The Boards How-To Topic

Ok, cool, I’ll store that info in the back off my brain then, since I rarely use the ask category anyway.

How do you do a strikethrough

Is there a word/character count for topics?

I wonder what this could be in relation to

Any post, pm, topic, etc. has a specific limit. I think it might be 2000 characters, but the site will tell you if it’s too large.

1 Like

… oh

Actually, the limit is 32000 characters

Source

(Scorpion erroneously says it’s 32000 words, but I checked and it’s characters)

5 Likes

so I was off by 30K big deal

7 Likes

Unfortunately it is far too late to go back and correct the error in that particular topic now…

1 Like

If you’re referring to changing the wording from words to characters, I can probably edit it, but only if you really want me to

2 Likes

Eh, it’s not all that big a deal

1 Like

How do you find the advanced interactive tutorial to become a fully licensed member?

1 Like

@discobot

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: We are what we do… Not what we did. Now if we continue doing what we used to do, we can’t be upset that we are still what we were, simply because were still doing what we did! — Damon Lofton

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

there ya go

1 Like

and where is the @ command prompt for that. Do i send a private message to discobot?

just type

@discobot start advanced tutorial

You can do it right here, and it’ll automatically send you a message. (I modified mine in a quote so it doesn’t actually start the tutorial for me)

@discobot start {advanced-interactive-tutorial}

Copy and paste this:

@discobot start advanced tutorial