[STAFF ARCHIVE] ToxicMocs v Varderan: Dawn of Justice (A Story Told in Gifs)

Oh my.

yes.

1 Like

I understand that, it’s incredibly disrespectful and should not be tolerated

but that does not mean you have to stoop to their level

3 Likes

I don’t exactly remember us making leaks in an attempt to confuse each other, and then making dupe accounts after lying to everyone…

2 Likes

I never said that

I’m just saying creating a topic that’s purpose is to make fun of him on is very unnecessary

7 Likes

I’m going to step back and analyze this whole situation. This is objective analysis, and if I offend someone, I apologize in advance.

First off, people are saying it’s a bit much to ban ToxicMocs for something many others had done: make a fake leak. But it’s not that. It’s that ToxicMocs was lying about it to Var, treating Var like a bully, and even called Var a jerk. I would’ve banned him just for that,

Secondly, there’s this topic. I see Kahi’s intention, Chronicling an interesting event from a topic, but I feel this was the wrong way to go about it. Because this is the first topic like this, it’s going to seem like making fun of people whether you are or not. It’s not just quoting what he said, it’s parodying him with AA gifs, too.

If these types of topics were an established thing, I’m sure it wouldn’t be so big of a deal. It’s simply that it’s unprecedented, and seems like you’re doing this thing you never ever do for the sole purpose of singling out one member to poke at and make fun of. It doesn’t matter if you are or not, people are going to think that. As you can see from this topic.

Tl;dr: TTV did nothing wrong here. Kahi just had really poor timing. And Toxic is kinda a jerk.

18 Likes

The thing that really got me is that he literally tried to make Var look like he was in the wrong for lying to him.

Seriously.

If you try to call us out on our site publically, we will call you out back, also publically. You shouldn’t try lie to us and then try and make us look bad on top of that.

Sorry guys, but when you try to do things publically, we have to respond pubically. The moment it’s in the eye of the public, we start playing a very different game here. I’ve tried to make light of the situation because I legitimately find it hilarious - hilariously stupid. Lying to someone and trying to villainize them on the site they run should not ever be something a smart person does.

14 Likes

This is a straw man argument. You’re not actually disputing any of our claims or explaining why we’re wrong, you’re just throwing out this term that’s suppose to have some moral meaning behind it but in reality doesn’t mean anything.

You’re sympathizing with someone who was actively trying to harm the members of our boards. Through it all you’re somehow making this claim that we are in some way doing the same?

That’s not whats happening. He did something very dumb, and now it’s public knowledge.

It’s a lesson. Don’t do what he did. No one is “stooping to his level.”

7 Likes

The banning is justified for his attitude towards Var, but the staff then taking a similar level to him via creating a topic designed to make fun of him publicly doesn’t seem like a good way to deal with it. Not simply reposting his comments, but making them into a topic designed so members can laugh at his attempt to fool people, seems like its overboard.

Its no longer just calling him out publicly, its making TTV look bad because they now have a topic designed so members can laugh at another member. Other members in the past never received this treatment and to be fair you’ve had much worse members in the past who were banned instantly for insulting staff.

You’ve just admitted you are doing the same thing he did, calling someone out publicly and villainizing them - the only aspect you guys haven’t done is lied about it.

Its just giving a negative impression when you lower yourselves to his level, and I know you guys are normally better than this which is why I brought it up seriously earlier only to be ignored. I don’t know what is going on and i’m hoping the whole thing is some joke like the Eljay takeover as it all seems terribly out of character for you all.

8 Likes

Again,

You are supposed to be playing the “big brother”, being mature enough for new members to look up to you and understand and follow the rules. I do agree with you that what toxic did is wrong, but you returning the favor makes you, your website and your members look bad. I feel bad for the new members coming here to suffer, from power hungry high-ranked members taking dignity from them. Then again it is your website not ours, so why should we care…

-TMM

6 Likes

I, for one, like this post.
It’s a smart and funny way to chronicle the history of the site. Just like not letting anyone reply to the Ehyre topic but still keeping it there: this is a big moment that changes the culture of the site forever. Maybe.

1 Like

Yep.

Literally made the argument against yourself in one sentence.

This topic isn’t here just because someone did something wrong. This isn’t even because some guy made a leak to try and troll people. This is because a member lied about something and then, when we tried and called him out, tried villainizing us because we said he was lying.

So yes, when you say the only aspect we haven’t done is lie about it, you’re completely right - because that’s the entire point of this topic.

The moral is, don’t lie, kids! And if you do lie, don’t try and publicly shame people who can prove that you’re lying! And especially don’t try and shame people who’s job is literally to be funny about situations on the internet, and who run the site you’re posting this on in the first place.

This is a lesson for you. If you do something stupid to villainize us, yes, we will talk about it! And if we don’t do it on the boards, we will do it on the podcast! Or we will do it on TTV Talks, or on the aftershow. We are, and always have been, very public with making light of ourselves and our lives and the things that frustrate us, and this has never been a new thing. This is the punishment you get from lying and trying to shame very public people who do this kind of thing for a living. It’s not smart.

Private matters, we keep private. That’s a deal. But the moment he did it in public, it was literal lies and slander. We can’t let that kind of stuff stick around. We had to publicly address it. Check out all of the times we’ve done it in the past.

11 Likes

Let me get this straight, he was lying, you called him out, he said he wasn’t lying, said it was a joke, then said he did it, you guys got mad, made a topic and post it again like no one saw it already, now were talking about it. @Kahi @IllustriousVar don’t you see anything, I mean anything wrong with this. Not only did people see this already you make it public again to make him look bad, make a new rule and by those grounds to instantly ban him. His dupe account was against the rules, but come one guys.

-TMM

2 Likes

You have a lot of ideas of how this site is supposed to be run that I don’t remember ever saying when I made this site.

I feel bad about my friend being lied to and shamed. Guess we have to just feel bad all around.

1 Like

Taking power from the people,(when did they ever) and letting leaders make absurd rules. Good thing @MT_Zehvor isn’t this bad.

When did this happen?

Again, he wasn’t banned for making a fake leak. He was banned for calling Var a jerk, among other things.

On the one hand: your site, your rules.

On the other hand, how do you expect people to know to follow the rules if you don’t?

Reminds me of the time I almost got in trouble for having my phone at school. I assumed it was fine because literally everyone else in my class kept their phones. I didn’t know that it was against the rules.

3 Likes

I literally see nothing wrong with this at all.

3 Likes

Actually, he was banned for making the leak, and villainizing Var.

When @IllustriousVar made the rule out of nowhere.

I don’t blame you, it’s your website…or @Kahi’s.

-TMM

Because if you don’t you get banned :smiley:

All rules must come from somewhere. We don’t have the precognition to know when we’re going to need rules before they happen.