Star Wars Anthology Films (Minor Rogue One Spoilers)

Most of the spoiler PMs don’t get THAT large.

2 Likes

So how long are we to wait before discussing spoilers publicly? A week? two weeks? Those sound fair if you ask me.

By the way, George Lucas himself saw the completed theatrical version of the film a few days ago, called up Gareth Edwards (the director) and had a half-hour long conversation with him, giving the film his glowing seal of approval. That’s a good sign in my book!

3 Likes

How about a Discord chat?

4 Likes

Or we could just use spoiler tags like normal.

1 Like

That becomes really tedious. Plus, if we had a Discord chat we could divide into different channels/lobbies in order to talk about different aspects of the movie.

2 Likes

A discord chat seems best.

4 Likes

That depends on how much faith one puts in George Lucas these days! :stuck_out_tongue:

Honestly, though, from what I’ve read so far, Rogue One seems to be getting tons of praise (aside from a few poor reviews from the snooty places, but they never give any mass-media movie a chance anyway). It looks like Star Wars is back where it should be–on top!

4 Likes

That could be a great thing, or a pretty mediocre thing. At least fhe effects will be good. :slight_smile:

Two weeks should be fair; one month at the longest.

1 Like

Probably will watch Rogue One either tonight or tomorrow. I think I’ll write a review for it afterwards.

2 Likes

So I stumbled across the end by accident on Wookieepedia. I won’t spoil it. All I have to say is “Holy ■■■■ Disney!”

I had planned to write fairly in depth review for Rogue One and post it here. I’ve decided against that.

Rogue One is the best written ST movie out of the entire franchise. Go watch it. If you haven’t at least seen the original trilogy, then watch those movies before watching this. I think one will reap the most enjoyment from Rogue One by going in as blind as possible.

Now there are a few problems, but most are nitpicks. There are exactly two things that bothered me. One was the speed at which they were introducing the story lines to set up the movie. This section was a bit jarring, but it was short lived and actually ended up not shoving too much information at once. As for the other… just go watch the movie.

Overall it’s fantastic and deserves your money. So go.

5 Likes

Rogue One was an amazing movie

anyone who says disney can’t do dark star wars just got slapped in the face by this movie

5 Likes

Went and watched Rogue One last night, and I’m still processing it, but I know one thing. I loved this movie, and I think it might be my favorite, but I haven’t decided whether or not it’s better or not than the Empire Strikes Back. On top of that, I can’t believe this very spoilery thing happened. I totally called that Halo: Reach ending.

4 Likes

Seeing these reviews by you guys makes me really hyped to watch this film.

Also, are you serious? Is the writing better than The Empire Strikes Back?

Is this the Empire Strikes Back of Star Wars? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Well someone saw the Honest Trailer for ESB. :joy:

4 Likes

As far as I’m concerned, yes.

2 Likes

Oh man.

I seriously cannot wait then. How’s the acting? Is Jyn Erso three dimensional and realistic?

1 Like

Watch the movie, Cronk. Then we’ll talk.

4 Likes

I’ll be seeing it next week.

the hype is real.

1 Like

I saw a certain film last night, and Rogue One made me happy. For most of the movie I was smiling.

I tried my best to know nothing about this film, refusing to watch trailers, and running away from the ones that have been thrown in my face. I knew the basic premise, that Vader would be there somewhere, and what a few things looked like, other then that, nothing.

I don’t really know if that was why I enjoyed it so much, but it just made me happy…

5 Likes