Random Kra-Toa

This is just a random toa of shadow I built out of sheer boredom and curiosity. I saw an upper-arm design Gaé7 had made for a Lewa Nuva moc of his that utilized the nuva shoulder armor. Thought it would be interesting to use it. Also an excuse to use Black and Gunmetal color scheme.

Some key things to point out.
*Added filler to the back of legs and forearm, so it wasn’t just empty.
*Added filler between the front armor and frame to cut down on gappiness.
*Eyes are actually yellow like Gali Mata eyes, but camera flash made them come out greenish.

Link to Gallery on Flickr
Credit goes to Gaé7 for the upper arm design, with very slight modification to it.

18 Likes

lookin alright and decent

1 Like

Is that a custom torso design?

No it is not. I merely added filler parts to fix the gappiness.

1 Like

I don’t know why, but it look fairly feminine in the first pic. Were you trying for that?

No, I wasn’t.

any MOC with the Hau Nuva automatically looks less female and more Elmo.

1 Like

Why Ek, WHY?!? The memories… THEY’RE TOO PAINFUL!!!:cry:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Apart from those spike pieces on the backs of his legs, this is a pretty solid and flowing MOC.

A post was split to a new topic: Nui Zerrahx

I love Toa of Shadow

I got to admit this looks pretty great.
But the shoulders and hands look weird.

Might I ask what you mean by Elmo? This isn’t the first time I’ve heard the Hau Nuva and Elmo in the same sentence, but frankly the reference is lost on me.

Cool, but someone needs to make a toa of shadow with a Krata. (Not a Krana! :stuck_out_tongue:) then it can be KRA-ToA! :laughing:

To me, the overall shape of the Hau Nuva is very similar to Elmo.

Then again, I’m not entirely positive of what Elmo looks like, because it’s been a loooooong time since I cared.

I do remember big red cheeks though, something the Hau Nuva matches one for one :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like