Order of Mata Nui Files #40: Kanohi, Great Being of Emotion

← Previous OoMN Files --------------- Next OoMN Files →

Hailing from the time before time, Kanohi - The Great Being of Emotion, and creator of every Kanohi ever - is here!

During the creation of the Matoran Universe, Kanohi worked very closely with Angonce and Yukore to develop the Matoran Species. She single-handedly developed the Kanohi Mask system for the Matoran Universe’s inhabitants, basing each Mask design and Power after the faces of her fellow Great Beings!

For this MOC I wanted to evoke classic Bionicle themes, especially with the inclusion of a function, which is showcased in the OoMN Files Slideshow below!

How to Build: Coming Soon™!
MOC Review: Coming Soon™!
Instructions: Coming Soon™!

Slideshow w/ Theme Music:

Bio:
Name: Kanohi
Species: Great Being
Element: Emotion
Kanohi: All of them
Affiliation: None
Titles: Great Being
Personality: Quiet, expressionless, uses masks to convey emotion
Fighting Style: Well rounded in both melee and ranged combat
Abilities: All Great Being abilities, emotion reading, is the source of all Mask powers
Equipment: Glaive, masks

More shots of the MOC!

← Previous OoMN Files --------------- Next OoMN Files →

44 Likes

While the entire MOC is amazing, I like the simplicity of the staff. It balances well with the rest of the build, and the brown is a great touch.

1 Like

I love the color scheme, head design, and concept, but I’m not a -huge- fan of the massive skirt. Definitely looking forward to coming installations of her story though.

1 Like

Some very intriguing/clever part usage on this MOC- hero factory helmet for the torso, vahi+krana for the head, knight’s kingdom sword for the skirt, etc…

It’s a great MOC! The build is very cohesive and flows together well, and the circle of masks is interesting.

(EDIT: I see you updated Yukore. looks good!)

1 Like

This is one of my favorite mocs you’ve made I really love the spinning kanohi at her waist and the head design.

1 Like

Personally, I’m not a huge fan of how bulky the skirt thing is. It looks good in some shots, but it’s not for me. Otherwise, it’s a great MOC. The colors are great, the floating masks are excellent, and the overall look is nice.

1 Like

This is a great moc. The design is incredibly unique, and the spinning mask idea is super cool, though its integration does make the waist area a lil monkey looking. Though by far the best part in my opinion is that head design. Gosh dang that head design is both unique and awesome looking.

1 Like

I’ve seen a lot of color schemes in my day but gosh golly gee that is a color scheme

Once again your create a moc which emphasizes visual flair over pretty much everything else - although the NPU category is flexed a bit here as well, with the usage of the Vahi cheek hole as an addition to the Krana. Overall, there’s not really too much else to say about the moc, other than with his close the skirt portions sit, I’m honestly surprised you were able to fit legs.

Excellent moc as usual, and I greatly await the how to build video!

2 Likes

The Vahi/Krana head is awesome and the bold color scheme and function are both exciting. I agree with some of the other commenters that the skirt is too bulky for my taste, but it’s very well built overall.

2 Likes

The fact that you built a dynamic function into the torso of all places is so cool, satisfying too.

2 Likes

This is so unique! I love it!

1 Like

I always like seeing this series, as every moc is fantastic and has something new. And this one is no different; the mask circle is such a unique and well done feature, the only complaint is that I don’t feel that the skirt works here, but fabulous job otherwise!

2 Likes

Not sure how well I like the color scheme, but I do quite like the concept for her face.

2 Likes

In the immortal words of Greg farshtey “very nice!”

4 Likes