Tales of Glory and Valour: the Seafarers Fantasy RP sign-up

This was actually somewhat interesting to read. I like how extremely convoluted the reasoning is for why some characters ended up in place of others, but other than that, this is more or less believable. Good job :eye_in_speech_bubble: :eye_in_speech_bubble:

I must say, Karl having the role of Alexis in this is a neat concept

I’m not really sure whose role Nico is supposed to take on, but by process of elimination I’m guessing that probably Jade (?)

Rook Alexis is such a metal concept, and I can’t get the mental image of it out of my head

Okay, that’s so broken though. By default Ari has superhuman strength that might be comparable to the strength of Dolphus’s wing in proper circumstances (stuff like big amounts of adrenaline and determination to make Dolphus into fine paste once she finds out what his family name is :smirk:), so giving her a wing that greatly exceeds that strength would be so overpowered. Especially considering that, due to her nature, she wouldn’t try to hide it and absolutely would not hesitate to use it when needed

The Book of Cordax and his evil army of clones fighting against the mercenary Ghid (also known as Dental Derp) and Renner, Ghid’s loyal Dreamer with a fake Russian accent and an obsession with his Ushanka hat when?

Why is this so accurate

8 Likes

you know what comes next

although… did you read the other what if scenarios I concocted?

Yeah, it’s Jade, whose backstory is very nondescript and leaves a lot up to interpretation. Here, Nico is embracing Jade’s on-the-streets lifestyle to live it up rather than turning to murder.

Now try having Nico Dolphus making efforts to connect with Rook Alexis :smirk:

the longer you are prevented from participating in the rp the more rage builds inside me :rage: :dizzy_face: you have no idea how much I want this exact scenario to occur :goo:

That’s part of why I went that route - with anyone else the wing would be reason for big sad, but she’s the only party member who would actively point it out. Makes me worried for when Dolphus’ wing inevitably gets revealed

maybe as soon as you get that next theorizing out, mister :angry: :sushi: :suspension_railway: :ocean: :snake:

don’t blame me I didn’t make all the characters (I have many alt accounts and am responsible for both the activity and the stalling in this rp [mods this is a joke])

3 Likes

my favorite part was when mr. togav said “it’s togaving time” and togaved all over the place

5 Likes

Not anymore :pensive: :pensive: :pensive:

N01 do the thing I beg you

9 Likes

We must find the one responsible for this delay. If he is not stopped, a great tragedy may not be prevented.

2 Likes

new alternate timeline where the backstories get swapped, but to the least likely combinations which ends up screwing up the backstories based on the characters involved :smirk: (I love making things worse)

Mako would be lost at sea at a young age and get picked up by local fishermen, heading to the Summer Isles and subsequently living a life on the streets. His anger would get the best of him, though, and most of his living on the run was from the authorities. Eventually, however, he bit off more than he could chew, and was sentenced to prison for a string of violent murders.

Jade would become extremely proficient with subtlety, sneaking, and combat, hiring herself out as a hitman later in her life. The underage assassin would prove so capable that she was hired by the Sunblessed under the Hearthtemple, but upon learning of their existence she utterly threw them over, prompting them to have her assassinated in turn lest the secrets of their order spread.

Rook’s capture at the hands of the North proved far shorter than he had originally anticipated, as during a riot his buddy Tharos magic-portal’d himself inside and scooped him out! With newfound freedom and a friend at his side, Rook decided the North had to be dealt with, and so joined the Armada in the hopes he could get to a position of influence where the tables could be turned. His adversary had hardly forgotten him, however, and he was selected for an experimental procedure, which gave him amnesia and impressive fire magic. Losing his memory drove him to the brink, however, and his rampage against the North began and ended as a one-man conquest of their forces, which while impressive, eventually fell due to their sheer numbers.

Dolphus ran from home in sadness at the death of his mother, and in his flight happened a certain priest of the Hearthtemple named Tharos in the middle of using his powers. One green flash later, and the little boy was lost in the middle of a massive prison, and locked away in its cells. He grew and grew, becoming hardened by the difficult life, and his cold outlook turned into a cruelty incomparable. His attempt at an uprising at 14 left him missing his hands, and with two steel blades in their place, he lashed out at everyone around him. What might have failed to break Rook successfully broke Dolphus, and he pined away within a month.

Karl was contacted by Gregor Gorov to investigate the disappearance of one Dolphus Gorov, in the hopes that some trace could be found of his heir. After a decade of searching, some hope was potentially found; a rumor of a similar-looking prisoner encamped somewhere in Legion territory. As Karl was given his commission to rescue him, Gregor met his fiery end, and Karl lost his arm - awaking to find it had been replaced with a feathered limb. Without giving it the time to fully integrate, he viciously amputated it, unknowingly causing himself to bleed to death.

Nico spent most of his life on the streets, taken in at an early age by the Wohlford family, who had mysteriously lost their own daughter. They would eventually die from various means, leaving him in charge of their business, which he absolutely didn’t care for. But swindling people, that was more up his alley - full, polished repairs with full payment, only with the worst materials and the cheapest craftsmanship. Sometimes paying a pinch more for weaker materials meant less work for him, but eventually he was forced to flee half the Summer Isles thanks to his wiles, escaping on a boat which, halfway out to sea, he realized he didn’t really know how to patch. Needless to say, he also wasn’t very good at swimming.

Alexis began her military training right after gruesomely defending herself from a vicious attack by one of her superiors, and it fractured her psyche, compelling her to grow distant from her actions and accustomed to murder as well. With the deaths of several of her superiors later leveraged against her, her heart eventually overcame her broken mind and she relented, surrendering herself and being incarcerated for her violent acts.

Ari lost her parents far sooner, having been separated during a storm at sea, and wound up on an island to the south of the Isles. Easily getting accustomed to the fishing life, she was viciously attacked during early adulthood by a shark, and a jellyfish severely mangled her afterwards, leaving her with visceral scars and stinging pain. Suffering through the recovery, she overheard the village leaders conspiring with one another, and the next day she showed off their mangled corpses to the rest of the village - who reacted in utter repulsion, of course, and after a vile argument with Ari, decided to kill her for the crime, which she retaliated to by butchering the whole island. Alone and swarmed with guilt, she remains on that island to this day, surviving by fishing and the occasional trader, left with the weight of what she did.

Tales of Honey and I: The ShrunkTheKidsfarers RP

3 Likes

Very interesting

1 Like

I can’t tell if winter posted because he feels sorry for me going insane or if he’s the one going insane from me posting these cringe what ifs :pensive: :disappointed: :yellow_circle: :skull: :headstone:

every day with no @N01InParticular is a sad day

3 Likes

Hear me out here, winter posted because he has ideas he wants to see played out.

3 Likes

no absolutely impossible :triumph:

Buddy, you are a seven foot crab talking to a kid with a wing for an arm after you ripped him out of the digestive tract of a giant squid, this question is the most normal thing here

2 Likes

I posted

2 Likes

Thingy happening soon

5 Likes

Did Mako just remove the sail? By himself. In a wind storm?

3 Likes

And is now dragging the rope through the cabin deck, which is a dead end?

3 Likes

Ok, so granted, technically terminology used was wrong, the goal is not to stow the sails, but to lower them. I’ll take full responsibility for the miscommunication.

3 Likes

Sorry. Want me to change it?

2 Likes

You don’t need to apologize man, just wanted some clarification on what was happening there.

With this new information, would you like to change it?

3 Likes

Yes. He did haul it. But I would assume that wouldn’t make any sense, so I should change it, right?.

2 Likes

If you wanna change it go right ahead.

3 Likes

I’m good. Oh hey 1000th post

2 Likes