Salvation: Part II

The Omega Key continued to produce a faint, trickling stream of the liquid- whatever it was.

Upon ingesting it, SideStep could feel small repairs being made to his insides- nothing spectacular, but still something. The liquid also affected his mind, making a tiny repair to a part of his memory core.

SideStep blinked.
A faint memory of a beautiful female Cybertronian surfaced, and a feeling of joy and satisfaction overwhelmed SideStep.
Then the feeling was gone, as soon as it had started.
SideStep stared at the liquid and tried to drink more of it, grabbing one of his empty bottles and trying to catch the drips feverishly.

1 Like

The strange liquid continues its work- very, very slowly, but surely. But it would only last a short while, and the rate at which the Omega Key produced it was pitiful- it would take many hours to fill one bottle with this miraculous elixir.

SideStep was more than willing to wait that long.
He sat down against a wall and held the bottle to the Omega Key, licking any that got on his fingers.

Grommet suddenly pops into view, having walked into the hologram.

“What’s all this?” he asks, confused. “It didn’t- what are you doing?”

“Getting more of this… this stuff.” SideStep muttered, staring intently at the Omega Lock.
He glances up.
“It helps.”

“Wow. It seems like all the old myths and legends are becoming more real each day.” She says with a tinge of amazement, “First Lady corona, now the quintessons, not to mention the Omega Lock, it boggles the mind.”

The Angelicon turns to face Topside, “Yes?” He asks politely.

Grommet looks down at SideStep and the Omega Key, utterly bewildered.

“What are you talking about?!” he sputters.

Thrift nods.

“It does seem to be something of a trend,” the junkion observes. “What’s next, one wonders? The Dead Matrix? The Lost Colonies of the Thirteen? The Snider Cut of Justice League gets released? Seems like the possibilities are endless, doesn’t it?”

Topside points a finger at Zepar.

“Nice work with that plan of yours,” the captain praises the angelicon. This elicits more incredulous reactions from a few NPCs.

“Okay, captain, go see Forcep already,” Broadband implores. “The energon loss has clearly made you delusional.”

1 Like

OOC: was busy with school work stuffs

Daria spoke,
“Sometimes I miss them… my old family.”

Actaeon sighs and raises his hand the throws it down quickly chopping at Facelift’s neck, his aim to quickly put the bot unconscious and orchestrate things so they would make sense.

“Yes it does.” She took a sip from her glass, then stopped. “Hrm… odd. Mr. Halfrunner, is this spiked?”

“I know that feeling.”

2 Likes

“With all due respect,” Zepar said somberly, “That stunt would’ve been our end; whether by Primus’s will or our own luck, we survived and I’m afraid that the risk I took in desperation doesn’t deserve high praise.”

It was clear he expected to be reprimanded for that stunt and felt undeserving of praise for what he did.

Facelift cries out as he staggers back, clutching his neck and coughing.

“What the hell, man?!” he chokes out, hunched over.

“I can see you two have already had a fair amount to drink,” Lurch quips dryly. “I’m hesitant to provide you with more.”

Halfrunner eyes Juliana, and the drink, quizzically.

“Shouldn’t be,” he says.

Thrift leans over eagerly.

“Yet in the interest of protecting the fair lady, I will gladly sacrifice myself and drink the beverage in her stead!” the junkion offers.

“Yes, but Autobots tend to praise stupidity when it miraculously works in their favor,” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ venomously quips.

“I suppose it is to be expected that the ramshackle resistance places its faith in blind luck; it’s all that’s kept them in the fight these past five centuries.”

The atmosphere on the bridge almost instantly becomes more charged.

“Seemed a little strong to me. Take it.” And she slides that glass down to Thrift.

“Either way, we are alive and with that, Cybertron still has hope that its people still have a future.” Zepar said.

Thrift snatches up the glass, and in one fluid motion empties its contents into the remnants of the sparking drink he already had.

“How chivalrous of you, lad,” Halfrunner quips to the junkion in a deadpan.

“So they say…” Thrift retorts, swishing the new drink around in his glass.

■■■■■■■■■■■■ huffs, folds his arms, and turns to look out the window.

Topside’s fists were clenched, and it was likely he was considering striking his counterpart.

“Sooo…” Breakswitch awkwardly cuts in, "…how about the weird lightshow, huh? What awing and wondrous mystery will we uncover this time?

Daria remains silent for a few more seconds before speaking again,
“One of the members of my family was this young bot. He was a worker in the mines and he was soooo full of energy. He was my little brother… but there was an incident. He was delivering our product to a customer and I guess they didn’t like him too much because they blasted him…I kinda wish I was able to fulfill that promise with him.”

Actaeon hits Facelift again to make sure he was passed out. He replies to Lurch,
“Surprisingly I haven’t had a sip since I came on this ship, that being said.”
He looks at Facelift,
“Not too sure about him. Anyways we need you to lend a hand, not as literally as he might put it. I want to show someone what a toast is.”

Juliana shakes her head disappointedly. “So, Mr. Halfrunner, what do you think of Lady Corona?”

“Huh… reminds me of my son.
Years ago, I promised him I would come home when my term was over, but that didn’t happen.” He sighed. “But you don’t want this old soldier to bother you with his problems.”

Daria slightly nods,
“That devastated me, when I found out I had lost him…I-… Anyways, I went to a dark place left the business drifted for a few years before my family took me back in.”
She stays still unmoving from her position. This was something she didn’t lightly tell.

“This stuff helps me!” SideStep repeated, holding up a barely-filled bottle of the Elixir.