Salvation: Part II

Zepar draws his sword and tries to stab the Heavy Ground Trooper through the back, not realizing the sword he was attacking with was the one he found in his room.

“I’m sorry, I won’t ask if you don’t want to talk about it.” Epsilon said, his tone unchanged from before.

"Slag. he muttered. “Alright then. Anyone need a ride?” he asked.

The Heavy Trooper cries out as the Twilight Saber’s blade sinks into his back, hissing as it did so. The Heretic falls over, dead.

“Slag!” a Ground Trooper calls, noticing the commotion. “They’re flanking us!”

A team of four Ground Troopers turns their attention away from the cornered guards, scrambling to take cover behind floating panels and equipment to engage Zepar.

“That won’t be necessary,” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ dismisses the offer.

“Much appreciated, but no thanks,” Topside declines.

“Nah, it’s fine,” Thrift says, shaking his head. “I enjoy doling out exposition about my past to strangers, in fact.”

Daria smiles and walks over to Deus,
“Hey fella!”
She pats his shoulder,
“Guessing you were taken good care of?”

Zepar said only one word, “Surrender.”

His eyes glowed with a pale violet light as a beam of Dark Energon lanced from the Angelicon’s gauntleted hand to the recently killed trooper which suddenly rose up from where it fell, a gaping hole through its chest showing his internal components were glowing a similar glow as its back-mounted cannon started charging up.

Epsilon seems to perk up, he always liked hearing stories, especially from Junkions because of how animatedly they told their tales.

1 Like

Deus nods and gives Daria a thumbs-up.

The Ground Troopers cry out in surprise and fear at the display.

“What the frak is that?!” one shouts.

“Doesn’t matter; shoot 'em both!” another, the leader, apparently, barks.

While one of the troopers begins firing upon the terrorcon, the other three take aim at Zepar and discharge their photon rifles. Bursts of hard light fly through the air toward the angelicon.

Thrift clears his throat- an entirely superfluous action, being a robot and all.

“Well,” he says. “Y’know that bird-drone-thing that Corona gave Delta?” he asks.

“Suit yourselves.” he said, then transformed and flew to the aforementioned prison sector.

The Terrorcon gets knocked back a bit but, largely, seems unfazed by the attack as it fires its cannon at the nearest Ground Trooper.

Zepar’s energy shield activates, expanding to protect the Angelicon as his left arm began to transform.

Take them alive, if you can. The Terrorcon heard in its empty mind as it gave a shrill and circuit-chilling battle cry.

“Yeah.” Epsilon said, pulling up a couple chairs for himself and Thrift to sit on so the story could be shared more comfortably.

Topside and ■■■■■■■■■■■■ follow in their vehicle modes, racing up a network of ramps and bridges to the spaceport above.

In Detention Ward Two, combat had broken out in the time it had taken for Gatecrasher to fly back to Salvation. The prisoners may have been unarmed, but what they lacked in firepower, they made up for in numbers. Three Air Troopers rush the Autobot Guard, knocking him to the ground.

The shield protects Zepar from the incoming fire.

The Trooper firing upon the terrorcon is blown apart, along with the floating panel he had been using for cover. The other three ■■■■■ their focus to the undead, backing away as they fire upon the terrorcon, aiming at its chest and head.

Thrift looks around, and once he judges it to be safe, he hops out of his ship and into the chair.

“Well, that used to belong to pirate I knew about seventy years back,” he says. “He and I… didn’t exactly part on the best of terms…”

Gatecrasher flips into tank mode, and fires a couple rounds at the Air Troopers.

“Last chance;” Zepar hissed, “Surrender or perish.” His dragon arm suddenly blasted out a stream of violet Dragonfire at the Ground Troopers, enhanced by Dark Energon, the flames would not only be very hot but also weaken those that lingered close to them.

The Terrorcon, turned towards its attackers, slowed down by the onslaught as it tried to reach them.

Epsilon nods, showing he was keeping up with Thrift so far.

Daria smiles,
“Say Deus, I’ve been thinking… I think I need to get you to a range and have you practice with my gun.”

Two of the Air Troopers are slain, and the survivor and the Autobot Guard are sent flying into a wall, both sustaining injury.

The three Ground Troopers fall back as the fire scorches their cover.

Interestingly, Zepar might notice that the broken walls, and the body of the blasted Ground Trooper, were being repaired by the energies of the spaceport’s machine. Even the terrorcon’s wounds could be observed to be slowly on the mend.

“I may have cheated him out of his entire fleet in a card game which I might have one… less-than-fairly,” Thrift continues, looking around to make sure that he was not being watched.

“But hey! It appears that the loss of his enterprise was the catalyst to his giving up a life of crime and finding a new meaning in life through devotion to faith! So in a roundabout way I benefited him greatly, yes?”

Deus shrugs his shoulders.

Gatecrasher transforms, and shoots at the last air trooper with his gun, while pulling out his shield.

Zepar has the Terrorcon try to corner the Heretics, along with a new friend, as he went to check the Guards to make sure they were all right.

“I guess so, I imagine he’s probably still a bit miffed about that card game.” Epsilon said with a shrug.

@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister

Juliana had left the stage, and was now trying to figure out where Blught had went.

The three Troopers cease their retreat and fire upon the terrorcon yet again, aiming for its chest, head, and its cannon.

The guards had been forced to retreat into the ward’s medical facility. Many had sustained minor injuries, and were fighting to hold off the rest of the rioting inmates.

The last Air Trooper is slain, falling to the floor with a hole in his chest. But a Mercenary had managed to procure a Scatterblaster shotgun and approaches Gatecrasher from behind.

The Autobot guard shouts a warning to Gatecrasher just as the Mercenary starts to pull the trigger.

“Get down!”

“Hey, it’s been seventy years,” Thrift says defensively. “It was just a couple o’ ships. Few hundred mercs. Nothing Cannonball-level, y’know what I mean?”

1 Like

Zepar’s Terrorcons tried to keep the pressure on the heretics while the Angelicon moved to try and locate and capture whoever was the leader of these inmates.

Epsilon nods, “Fair point.” He said.

The Splitter Brothers wander into the brig, coincidentally.

SideStep heads to Salvo, and Pixel finds her way to facelift.

Gatecrasher ducks and activated the Sentinel Shield, attempting to shield the autobot guard and himself from danger.