Sokoda's weekly builds

as am I

Haha thank you!

Well, a while back Meso said we could write an appliction, which I did. And after some time I got accepted and joined.

6 Likes

[SWB 85] Reaper Leviathan

This weekly build was requested by @wild_toa!
All pieces used here exist in these colors.

Stud.io-file: [SWB 85] Reaper Leviathan

30 Likes

the design for the teeth is genius, and this looks really good.
great job @Sokoda!
one question though. is this buildable in real life? (with the same colors)

1 Like

I believe Sokoda tries to make his digital mocs with existing pieces/colors, yes.

1 Like

Itā€™s like Pridak if he went full-shark! Love the colour-scheme.

4 Likes

Just finished looking through this topic for the first time. Iā€™m very impressed. There are so many cool-looking MOCs in this thread. I especially appreciate the LU modular rockets and System-ified Bionicle characters.

I do have a request, though it may be a bit difficult to pull off because of the unusual shaping: a Dark Spiderling from LU. I know you get a lot of requests, so donā€™t feel pressured to do this one. Feel free to postpone it as long as you like, or just donā€™t do it at all if itā€™s too annoying to try and get right.

1 Like

Do you think you could build a minifigure-scale Vezon and Fenrakk?

2 Likes

Uhh a lot going on here:

Yes! As mentioned in the post all pieces exist in these colors. I didnā€™t test build it though, so the stability might be bad idk, the head build seems a bit fragile to me, but I think the rest is quite solid.

Not all of them. Normally I try, but sometimes I just think this doesnā€™t work without recolors, so I just use them. I normally mention it in the post when they donā€™t use recolors.

@Zebulan Thanks for the nice words, Iā€™m happy you like my topic. I also think the Spiderling is a great idea. If I remember they did release an official LDD file for a Spiderling model back when the game was around, so maybe I can find that and revamp it with more modern pieces. Canā€™t promise when it will be done though.

@TheCobaltCorsair I think that would be possible, but making minifigures always takes me a lot of time, until Iā€™m happy with them ( I worked on the one for [SWB 84] on and off for 17 weeks, that was just too much xD ) and Vezon would have to be one. So Iā€™ll put it on my list and I will see if I can get around to doing it.

Overall with requests: I have quite a lot of irl stuff going on right now, so Iā€™ll probably use models Iā€™ve already built for the next couple of weeks. So it might take quite a bit until I get around to the more recent requests.

5 Likes

They did, but uhā€¦

Yeah, itā€™s pretty far removed from the actual in-game model. It doesnā€™t even have the correct number of legs. But hereā€™s an archive of the page including working download links for the PDF and LXF anyway:

6 Likes

I understand. I just really want to see a Vezon minifigure :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

All of these models look really great!

This isnā€™t really a request, so do it if you want, but I feel like some sorta knights kingdom thing could be cool.

2 Likes

*facepalm how did I not see that!?
thanks sokoda, and sorry for the dumb question.

1 Like

@wild_toa no worries :grinning:

@Zebulan thanks for linking it, saves me some work and wow, I remembered it looking a lot better XD

@Nogus101 cool idea

5 Likes

[SWB 86] Mark-1 Mining Droid

All pieces used here exist in these colors. The one decal is custom

Stud.io-file: [SWB 86] Mark-1 Mining Droid

24 Likes

Hated these buggers! But a faithful rendition all the same!

2 Likes

Thank you! Yeah they are super annoying in the game, but I think that makes them iconic

3 Likes

[SWB 87] Toa Mata brick-built statuettes

This weekly build was requested quite a while ago by @TheWrong1sout . He asked me to build all the Toa Mata in the style of my Lewa statue form my ā€œShrine of windā€ Brickonicle set concept.
I think this style works a lot better with some of the Mata then others, but here they all are! I redesigned the original build a bit, to make it more stabile and imo better looking.

Stud.io-file: [SWB 87] Toa Mata brick-built statuettes

I also updated the original Lewa statue these are based on

Stud.io-file: [SWB 87.1] Toa Mata brick-built statuette Lewa

36 Likes

These are great. To your thought about the build working better on some more than others; I agree, but itā€™s mainly the masks.

2 Likes

The heads look way too blocky, but otherwise, they are pretty good.

1 Like