Star Wars: Stranded on Zoma V

Wannabe stayed closed behind her, his eyes scanning the walls as they proceeded. If it was this difficult for this party to proceed, it was likely no droid army forces could have gotten here first. However, one can’t always be too careful.

He brought his left arm into vision for a moment. Tweezer arm. That was what he thought had been applied before the crash, and his optics did not attempt to lie to him.

2 Likes

The occasional spark of electricity arched along the walls, briefly illuminating the shaft.

Tesz and the others soon came across the broken elevator, and the Jedi began cutting out a circle with her blade. “This should onl-” She coughed, “only be a second.” @Brickbot99 @TheCobaltCorsair

Duke rifled around the armory, picking up a bandolier of grenades and a DC-17, tossing the blaster to Rook. “Hey big guy, catch.” @N01InParticular

5 Likes

“That cough sounds bad, don’t go exerting yourself to much Kid.”
Quips stepped back, turned towards Bravebird and Wannabe, the two currently being illuminated by the faint green glow of the lightsaber, and gestured for them to join him.
“The Kid keeps hacking up pretty bad. Doc, how bad is her condition overall?” Quips inquired in a hushed tone.

2 Likes

“I’ll have time to rest later.” Tesz said through gritted teeth, concentrating on connecting the circle she was cutting in the elevator.

2 Likes

“Commander Tesz Nel’Sha has not received a thorough diagnosis.” Wannabe said at normal volume, not understanding that this was supposed to be kept below earshot. “I will perform a complete analysis once we have ascertained the condition and location of General Viego Norr.”

2 Likes

Tesz seemed oblivious to the conversation as she finished her work.

“There.” She said in a satisfied tone as she pulled her lightsaber out of the elevator’s smoldering ceiling. The cut was sloppy and jagged, but the outline promised a hole large enough to fit through once the inside was removed.

She threw her shoulder into the cut out portion, though it didn’t seem to budge much.

2 Likes

“I would not consider that wise.” Wannabe gestured with his arm to cease this action, then turned his eyes to the clones. “We have resources for the execution of blunt labor.”

3 Likes

The clone rummaged around the armory a bit more before answering Legacy’s question. “It’s Rook.” He answered prior to picking up a thermal detonator and setting it back down, he tended to avoid these things as they weren’t exactly the best for stealth missions.

He discovered that he left his blaster where he’d awoken, probably a byproduct of him getting distracted by Shelia, either way he was quite glad that the captain had realized he was without a firearm.

4 Likes

“Great, a quiet one. That’ll do”

Boomstick had arrived. Conveniently, it seemed, in his favorite room. “Looks like I found you at a good time!” He said, for once actually meaning the enthusiasm he put into his words.

“Say, could you pass me a few of those thermal detonators? Seems like I lost mine when the whole place went boom-boom.”

(@TheMOCingbird @N01InParticular @wild_toa)

1 Like

“Just as I was complimenting a Runner for being halfway decent, another one has to come in and ruin it.”

“Try not to blow the ship up a second time, either with the explosives or with your excitement.”

“Oh, right.” She said, stepping to the side and motioning for the others to do the task.

Duke rolled his eyes. It was hard to keep track of a whole battalion of clones, but this one, this one he remembered. The loud, tactless one obsessed with explosives.

“Surprised to see you here Boomstick,” Duke said while attaching the bandoleer around his chest. “I figured you would’ve run straight in to the explosion, seeing how you love em’ so much.”

The captain shook his head as he tossed him some thermal detonators. “Don’t make me regret handing you those.” He added pointedly, with an accusatory finger aimed at Boomstick.

“Alright, enough rummaging around. We head to the rendezvous ASAP.” And we’d better not have to wait there.

4 Likes

“I can only promise that if any regretting is done, it’ll be on my end.” A lie. If he was to regret it, he wouldn’t do it.

3 Likes

Saddle has presumably at this point rescued his quarry and returned to the ship’s bow with him in tow.

“Saddle reporting,” he announces, saluting the ranking officers present.

5 Likes

Saddle and Graphite would only find Buoy at the ship’s bow, gazing out at something off on the tree tops.

OOC sorry it took so long for Graphite to actually get unstuck @Winger

3 Likes

Buoy was looking up, trying to catch a better view of where these shadows were coming from. He almost opens coms when Saddle and Graphite arrive. Flinches, but only a little, and turns to face the newcomers, standing at attention when seeing Saddle.

“Sir! Glad to see you made it. The Captain and others have yet to arrive, but we might have problems.” Buoy says, looking back towards where he saw the shadows.

“A couple vultures could be here soon.”

@Winger

4 Likes

Upon being freed, Graphite stood with a cough.

“Gh … Thank you … s-” His voice was shaky and hoarse, distracted, like-

Graphite bent over, ripping off his helmet, and spat out a splatter of blackened phlegm and saliva. Clone helmets had filters, but buried under three feet of rubble could be considered an extenuating circumstance. He stood again, wiping his mouth with a self-disgusted sneer.

“Augh. Thank you, sir." The clone’s rank had never been quite clear to Graphite, but he felt it would definitely be disrespectful to call him by his name … if he could even remember it. He turned away from Saddle and spat out another glob of the sickeningly colored saliva, and then re-donned his helmet. He was shaking with adrenaline now, and it showed in his voice.

He took a few slightly unstable steps in the direction he thought was the hangar, and then paused to survey the debris of the medical gear that he had been trapped under. He knelt to collect some of it into a larger backpack, and then followed Saddle to the rendezvous. On the way, he would pause to collect weaponry from two corpses of his fallen brothers.

Graphite looked out at the jungle, scanning the treetops for the advancing droids that Buoy spoke of. “We should notify the Captain, though it might be wise to take cover. If the Separatists find out there are survivors, this place and the jungle will be crawling with droids in minutes … if it isn’t already.”

5 Likes

Stepping back some feet, Quips sprinted towards the elevator, colliding with the cut out chunk of roof, and while it budged a fair bit more then when Tesz attempted to push it out, it still refused to give in. Perhaps a beam from the inside of the elevator came loose and was keeping it in place. Looking around under the faint glow of the elevator, Quips saw a large, metal beam. He attempted to lift it up, but to no avail.
“Hey Bravebird, a little help here?” @TheCobaltCorsair

1 Like

Bravebird nodded, then grasped the metal beam.

OOC: Yeah, that was an incredibly short RP post, but there wasn’t really much else that I could do for this one…

2 Likes

The two clones, metal beam in hand, took some steps back, then charged at their target, forcing the chunk of roof to bend up, but it still wasn’t enough. They repeated the process, forcing the roof up even more. With one final ram, they forced the janky metal circle into the elevator, providing the group with their entrance.

1 Like