Star Wars Topic

Who? I don’t know that name.

1 Like

Nicholas Britell’s score for Andor is really carrying a lot of the emotional narrative here and I’m loving it

2 Likes

He was the droid mechanic who “wiped” C-3PO’s memory in Episode IX. But he didn’t have a lot of screentime, so I can’t say I blame you for forgetting him.

I know right? I’ve only seen the first episode but it’s been a genuinely good experience.

I may have to actually check it out. With 90% of their star wars being Meh at best good to hear Disney did something right.

Caught up with Andor last few days.

As someone who dropped both Boba Fett and Kenobi, I wasn’t really hyped, but I decided to give it a try. Somehow, it works pretty dang well.

The atmosphere is more mature than the main franchise films without being too edgy. I especially love what they’ve done with the Empire and the politics surrounding it. The only issue I have so far is that there are enough POVs that keeping track can be tricky but it’s not awful.

7 Likes

I have no qualms with Rosario Dawson’s performance but it was nice to have Ashley Eckstein back as Ahsoka in Tales of the Jedi

6 Likes

I can’t wait for Mando to be back! And to see Mandalorian vs. Mandalore!

5 Likes

I can’t wait for Reven to come back and return Mandalorians to the stone age.

5 Likes

Revan when he realizes the Mandalorians are still active in Republic Geopolitics 1000 years later

4 Likes

Revan faces off with Mando, but gets killed by Grogu, who chokes him to death.

3 Likes

Man, come to think of it the latest season of Mando would have Revan rolling in his grave! You could hook a generator up to it and power the death star!

5 Likes

Suddenly I’m imagining someone from Knights of the Old Republic saying that during a cutscene…

2 Likes

I’ve had the biggest smile on my face watching Ahsoka so far, I’m loving it!

3 Likes

Right now, my biggest problem with it is how dull most of the characters have been. Not one of them has brought energy. It feels like I’m watching a bunch of people with depression. I do think the choreography has gotten a bit better, although not even close to its former glory. They do get a small pass though since it’s just a show, and not a full on movie.

2 Likes

I haven’t watched it yet, but that seems to be the case. I have no clue if it’s the fault of the writers, or just actors who aren’t particularly good at getting in character.

2 Likes

It’s really great, right? Zeb is such a fun character, I loved the Din Djarin cameo in episode 4, and it’s nice to see Jedi Luke in action. Not sure how I feel about Thrawn having a Beskar spear, but it’s a neat concept.

It’s possible I haven’t actually watched it.

5 Likes

Kinda weird how much of it you got right though

4 Likes

Well darn, I was hoping to be wrong.

Maybe I will watch it then.

4 Likes

I hate grogu so i’m glad he isn’t in ashoka

3 Likes