Sovereign: New Age - Signups and OOC Discussion Topic (signups still open!)

The issue is that the sequence - and the entire combat encounter as a whole - was executed with very little description and with somewhat poor writing. Seeing as how RPs in this format are pretty much meant to place those things (description and good writing) in center stage, people are upset.

2 Likes

Who? Who is ajtazt?

Hereward.

3 Likes

sorry I have no idea, must’ve been something I ate

EDIT:

No, this isn’t me retroactively changing my character’s backstory in the middle of an RP. This is the GM retroactively changing my character’s backstory in the middle of an RP. Expect proper signups from Winger at some point for one or two of the new faces he drafted.
Also I’m definitely not using this as leverage to make Winger write up proper signups for his throwaway NPCs nope nuh uh definitely not

2 Likes

uhhhhhh yeah expect that to be coming out ASAP

3 Likes

What? No. Since when have I ever written like that? Never done such a thing in my decade long online forum and message boards roleplaying career!

But it’s also just how I tend to write. I can throw in plenty of examples of short replies, even ones with a single sentence. It’s just that I tend to write a bit slow and not as active as others. So part of my posts’ length is catchup, which tends to work in my more default summary writing style.

Hi hello, I am AZT of ajtazt, also known as TheLegoRoleplayer (TLR) and The Eidolon Actor in other realms.

5 Likes

Ok people, I’m gonna take a little bit and step back. This situation is difficult and more than a little bit my own fault, but I’m going to take some time to think it over before I deal with it.

7 Likes

take your time.

3 Likes

Sorry. I totally did not pay attention to your actual user name. Your epic profile picture distracted me.

3 Likes

Wow, you get busy with classes and come back to people talking about cat skins and writing.

Uh, I apologize for being totally absent for like, 2 days. I will be sure to inform you of my preoccupancy next time.

On the bright side, Bren got the door open. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Also partly why I respond slowly, I like to wait and give everyone a chance to have a turn.

Welcome back. I honestly wasn’t sure if you were just busy or didn’t reply since there wasn’t anything specifically directed towards your character.

4 Likes

No, just busy, sadly.

I do really enjoy seeing everyone else’s characters interact, though.

I’ll play my part when I can.

6 Likes

so glad we finished round 1 of goretal kombat

4 Likes

that doesn’t count as an award does it?

3 Likes

no but I’ll give you one if it makes you feel better

4 Likes

thank you this means a lot to me. I’d like to thank my dog macy-

2 Likes

OK, so obviously, there isn’t any way to force people to make more in-depth descriptions of their actions, or to “write better”, and even if there were I am doubtful I, as the GM, would do so. And honestly, not everyone has the investment or time to do that.

That said, at risk of sounding narcissistic and complaining, this is my RPG, which I’ve been working on for a solid 2-3 months, planning out characters, secrets, boss fights, and what I think is an interesting storyline/premise. As such, it would be greatly appreciated if people made posts more detailed.

This obviously comes with a couple nuances.

Firstly, especially in combat, it’s hard to write a flowey description of an action when you depend on a back-and-forth with the GM to determine the outcome of an action or actions: “Jim is going to try to do XYZ”. Without knowing what the effects or success or failure for that action are, it’s difficult to write very interesting descriptions.

Then there is the issue of not wanting to write out a character’s thoughts, because realistically, depending on the character, they may be so consumed by something integral to their Dark Secret, that it’s what all their thoughts revolve around.

Right now, no decisive action regarding the issue and frustrations of players is going to be taken. Especially because it’s still really early on (the first combat); I’m still getting into my stride; and no one really knew this would be a problem.

However, if this becomes an issue in the future in that it a) detracts from the quality of the story or b) detracts from the enjoyment of the other players, there may be more decisive actions taken.

For now, I’d request that you all take this seriously - it’s a story and world I’ve been working on for quite a while.

4 Likes

is the gore callen shot down dead?

1 Like

Yeah.

3 Likes

so Kanei can decapitate it? or would that count as an autohit even though it’s dead?