The "Let's build JtO Makuta" topic

Thats uh a little more than a bit coming together nicely

4 Likes

Do you have your own Printer?

I’ve already emailed them yesterday and should get a response today or tomorrow

3 Likes

I wish but i do know a place that does prints for 5 dollars an hour that is in walking distance. And the variables come down to 1. Is the printer working because they have had issues before
2. Is the model to small cause its a cheaper printer (or something i cant remember what he said)
3. How long it will take to get to me because the printer is off site

1 Like

That’s nice.

When can you post more pictures and possible instructions for those arms?

3 Likes

Dude! Fantastic work!
Could you post more pictures of the shoulder construction, staff and back if possible?
Also, I’d like to point out that the model has five of LoSS’s legs for the skirt, but other than that… It’s pretty dang near done

2 Likes

@ZachX of course I will, but first I want to see if I can connect the different parts of the body.

@Mayple I wish it was near done :unamused:! At the moment the body is far from complete, in fact the upper portion you see basically only has the front shield piece and the armor shells, and the back is non existing. Still, I’m happy with what I’ve done too.

4 Likes

If you guys want, I can provide 100% accurate feet instructions and the left lower arm.

1 Like

@Cyber-Hand, looking good man! When you say we can download it, do you mean we can get the file? And if so, how much will it cost?
@Altair ah yes, the back… Well, I’ll try to help by finding some pictures of its back through the other red and gold makuta and JtO. Keep up the good work!
@Louimath yeah dude, go ahead. Every bit helps!

2 Likes

Any chance you could take a closer photo of the arms and the staff internals?

Sure, I’ll do it tomorrow (this time for real).

1 Like

I went at TRU and bought all the sets I needed for this, except LoSS, which I did not find.

Personally speaking, I would wait until there are actual instructions.

1 Like

There is no guarantee that we will get any instructions…

Incorrect, i made them. Its just difficult making them connect to the head on the lower arm.

It was something that people never expected to be made into a set, its likely lots of illegal techniques…

It’s impossible to make the body correct, so why bother making the rest correct too?

Also, please post a picture of them.

Yeah, open em’ up! Show us!

I don’t know what you mean when you say “it’s impossible”. It was built.

This was my first attempt at building Makuta shortly after the Makuta contest video reveal. The goal was simply to get the basic idea of the chest, the spinning wheel, the spikey belt and the lower ribcage piece - all of which are in place and work without many issues. I still need to do the armour correctly and the legs and arm attachments will need some revision, however recently moved so haven’t been able to build.

As for the shoulder pads, these things are tricky, so rather than focus on replicating the inspiration i decided to replicate the JTO version. I need to shorten the gap between the top and the Shadow Trap piece, however other than that, it serves its purpose aesthetics’ wise.

#Interior;

Without us seeing the inside it’ll be impossible for us to replicate exactly, i believe that is what @Altair meant. We don’t need to follow it exactly to the same specifications as the original design, though i understand a lot of people here will try.

In my view the focus should be on replicating the exterior while maintaining functionality and to me that’s what I’m hoping to achieve with my own version - which is why it leans more heavily on the slightly simplified CGI JTO design rather than the actual set that inspired the JTO design.

7 Likes

That was an interesting response from lego… not exactly what I’m looking for though

8 Likes

http://i.4cdn.org/toy/1470083605718.jpg
http://i.4cdn.org/toy/1470083677021.jpg
http://i.4cdn.org/toy/1470083781670.jpg

11 Likes