Star Wars: The Black Series Photography

“Bo-Katan was staring in wonder. You might be surprised that she wasn’t staring at the Ung-Hur boat behind her – the horse-like aliens had made these boats out of one of the massive trees of the planet of Tandril, and through some means she didn’t quite understand, the boats were able to sail across the sea of sand as if it were water. The Ung-Hur boat was a fascinating sight indeed, yet here she was staring in wonder away from it. You have to wonder what could be even more amazing…”

1 Like

How dare you

We have a bridge

2 Likes

unfortunately-for-you-history-will-not-see-it-that-way

3 Likes

One massive bridge vs a ton of actual land connection…

Funny how that works, do we just need to build two bridges to own it or something?

1 Like

Honestly can we commit to that metric of land ownership

Seriously though, the UP is a lovely place and @TheCobaltCorsair has really captured the beauty of it in their photography. Great angles, great poses, great lighting, great scene selection.

In other news, some Michiganders genuinely believe Toledo is supposed to be part of our state

3 Likes

three michiganders on the boards confirmed

update me when thrawn has taken over canada

4 Likes

I have no idea why I kept forgetting to post this picture…

Or this one…

Or this one…

Okay, this one is fairly recent, so I didn’t forget about it…

It’s too bad Vader’s cape is so large and heavy. Otherwise, it probably would’ve been blowing in the wind, which would’ve looked really cool.

This one wasn’t really meant as a serious photo. Rather, it was a comparison between my 1995 Kenner Boba Fett action figure and the 2021 Black Series figure. All things considered, the 1995 figure is actually pretty good (just so you know, I have a second 1995 Boba Fett that’s still in the original packaging).

5 Likes

“Don’t contract me or my son ever again”

These look great as always

8 Likes

Looks great!

2 Likes

I went to my local creek earlier this morning to take some new photos. Unfortunately, one of the pictures just didn’t turn out very well, but at least the other three turned out.

I bought this Flame Trooper at the same time as Paz Vizsla, though I never got around to taking a proper picture of him until just now.

Will I ever get tired of taking pictures of Boba Fett? Probably not…

And, finally, Moff Gh-- I mean, Moff Gideon.

7 Likes

3 Likes

I knew that the one time I didn’t check if Walmart restocked the Black Series figure would be when they actually did it. However, since my electricity is out, I had to go back this morning, so I actually checked the toy isle this time.

Yep, I was right. They restocked.

Here’s the figure I decided to buy:

Hmm, I don’t think that pose is right. What pose could possibly reflect the power and skill of the mighty Inquisitors? Let’s see…

Yep… that looks about right…

3 Likes

More photography!

Luke, sitting by a lake, contemplating… I don’t know, maybe he’s thinking about how in both Canon and Legends, Han and Leia’s son turns into some sort of Dark Side nutjob?

The life of a traitor is a dangerous life indeed… and usually a short one…

Long live the Empire

[INSERT WITTY TAGLINE HERE]

7 Likes

now would you luke at that

4 Likes

That joke has put a Wedge in our friendship…

I hate myself for typing that…

4 Likes

ooh these pictures look pretty cool. I especially like the backgrounds you picked

MORE PHOTOGRAPHY!

I’m really satisfied with how this one turned out. And, by the way, aside from reducing the size of the photos to make them easier to post, I actually don’t edit them in any way.

Nothing groundbreaking here. Just a photo of a normal Imperial Trooper that is in no way a former Imperial sharpshooter…

6 Likes

Looking good!

2 Likes

You’re right that forge scene turned out great

3 Likes

In case anyone was wondering, the first picture was taken inside my fireplace with a red flashlight to provide the glow of a forge, and the piece of metal she’s working with is just a random washer that I found in a bin with a bunch of screws.

5 Likes