Pohatu - Grandmaster of Stone

I love G2 color scheme for Pohatu . . . except the silver. Doesn’t go with the stone element imo.

So I wanted to revamp him using the gray shell pieces from the Jynn Erso set (ordered a bunch for $.50 apiece on BL).

As he was coming together, I realized he looks like he’s evolved beyond a Toa. He has become a Grandmaster of his element. But now the question is, has he reached his final form?

Back shot

Alt head

Prisma

123 Likes

This looks really great, nice work :+1:

2 Likes

Great improvement over the 2015 Pohatu. The tubes, swords, and the cloth are great touches, and the gray instead of silver is a good choice.

4 Likes

Absolutely brilliant. I applaud when people make very well put together mocs of Pohatu, given the inconsistent color scheme. I personally think the burnt brown used in hewkii and g2 Pohatu works a lot better for the guy. Also, It’s great to see some rarely used pieces such as Rey’s weird waist-cloth thing and the rocky armor seen in PoE put to use.

5 Likes

This seems like it would fit much better with the Uniter mask. Other than that, great job.

2 Likes

Love how you decided to accent the neon green instead of getting rid of it. This guy’s so good looking he could pass as an original moc but he does resemble Pohatu quite a lot. I like the G1 Kakama on him more, personally, but his G2 mask looks great as well. I think this was a good idea that turned out amazing. Good job.

3 Likes

I tried that mask, but the silver on top just doesn’t look right. If it wasn’t for that, you’re right. It’s sculpted much better.

1 Like

The build is very nice by itself, but the weapons for this guy are really cool.

2 Likes

Nice MOC, a very nice remake of the ‘meh’ 2015 set.

1 Like

I personally didn’t mind the silver, but that’s just me. The tan, however, does look very nice with the dark orange and trans neon green.

1 Like

I honestly like him alot better with the 2015 G2 mask better than the G1 version on him; gives off a serious feel to it. With the G1 version, he looks more childish but it is an overall really good looking moc.

2 Likes

would love to see you’re versions of the other Toa as well.

You know, I’ve been sitting here all day thinking about that. Last year I did a couple of them, but they were in a slightly different style:

Gali

Lewa

and Tahu

But I think I’ll take another crack at them in the style of this Pohatu.

2 Likes

Is the boards drunk? I just got this in my notifications.

It means somebody linked your post.

and yet, no post has been linked.

I really like the look of this MOC. It just fits Pohatu and is really unique.

1 Like

Ah I see, the links are to the sub posts not the actual post.

Also The MOC looks great @BlackboltJohnson

2 Likes

This is an interesting creation…

2 Likes

How do you make the feet?