Salvation: Part II

“How did this happen; what is this place?” He asked.

Gronius stands up, shrugging his shoulders as he throws his hands up in the air.

“Dunno,” he says. “The lady inside only spoke Ancient, but I got the sense she didn’t want me in there, whatever ‘there’ is.”

Zepar looks into the structure, “Come out! I wish only to discuss!” He calls out in Ancient.

Gronius draws one of his swords tentatively as a gold dragon flies out of one of the portholes in the mountainside, swooping onto the landing pad and assuming the robot mode of the Green Knight. She stares sternly at Zepar, hawk-like and battle-ready.

@ProfSrlojohn

@ProfSrlojohn

@meepinater

The sentinel approaches SideStep, stowing his weapon and regarding the Decepticon curiously.

1 Like

Zepar asks her who she was and what her assignment was here on this world…in Ancient, of course.

I am an echo of Hyperborea, of Cybertron,” the Green Knight identifies herself.

It is my duty to safeguard this planet and the artifacts hidden here from those who would abuse their power.

“What’s she saying?” Gronius whispers to Zepar.

Hyberborea draws her sword- it looked remarkably similar to the one the Omega Key had briefly transformed into on Planet Omega- and points the blade at the Autobot.

This one, I suspect, is one such soul,” she growls. Gronius lowers his weapon and takes a cautious step back.

1 Like

“He is not…” Zepar said, before proceeding to inform her of Salvation, her crew and her quest, including Bludgeon and his Heretics who are such foul souls. He then also translates for Gronius to understand.

OOC: GTG; class. Then work, basically, right after.

Hyperborea listens as Zepar relates to her his plight and our heroes’ mission. She stows her sword and straightens her posture, willing to entertain the possibility that the angelicon was telling the truth.

"So, you come from the ship to the east?" she assumes. “Salvation, is it? An aptly-named vessel, she is, if you speak truthfully.

1 Like

There was no lie to be found in the Angelicon, “Is there anything you can do to help us save Primus?” he asked, almost begging as he had a pleading look in his eyes.

Hyperborea regards Zepar skeptically. Programmed to guard this world’s treasures from the unworthy, the echo needed more than words to acquiesce to the angelicon’s pleas.

Within this mountain lay weapons of great power,” she says. “Weapons which will aid you in your battles with Bludgeon. But I will not simply hand them to you; return here with two Omega Keys, and the vaults will be open to you.

“What’s she saying?” Gronius asks from behind Zepar.

“It shall be done, Knight Hyperborea.” Zepar said, “Where shall we go to be tested?”

He the translated for Gronius. “…remind me to teach you Ancient when we have time.” He said.

Gronius nods his head.

“That’d be helpful,” he says.

You will find a fortress south of here,” Hyperborea explains. “The next Omega Key awaits within. Pass our trials, and it will be yours.

1 Like

Zepar nods, translates to Gronius and beckons the Autobot follow him to this fortress.

Gronius transforms into his dragon form and rises into the air.

Zepar leads Gronius to the fortress to the south, “So, you met a Knight’s Echo.” He said, “Be proud, very few could survive a direct battle with a Knight outside a duel.”

“Yeah,” Gronius says in between flaps of his wings, “yeah, I’m feeling real proud of myself right now…”

The Autobot sounded angry, and beneath that rage, sorrowful.

Zepar stops to hover in the air, “What troubles you?” He asked, concerned for his friend.

Gronius transforms to robot mode and lands on a cliff, causing a shower of rock to fall down into the trees below.

“She’s-… Wildsong’s dead,” he chokes out, as if speaking it brought him physical pain.

Zepar’s eyes immediately turn a deep purple as his anger rose like a volcano primed for eruption. His growl was low and filled with a rage that he hadn’t felt before. “They…will pay for that.” He growled.

Gronius nods slowly, scowling.

“I should’ve-… I could’ve-… if I’d just-…” he sputters, clenching his fists.