The First: MOC Contest Results (BIONICLE Canon Contest #1)

I get you are upset so I’m not going to continue discussing.

4 Likes

Well, none of my favorites made it into the final poll anyways

4 Likes

Yes, you put it way better than I did (well of course you are the original creator).
I think this would work perfectly.

The problem with the argument that “The creator of the Hoseryx said it’s not a joke entry so it’s not one!” is of course the creator of the moc isn’t gonna admit it’s a joke/meme entry, especially once it got as far as it did. Because admitting it’s a joke would essentially ruin it.

I’m ultimately not against joke entries, cause they’re good fun as we’ve seen from all the memes that spawned from it, but to say it wasn’t one feels disingenuous.

15 Likes

That’s a valid concern. Although I feel that if the creator states it is not a joke, it should not be treated as one. However, what you say makes sense, as an author could make a joke but lie and say it is not.
It is murky territory, and one that can be oftentimes hard to distinguish. Had Bendryx been disqualified early on it likely would have been a non issue, but it was that she was allowed that it would have been an issue, as that would both retroactively go against what was decided earlier and could be seen as unfair to entries that lost to it before.

Friendly reminder to everyone that this is probably what Helryx would look like in a Miramax animation.
20200706_083011

19 Likes

Just gonna throw my hat on this one.

I didn’t like any of the MOCs that made it to the last round and I voted for neither the winner nor she-who-shall-not-be-flexed. Anybody can go and check for themselves what I voted for.

9 Likes

Don’t you think a much more simple and plausible answer is that you are…
in denial?

2 Likes

Oh… Are you kidding? So this won after withdrawing votes from Noodle? I don’t believe that such thing could’ve happen, can our dear staff prove that withdrawed votes was made via fake accounts? If not, then I can’t say nothing but “results are falsified”

The evidence would suggest otherwise

Why have you brought this cursed being into the world? xD

3 Likes

It is my duty. I’m just doin Mata Nui’s will here.

1 Like

I believe you on that, also admittedly I am incredibly tired and do not wish to check at this moment.
If you don’t mind me asking, which one did you want to win? This is simply curiosity, as I personally wanted number 3 in Poll Nueve to win at first.
@Mctoran I honestly did not mind the animations, my main grievances were simply story based, and how they characterized the Matoran, Turaga, and Toa.
@ToaKebaka Denial of what? It is possible for people to have their own suspicions. Not everyone simply gets angry or cannot accept that “their vote lost”. Some people might just be arguing based off of principle, off of suspicions of the contest itself and the vote auditing.

1 Like

I am a proof that they deleted non-valid votes. I made a second account and voted because I couldn’t log in with my main account and I was afraid of not being able to log in and vote before the contest was over. A mod asked me a day after if I had made a dupe account and the reason. I told him what I just told you, they understood and removed my vote and secondary account. And I voted for entry 2.

4 Likes

Most definitely not.

Proof of one isn’t proof of 71

From where I’m sat, the poll clearly said who won, and then we got … number 2 winner! (trust me honest)(no I wont tell you who’s votes I deleted or why) :DD

Yeah, maybe. But a proof they did not only deleted unfair votes to mister noodle. I voted for the one that won (entry 2).

3 Likes

If this is gonna be the back and forth format, I’m gonna get tired of it very quickly.

Our moderators did not have disqualifying allowance. Only cast members. It was deleted, but it was not formally disqualified.

What you are suggesting is that we moved it forward by removing legitimate votes. We did not tamper with votes. Any votes we removed were determined to be fraudulent.

You’re conflating two issues here, but I suppose that comes from a lack on insight on what makes a fraudulent account. One issue was a mass of people being offered compensation if they voted that were joining in large numbers just to boost one entry. A normal account, made by a person to vote, that did not utilize fraudulent means to create said account or any others, was not discounted during the audit.

The point behind what we did was to respond to the panic that ensued once the offer on Twitter was discovered. It did not disbar legitimate persons from voting.

I’m getting quickly exhausted with this accusation that we moved Double’s MOC up because it was our preference, so I’m gonna cut to the chase:

My personal favorite entry, and the one I wanted to win over all, was ToaOfPlastic’s. After that, the one I wanted to win was Du7734’s. I had no other favorites after those two. Does that satisfy you?

Would you rather we not vote? Would you prefer I not have entries I enjoyed and got to vote on personally, as a member of the community as well? You can believe it’s a red flag, and I understand your perspective… but it’s a nothing-burger.

You are welcome to believe that. And I’m saying it wasn’t.

7 Likes

Honestly I think the my issue with Hoseryx isn’t the moc itself, or that it is possibly a joke entry or whatever, it’s the fact that a silly thing ultimately caused so much toxicity to spawn from it, from both supporters and haters of it.

Because as much entertainment that spawned from it, it also just produced A LOT unwarranted salt and anger over something that wasn’t even going to be the final representation of the character even if it had won.

Think it might be a good idea for all of us to take a step back and relax when it comes to these contests next time.

12 Likes