Pohatu GWP MOC Contest Entry: Takanuva and the Ussanui

This is one of my favorite (and first) Bionicle sets from my childhood, and I loved translating the build into the LEGO system bricks.

One of the barriers I faced in designing this model was actually the model for Takanuva. There weren’t a lot of pieces molded in gold that I wanted to use, so I opted to use dark tan as a substitute. I think it works well enough but I do plan on a custom paint job in the future for the gold of his armor as well as the silver bits of the Ussanui.

I have even designed a graphic for the Avohkii that I would like to print in the future. Here’s what it looks like on the build I did for the mask:

Lastly just a few more pictures of the model (and yes, the red crowbar represents the action feature lever on the original set).

And this is my first post on the message boards so if I did something wrong please let me know

41 Likes

This is excellent! Well done and super detailed. I love the Ussanui and Takanuva is outstanding! Also great first post!

4 Likes

Oh woah… Great job on the Ussanui, that’s awesome!!

4 Likes

…i have no words

@Sonus yeah, and now I have 16 words and 4 punctuation marks

6 Likes

Welcome to the Boards.

The Ussanui is a little rough, but that Takanuva is fantastic - it looks just like something LEGO would produce. Excellent work, and best of luck in the contest!

4 Likes

Actually you have 4

7 Likes

Love it!!!

4 Likes

I love how Takanuva is built here, perfectly matches the GWP style

5 Likes

I’m of the opposite opinion.

Ussanui looks amazing, but Takanuva looks rough, like he’s got too much mass and details, taking away from the simplicity of the original GWP design.

2 Likes