4 Likes

Wow that is phenominal

2 Likes

Yeah it’s the time commitment. But I really want to continue

Sadly I think it’s non-canon right now

4 Likes

[SWB 93] To the rescue

All pieces used in this build exist in these colors

While this model is an original build, it is based on one of my first digital builds ever. I reimagined it here as a micro-build version.

Old build (new render)

Stud.io-file: [SWB 93] To the rescue

PDF-instructions: [SWB 93] To the rescue

25 Likes

While moving some old pictures from one cloud storage to another, I found an image I had saved of someone’s LDD Dark Spiderling MOC from the LEGO.com gallery (or maybe Creation Lab, I’m not sure). It’s already pretty good, but if you’re still interested in making your own take on it, this should make for a great starting point.

4 Likes

sad boi hrs. :cry:

7 Likes

Why did you do this to me!

4 Likes

I already built one, but yours looks really good! I will probably upload mine in two weeks, then we can compare :smile:.

5 Likes

Just to be perfectly clear, I didn’t build that Dark Spiderling. I wish I knew who did, but I fear that info may be lost forever since I never bothered to write down the name of the MOCist when the original gallery listing was online. An online image search brought up nothing, unfortunately.

I do have a couple more pictures of the model, though:

I also found some LXF files from 2013 on my cloud storage titled “Dark Spiderling 2” and “Dark Spiderling 3” that I assume must be this model, though I don’t have LDD installed to check.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj3QiPw9uiwShtsjM_G7Zt4TNjLjRw?e=VUF7If

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj3QiPw9uiwShtsiz9nPLTqq81emSw?e=1Y3aoS

4 Likes

[SWB 94] Lion Legend Beast Revamp

This weekly build was requested by @HewksDKowlihad!
All pieces used in this build exist in these colors and all the printed/stickered pieces come in the original Lion Legend beast.

Stud.io-file: [SWB 94] Lion Legend Beast Revamp

22 Likes

this looks siiiick

1 Like

Wow, that looks great! A big improvement over the actual set!

1 Like

[SWB 95] Dark Spiderling

Todays weekly build was requested by @Zebulan. Here is my version of the Dark Spiderling. I tried to get the round shapes right by using some CCBS pieces.

Also waited a bit longer for the Upload today, because while it’s still sunday in my time zone, in some places in the world it’s already the day of LEGO UNIVERSEs 10th anniversary!

Stud.io-file: [SWB 95] Dark Spiderling

31 Likes

Hey Sokoda great work on these builds. You should build The Hollow Knight from Hollow Knight next.

The Hollow Knight

Wow that’s a cool moc Sokoda but what would be even cooler is if you build my thing

I like how slick the spider looks. I barely played LEGO Universe so my memory is very poor, but this design is phenominal. Excellent work!

4 Likes

I like how you were able to make the bottom eyes smaller.

I played LEGO universe for a while with my brothers. The only thing I remember from it was that Bob was really annoying and rude.
Bob_Spaceship

2 Likes

This Dark Spiderling MOC is amazing! It’s super realistic. I also appreciate the background :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Wow, you did an incredible job! Using the CCBS armor add-on for the abdomen works really well.

The way you did the eyes is great. I think it’s missing a few eyes compared to the in-game model and the existing recreation I posted earlier; however, the general shaping and sizing of the eyes is a lot better in your model.

I also like how you used the transparent-with-glitter parts for the weapons. That’s probably the best way to approximate the glowing, wispy look they have in-game. I see you’ve also made the right arm use flick-fire missiles, which, while not strictly game-accurate, adds a bit more play value to the model. If LEGO made a Dark Spiderling set, it would almost certainly have included the same feature.

2 Likes

@Toa_Good_Guy as I said before, don’t have a lot of slots left, so I probably won’t be building this one (at least not this year). I’ve also already seen a lot of Hollow Knight MOCs out there and I’m not sure I could do something new and unique with the build.

@Ghid Thank you!

@Atobe_Brick

Oh no not Bob! you probably read the april fools joke xD

@Daler99 Haha thanks

@Zebulan Yeah it’s missing like one eye and one isn’t visible in the render. And yeah I used the flick missiles, because I thought that’s probably what lego would do xD

6 Likes

Bobert looks alright to me!

11 Likes