The "Let's build JtO Makuta" topic

What you’ve gotten done here is awesome! I can’t wait to see how it was built… and at this point, I don’t even care of it’s built slightly off I just wanna know how you built that behemoth! ^^

@Tahu It looks like the gears are just for looks, as the axe blades are attached to the gearbox.

Edited for Double Post.
~Chronicler.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure how a torso gearbox would work looking at how the arms attach? But @Altair even if there are a few mistakes that is seriously amazing! You deserve some serious applause for all the work you’ve put in to reverse engineer the build on these images alone, and even more for sharing!

I really look forward to building this guy after I buy extras of the sets required. He really does look amazing, especially in your pictures!

1 Like

@Altair Yeah, it’s still fantastic and likely isn’t as gappy in the back as the official model!

now give it to me

2 Likes

I really think the gear is just for the spinning chest function.

Also, I think I like the back a bit more on Altair’s model, even though it sacrifices the gear “function”.

@Zorglorfian Same.

now give me dem beautiful instructions

Ok, everyone, I’m just going to say one thing:
I AM NOT GOING TO CHANGE MY VERSION (except maybe a few tweaks here and there) UNTIL WE GET AT LEAST AS MANY NEW PICTURES AS THE FREAKING HOURS I SPENT BUILDING IT.

Thanks for supporting me, instructions will probably come out on Saturday.

8 Likes

Thanks man, it looks amazing

1 Like

Heh, I didn’t want you too XP

Can’t wait for the instructions!

1 Like

I think that’s probably for the best. Not worth completely restarting until you’re sure you have enough material to get everything right.

1 Like

Thanks dear friend! and thanks for you hardest work!:slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems like the pictures dviddy posted are of a model built after the model shown in the video. It might not seem like much, but the bushings near the top of his staff are different; the dviddy one has 2 half-sized, while the video version has one full sized.

It may seem small, but at least this shows that they have been built at different times.

1 Like

Just asking, what do we know !for sure! is the same in all three models (first JtO, Altair, second JtO Brickfair)? I’m guessing the limbs and staff. What parts of the body are the same?

The lower legs and the left arm. That’s it.

Not to sound stupid or anything (“whose left?”), but the arm with the staff, or the arm with the pop-out blades?

does your version have ikir’s head on the butt?

Imgur

AT LAST

15 Likes

Mind, BLOWN.

Ya see this shows the fans DO have a say in what Lego days in these last few days.

3 Likes

Thought I would share this https://youtu.be/FJ9HCphJX1U

4 Likes

Great work! When do you think it’s gonna be on shapeways?

1 Like

Definitely within the next 24 hours.

4 Likes