Sovereign: New Age - Signups and OOC Discussion Topic (signups still open!)

For your character, yes …

… but you fell a solid 45 feet. It’d be enough to break your legs.

3 Likes

Yeah. A 45 foot drop can be survived but it is gonna do a really nasty number on you.

Rolling will, hopefully, reduce the damage but you’re probably still gonna be in a world of hurt from that landing.

Humans can survive a fall from 50 feet but they have to be really lucky and land on something soft and properly landing will still mean your legs are, most likely, very much broken. And the broken legs are a certainty if you land on something hard like pavement.

2 Likes

Luckily he is a tough big man

1 Like

Ghid is gonna have a lot of questions when he sees what just happened.

1 Like

yeah no crap

that was one of the most metagamey and over excessive character saves I have ever witnessed and right now I’m too demotivated from reading it all to respond

and all this right after my comments about writing better; y’all amazing

Sorry…for the record, I ran it by Winger before I even made the attempt. That is a very weak excuse, I know, but I do hope this does leave you thinking: how was that allowed?

If you wish to chat more about this, I have provided a means to do so. I promise, I will answer all your questions if asked there.

Wait what happened?

Callen threw Kanei…

1 Like

It leaves me thinking: how could it be executed so weakly?

So have I.

There’s no intense secrecy about writing well. If this dark secret of Callen’s is inhibiting you from writing your best, maybe it’s too much of a secret. Keep in mind every character has a dark secret - it’s a mandatory part of the signups - and there hasn’t been mention of any others so far, nor has it stopped people like ajtazt from essentially novelizing his character’s actions.

2 Likes

Yeah I know that.

The issue is that the sequence - and the entire combat encounter as a whole - was executed with very little description and with somewhat poor writing. Seeing as how RPs in this format are pretty much meant to place those things (description and good writing) in center stage, people are upset.

2 Likes

Who? Who is ajtazt?

Hereward.

3 Likes

sorry I have no idea, must’ve been something I ate

EDIT:

No, this isn’t me retroactively changing my character’s backstory in the middle of an RP. This is the GM retroactively changing my character’s backstory in the middle of an RP. Expect proper signups from Winger at some point for one or two of the new faces he drafted.
Also I’m definitely not using this as leverage to make Winger write up proper signups for his throwaway NPCs nope nuh uh definitely not

2 Likes

uhhhhhh yeah expect that to be coming out ASAP

3 Likes

What? No. Since when have I ever written like that? Never done such a thing in my decade long online forum and message boards roleplaying career!

But it’s also just how I tend to write. I can throw in plenty of examples of short replies, even ones with a single sentence. It’s just that I tend to write a bit slow and not as active as others. So part of my posts’ length is catchup, which tends to work in my more default summary writing style.

Hi hello, I am AZT of ajtazt, also known as TheLegoRoleplayer (TLR) and The Eidolon Actor in other realms.

5 Likes

Ok people, I’m gonna take a little bit and step back. This situation is difficult and more than a little bit my own fault, but I’m going to take some time to think it over before I deal with it.

7 Likes

take your time.

3 Likes

Sorry. I totally did not pay attention to your actual user name. Your epic profile picture distracted me.

3 Likes

Wow, you get busy with classes and come back to people talking about cat skins and writing.

Uh, I apologize for being totally absent for like, 2 days. I will be sure to inform you of my preoccupancy next time.

On the bright side, Bren got the door open. :slight_smile:

6 Likes