really amazing how you were able to maintain the aesthetic and general design of the original. What piece is that that you used for the sword pommel and sheath?

2 Likes

This looks great! It stays true to the original while still being it’s own thing! Also, what’s that part on the back of the sword?

2 Likes

I think it’s a click joint from Knight’s Kingdom. Teridax/Exo-Toa

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=41680&idColor=11#T=C&C=11

(So is the scabbard)

3 Likes

Exactly this. Fantastic as usual.

2 Likes

This is a great Krakua revamp I like how you made it so that he can store his sword.

3 Likes

Words cannot state how happy i am that you made a krakua revamp.
it just looks amazing.

in summary: VERY EXTRA NICE.

EDIT:

KOICHI POSE KOICHI POSE.
9 Likes

Wow this lots great! Love that you’ve still kept the original look of Krakua, with the visorak feet on his legs and such, keep up the great work! What piece is used for the sword holder?

2 Likes

Thanks! The answer to your question is in the others posts above yours :smiley:

1 Like

Oh thanks I didn’t see that, whoops
edit. Do you think you will ever do mazeka and his swamp strider?

1 Like

I have the set, but I can’t say it’s on my list at the moment. I o want to eventually build a revamp/MOC of every canon OoMN member, so I might one day!

4 Likes

@Connor_Hoffman,
If you don’t mind my asking, might I inquire as to how this build’s magnificently-done torso is made?

Sorry for the late reply - I’ve been requested to make instructions for this guy from one of my patrons, so they should be up on my Patreon within the month!

6 Likes