The "Let's build JtO Makuta" topic

Which version was that on again?

http://i.4cdn.org/toy/1470083605718.jpg

This one. I feel that after the JTO model its the most likely Makuta set design we would have gotten (Even if it would have been scaled down massively in set form)

I’d like to see people build this if possible. The throne Makuta’s are more difficult as they are sitting and parts are obscured

8 Likes

Thanks. Shall we just make a few observations about this one, considering the first Makuta has been pretty much finished?

Just a single point; you’ll need a few parts from set 41077 - Aira’s Pegasus Sleigh and 41078 - Skyra’s Mysterious Sky Castle for the Overlord Makuta.

1 Like

dviddy is not a Lego designer. He is a BZPower member that is known for doing reviews for constration sets.

3 Likes

Unsure how others feel (staff included), but feel this could probably remain a JTO Makuta version topic and we’d have different topics as tutorials/help guides to build each of the versions. JTO version first, then Overlord, then probably one of the throne versions (By then we’d hopefully have better pictures that show him standing (If it can stand)

3 Likes

Oh, I did not know that, I wonder if that Makuta is official or just a MOC. Seems kinda weird a due would bring a replica and just sit around at a convention with only that. I looked at some of his other MOCs and it seems weird that he wouldn’t bring those as well.

@Scarilian I never thought that his whole “Lets Build _” would become a sort of series. Sounds like load of fun and I’m totally in. We could also due the tiny mask maker Makuta XD.

The Makuta is the real deal as you can see by this twitter post by BZPower:
https://twitter.com/BZP_Tweets/status/760856437706854400

1 Like

thats what im trying to do at the moment ^^

1 Like

Personally I prefer @Altair’s version. The back looks horrible on the real makuta

I think that’s because it was originally planned to be a set, and thus there was both a budget constraint and an obligatory function involved.

why not call this [The “Let’s build all the prototype Makuta” topic] ?

Because JtO Makuta is more specific

that’s why I said it, some people want to make the other prototypes, but maybe making a topic per makuta prototype is better, it would keep things more in order

1 Like

I pretty much have that one down. From what I can tell, its just Narmoto’s body build. I took some liberty with the hammer, but its pretty much on the spot. If there is anything different from the one in the video, just say! Note, The Technic wheel should be black, just waiting on a part order for the right color.

8 Likes

oh i think i misunderstood what he meant i tought he meant the jto version since this topic is about jto titan makuta

2 Likes

Holy heck this looks glorious! Fantastic job!

1 Like

could someone try and recreate makuta chestprint? we can’t print the pieces, but maybe we can aply a sticker on top of a plain gold chest

the worst thing would be getting the size just right

I mean the mask maker makuta

1 Like

That is nearly perfect. Awesome work man. Some time after you finished this one maybe you can try the mask lf time. That one will be a bit more difficult though.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Where?