Salvation: Part II

Starchaser keeps up her pursuit. Though makes sure to stay aware of the cannon fire around her.

She tries moving one of her arms forward and firing her machine gun at Skystalker. Though it left her a bit unstable in the air for a short time.

Llun jumps backwards in order to escape the predacon’s claws.

Seeing a supposed ally jump onto the predacon’s head, Llun jumps up towards the face of the predacon, swinging his blades at it, aiming to blind it.

Llun’s blade cuts across Vertebreak’s eyes, blinding the predacon.

Skystalker is shot in the side and crashes onto the ground beneath the fortress.

“They’re not my expectations, Decepticon!” Salvo retorts. “They’re the expectations of every bot back on Cybertron counting on us to keep our whole species from starving to death! That’s what’s at stake here.”

“You think I don’t know that! You think it hasn’t tortured me every day I was sent on this mission, knowing that I cannot do anything about it!? You think I WANT to be useless!? You’re just like all the others!” he says, pointing a finger at her.

“‘Oh don’t worry, you just need to practice to get better!’ or, ‘I’m sure they had a reason for picking you!’ or ‘just try your best!’” he said in a mocking tone.

“You think I haven’t tried to get better? You think I haven’t been giving my all, only to be of no use? Hl, I’m not even supposed to be here! I didn’t want to be on this Dn mission! I’m here by mistake! Even then, I tried to help, to be of use, but in the end, I’m always just a failure.” He ended this rant with notably somber tone.

Starchaser shot down to the ground, slowing down as she approached the ground. She pressed her foot down on the predacon’s neck and aimed her anti-material rifle at his head.

“So. Any last words?”
She said, though that sparked a question in her thoughts.
“Wait a minute. Can you even talk?”

“Well… you saved me,” Salvo says in a more gentle tone. “I’d say you were a help there.”

Skystalker’s only reply is a throaty hiss as the dragon glares up at Starchaser.

“Sheer dumb luck. You’d probably’d been fine without me.”

“Huh. Guess not.”
The decepticon said casually. She fired her rifle right into the Predacon’s head.

Salvo shrugs.

“Well… yeah, maybe… but it was appreciated, all the same, you know?”

Skystalker’s body goes limp as the lights in his optics flicker out. A low growl escapes the predacon’s jaws as he dies.

“You won’t be so greatful when you die because of me…” muttered somberly.

Starchaser smirked.
“Yep. I still got it.”
She rested her rifle over her shoulder, and looked around for more potential targets. Preferably predacons.

…which a much smaller version of Vertebreak took advantage of, tearing at the Predacon’s face it its own claws and fire breath.

“I reckon I won’t,” Salvo agrees. “But that hasn’t happened yet, now has it?”

Starchaser’s allies were finishing off Vertebreak, which left the Predaking as the last predacon to take down. Currently, the icy behemoth was laying into helpless squadrons of New Decepticons and Salvation crew members alike, freezing them over before smashing them to pieces with his tail blade.

Vertebreak falls onto his stomach, his face thoroughly mutilated by Pixel and Llun’s attacks. A groan escapes what’s left of the drake’s jaws as he falls into stasis lock.

Spectrum leaped at Vertebreak.

“You, no, others, yes.” He sighed.

“Listen, I’m cursed. Whether it’s a proper curse, or just a long string of bad luck, but everyone I’ve ever known has died a miserable, horrible death. That’s why I call you autobot instead of your name, because I don’t want to be responsible for another death.”

Starchaser transformed into her helicopter mode and flew high above the battle field. She pelted the beast’s head with machine gun fire. Knowing it would do little damage. But hoping it would be enough of a distraction for her comrades to do some serious damage.

Vertebreak was on the ground, trying to fight off stasis lock.

“Trust me, it’ll take more than your unlucky stars to do me in,” Salvo says in an effort to try and build the Decepticon’s spirits up. “The fourth siege of Polyhex, the Nightmare Engine, Bruticus Maximus- I’ve lived through the worst of what this war’s had to throw at me.”

The Predaking looks up, glaring at Starchaser as she flies by. This gives some of her fellow crew members the opportunity to retreat from the freezing mist surrounding the dragon.

“HA! That’s nothing compared to the world of espionage. At least in a proper fight you know what you’re facing! In espionage, anyone and everyone could be an enemy.”

Salvo runs her hands down her face and emits a frustrated growl.

“I do not have the time nor the patience right now to coach you through your self-esteem issues for hours on end!” she snaps. “You wanna crawl into a corner and hide so bad, just go already!”

Starchaser continued firing upon Predaking. Aiming for some of the more sensitive spots.
“Oh what’s the matter scale belly? Got something in your eye?”
She taunted.

Meanwhile Treadquake continued to wait in hiding. Waiting for the beast to open its jaws. A roar, a bite, anything.