Salvation: Part II

“Who’s willing to bet the Key is somehow involved in this?” Zepar asked.

Epsilon stomped onto the bridge, “Okay, who was drunk at the flight controls?” He growled.

1 Like

He took it, motioned a thank you, and turned back to the others.

“Ah, oh, here?”
Sge asked confused, realising that some were eyeing her.

“Yeah! Like that time a giant bomb exploded right in my face! I lost my legs, but I survived!”

Lurch tilts his head.

“That’s it?” he says in disbelief. “What where the guns for, then?”

“Intimidation,” Facelift says nonchalantly.

“I don’t know what to think,” Halfrunner says. “The sensible side of me is skeptical of any man or woman who says Primus lets them see the future, but seeing how sense is factoring into the happenings of our voyage less and less…”

Grommet studies the elixir, and the Omega Key which produced it.

“Sprocket will want to know about this, I’m sure,” he predicts.

Many a bot raises his or her hand.

“Calculating…” announces Motherboard.

Breakswitch, on whom the concept of loyalty to one’s sibling was lost, instantly rats Flyby out.

“Yeah, it was this idiot!” she says, pointing to her brother.

But, actually, I was sober the whole time,” Flyby assures Epsilon.

Topside shrugs.

“One second,” he request of Wildsong, before winding up his fist and sending a sudden punch squarely into the side of ■■■■■■■■■■■■’s face. The Decepticon reels back, immediately bringing up his hand to the afflicted region of his head.

“And now the discussion proper can begin,” Topside calmly says to Wildsong.

“Oh, big deal,” the prison medic scoffs.

“Everybody’s had a bomb go off too close for comfort in the last five hundred years, and the number of bots who haven’t lost a limb or two at least once could probably be counted on one hand.”

“Tho what if we gave her the benefit of the doub?” Gronius asked. “Have you guys heard about the story of that Earthling that said he is the son of a god of sorts? I perdonally don’t want to anger somebody that is so out of my league.”

“I… Uh…” she said, confused of what just happened. “Want to build a combiner team.”

“Yeah, but my bomb was huge!”

“At least you had someone to go back to. I had nothing, nothing but my fellow Decepticons.”

“Maybe. I’m not a able to form an opinion. I’m so young and so ignorant, I don’t know what to think.” She looked down a little, like she was slightly embarrassed.

“I fail to see how this means that you can’t have an opinion.” Gronius told her.

“W-well I don’t know enough! I’m only 40!” She protested.

“So?”

Halfrunner doesn’t reply, seeing how Gronius had entered a new conversation. The broad-shouldered antillian turns to address the needs of other patrons.

“Y’know, terrans consider forty years to be fairly advanced in one’s lifespan?” Thrift agrees with Gronius, setting down his drink. How a man such as he drank without a mouth was a mystery.

“It’s my experience that age and wisdom do not always go hand-in-hand.”

Topside’s expression shifts to one of mild surprise. Behind him, ■■■■■■■■■■■■ casts a scornful look at his Autobot counterpart, before turning to stare out the window again.

The medic scoffs resumes her work.

“I am not getting into this discussion with you pal,” she groans.

“Really?” She gave him a confused look “I thought you had to be one to be the other.”

She started telling tgem her story, from her rather large number of years of studying Transformer anatomy, to her multiple failed attempts to create new combining individuals, from her argues with the Salvation’s scientists over the life-giving cube, to her retaliation and acceptance to start “small”, with already existing individuals.
“I have proofs for my skills. Hundreds of years of reseqrching, studying, learning. My request is simple, I want materials, and I want the cuve. I still want to try to create a combiner team out of nothing.”

“Yes! Because you know you would loose it!”

Thrift shakes his head.

“Not necessarily,” he says. “Experience makes one wise, ma’am, in my… uh… experience.”

“Not happening,” both ■■■■■■■■■■■■ and Topside happen to say in unison. The two captains whirl around to look at each other, and share yet another awkward moment.

“Yes!” Broadband quietly hisses to herself. “The running gag lives again!”

The medic chuckles, as if she didn’t quite take that notion seriously.

OOC: GTG

“But… Why?”

“The frak you brought me to?”

Meanwhile, Delta lost interest in trying to find Gronius for now.
As a result of her change of alt mode she lost most of her weapons, but gained a new one: a weird vulture-shaped thing with two big, yellow mandibles to match her colour scheme. She really never saw something like that before, so she decided to go find a weapon seller or expert, to find out about her new item and maybe buy a few more.

“Which just proves my point! I was on earth for 30 years! And the next 20 was spent traveling to, (OOC: wherever they started)!”

Gronius shrugged.
“And why does this mean that you can’t have an opinion?”

“I’m uninformed! How can i have a valid opinion, if I don’t have any knowledge of the subject?”

“You like singing?”

“O-oh um yes!” she stuttered, surprised by the change of subject.

“That’s an opinion.”

“Yes, but I have experience in singing! I don’t have experience almost anything else!” She argued.