Does it still work if he’s in a Kaita?

2 Likes

So here are the actual photos.

8 Likes

Looks cool, going to do some custom mask printing? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yup. Already did some:

10 Likes

Where do you get those old LEGO sets from? Finding them online for reasonable prices has been really hard for me.

1 Like

The last five years I’ve been getting most of my sets from Trademe, a local website. Maybe there is an equivalent website for your country? Using a local/small website does help as postage isn’t a killer and you have a smaller group of bidders to compete with.

Bricklink does also have plenty of good stores depending on what you are looking for. Another good place for me is Hospice shops.

1 Like

Yes, we do have a site called OLX.ro which could be considered the equivalent to yours, but on that site you rarely find anything LEGO pre-2000. I did somehow managed to get a big lot of Fabuland stuff from it at some point, though.

1 Like

Shame about the age of Lego sold, I suspect that is due to the site not being intuitive or available to older people, most vintage Lego sold here is from parents selling their children’s Lego from the attic or a university student selling stuff etc. Another place that works is tip shops, often they receive old Lego that someone thinks is worthless.

2 Likes

It is also that in general you can’t find that much vintage LEGO in my country, because LEGO only appeared on my country’s market in 1992, and wasn’t even that popular in here at that time.

1 Like

Ah that makes sense now, I forgot about the Eastern Bloc and the effects of that. Bulk lots are the best way to bulk out your collection but it seems Bricklink is your best option then, often just chose 2 or 3 sets you want then if a store has them then perhaps they will have some more nice stuff.

1 Like

I got a trio of flightless birds for pretty cheap off of bl. I never saw the angry birds movie so I don’t know anything about these guys but they have fun designs. And they were released the same time as bionicle g2 so they must be good.

12 Likes

thanks for reminding me of these war crimes.

3 Likes

I’ve decided to pick up a couple vinyls of some of my favorite albums. All of these are bangers!

3 Likes

Just got me a sticky bones

8 Likes

your mother has an interesting taste in literature

7 Likes

I knew someone would read those :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Hopefully it was your mother

4 Likes

(In spy’s voice)

3 Likes

I hath joined them.