Sharkboy and Lavagirl is back...for some reason...

For some ■■■■■■■ reason, in January, a sequel to the movie is coming to Netflix. Sharkboy and Lavagirl are adults and they have a kid now. Why? Who asked for this? Who approved this? How can we survive in a world where this movie is even on the table? 2021 is not looking good, guys.

4 Likes

I thought they were siblings or something…
This is bad.

2 Likes

No, because…oh god, Max is technically their dad because he brought them into being with his dreams. They are siblings. You somehow made this worse.

4 Likes

The original was pretty interesting. I’d like to see a modern remake of it. But a sequel? I never ‘imagined’ that.

Didn’t he also dream their actual parents, though?

1 Like

Biological parents and cosmological parents aren’t necessarily mutually-exclusive. Sharkboy can have a biological dad and a father-who-art-in-heaven-and-by-heaven-I-mean-George-Lopez’s-classroom.

1 Like

Why?!?

Dear Lord, take me now!

Good.

The original was a masterpiece. Can’t wait to see the sequel.

Is it just me or does sharkboy look like discount batman now?

1 Like

I think this GIF I found in the Emoji Movie Topic sums up my feelings about this:

1 Like

What, no this isn’t going to be terrible, the original was, uh, ok, so this will be better!

I think

/s

Shark boy and lava girl 2 MR. electric boogaloo

2 Likes

Why

We went through the entire year for this?

I thought it was cool as a kid, but this just makes it weird

1 Like

Lavagirl looks great, but sharkboy looks like discount batman with his helmet on

i would’ve rather had shark lava and boy girl

2 Likes

what would that even be?

1 Like

a girl who was raised by boys so she has boy powers, obviously.

6 Likes

Obviously

Who is going to watch a sequel to a 15 year old 3.7/10 movie?

1 Like

They might be banking on it being so bad it’s good and getting a meme fandom like The Room. This will inevitably fail if that is their plan, since you just can’t capture that same magic on purpose.

1 Like

“You’ll never gain meme status if you aim to make a meme” - Albert Einstein

4 Likes

I don’t think he said that.