~Plorg 2.0~

Perhaps, but these ones are much smaller and tend to fly away. They are not like your normal feathered kin. In fact, in a strange sense, they feel more advanced than you.

What about The Lazy Ones?

Far too large, you fear. If they make another blow against you, there is a high chance of death.

How large am I?

Also stealthily move away from the nest.

Measurement is a very strange idea to you. Part of you has a concept of it, but you have never bothered to actually try it. It’s… Odd. There is an inkling of an idea there. Feet to measure? A strange concept that feels far too familiar.

Regardless, you are certain you are about as tall as one of the settler bipeds, maybe a little taller.

Inspect the leaves on the tree to see if they are safe to eat.

how difficult would it be to move to safe hunting grounds without attracting dangerous attention?

They definitely look safe, but you run into two problems: the first is that your teeth have no way of chewing these leaves. The second is that the last time you tried to swallow plants, you violently vomited. Your body was not designed to take in plants, apparently. So that will not work for sustainable food.

Perhaps if you crossed at night, you could make it safely, but we are still injured so it will be a long trek, and the hunger will start to become a problem again.

Can I see the river from my vantage? What is happening there? Would there be … picked over leavings that I would be able to eat?

to clarify I’m referring to dead meat, not feces :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Yes you can. From the distance, you see that the Big One killed one of the armored Big Ones and is currently eating and tearing into it. There are some other carcasses there, but we shall have to wait until there is less powerful enemies to take on.

For now, you elect to rest in the tree, getting some healing to your wounded body, until the time is right. A few hours pass, and your eyes open to see one of the Big Ones with a long neck eating the leaves around you non-chalantly.

1 Like

How close is it to night? Has the activity by the river died down?

why a I getting so invested in the survival of a raptor(?)

1 Like

The activity by the river has indeed died down. The sun is starting to set.

Can I make my way to where there are still fresh carcasses with enough meat left for sustenance?

Indeed. However, the long necked Big One notices you start to move. It rescinds it’s head back and gives a strange glare to you.

1 Like

Scramble out of the tree and run to the mountains, it worked last time there was a Big One.

slowly back away from it, giving it room to feed on the most succulent of the leaves I may have been blocking. Make sure not to agitate it.

1 Like

We elect to back away from the long necked Big One. We start to head down the tree quietly. However, you hear something. Something strange. The way the strange bipeds talk.

You can hear me, little one?

Where are they? Have they seen me?

You look around for any bipeds. Your eyes are quite good, and see none.

No, up here. Do not be scared. You are hurt, yes?

You look upward, and the strange long-necked Big One is staring at you. In an unnatural glance, it… Smiles at you.

I see. You understand me. That means you are not the regular Utahraptors running around here. That comforts me. I am not a regular Brontosaurus either, if you could tell already. Now, you do look injured. And no doubt hungry.

1 Like

Move over to an area behind trees where I can see it and it can see me, but it is too large to give chase to me.

3 Likes