The Loop (RPG)

Austin’s face begins to look concerned. “Where do we need to go so we urgently? I mean, we might as well have infinite tries.”

The tall one spoke up, “About 1.75 meters, light brown hair which is beginning to gray prematurely and an ungodly amount of scars on his hands.” From what you could remember, the man who had informed you of the time loop almost fit that description, but didn’t have any marks on his hands, well aside from the same number you carried on yours. "Unfortunately that’s all the information we could gather from the… descriptions that were given to us.

Mark scoffed, “I’ll leave you to deal with this" he placed the palm sized coin object and sheet of paper into the short one’s pocket and removed himself from the building.

“Tell me, son, do you know the punishment for harboring terrorists?” the short one paused just long enough for just long enough for you to realize the question was rhetorical in nature, “You could be faced with some serious jail time, maybe even execution if the circumstances are serious enough." he handed you the sheet of paper that had been taken from the clerk’s desk earlier upon it is a list of names.

========================Scientist========================
Zeke Ambrose 9:15 am
Ryan Ura 11: 05 am
1:31 pm David Ghirard
=========================guests=========================
Adele Morrows 11:05 /Ura
Alexander Nessuno11:05 am /Ura
Dr. Francis Agler 11:05 am /Ura
David Carolinensis 11:05 am /Ura
George Roberts 11:05 am /Ura
Austin Reimer 11:05 am /Ura

Realization stuck you like a hammer to a nail, they weren’t here for Alexander, they were here for you. The device! They wanted to cut you loose, but You had kept your mouth shut, hadn’t you? Did you say anything in the previous loops? But they wouldn’t know that, no they couldn’t! Could they?

As you looked up from the sheet of paper, you saw the most likely hired gun slowly reach for the revolver in his holster, his mask aptly masking any emotion he might have currently.

Danger

Alex exhaled The sooner we end this conflict the better." as if on cue Mr. Ura appeared behind you carrying an armful of various items none of which you could name. “Shall we be on our way?” he said shakily as he descended the stairs and made his way onto the street. Alex sighed clearly relieved, in fact his whole demeanor changed he seemed more determined now, and almost carried himself with a sense of importance? Whatever it was, the plan was finally in motion.

It’s time to end this.
@Cordax @Winger @T4k4nuv4 @Atobe_Brick @TheCobaltCorsair @Eilrach @GX_05

8 Likes

Ryan froze. Actually, he did more than that, he blacked out.

And the Jade Falcon took his place. Suddenly, her stance shifted, ever so slightly. She was more alert, her eyes darted, searching for something. She thought about her options. Did he know she had a gun? Her hand was close enough, she could draw it, and she would probably be able to take him out. She new what she had to do. Faster than one might think possible for a scientist with no training she drew her gun and fired it into the closet of the military guard. She wasn’t sure where she hit, but she didn’t have time to check. She dove behind the desk, hearing a few gunshots go off in her direction. She grimaced in pain, as on of the bullets had grazed her shoulder before she got behind the desk. She pulled the desk attendant down to protect her. She needed to find a way out, but she only had five bullets left. She also needed to figure out where she was.

2 Likes

Austin looks up at Alex and releases a shaky breath. “I believe we shall.”

1 Like

George, taking advantage of the confusion quicly followed Ryan behind the desk. “Well, this was unexpected” He exclaimed “Pant Where did you learn to do that, weren’t you just an engineer!?” He asked while catching his breath. “Anyways, pant since apparently you are experienced with this pant What’s the plan?” While asking he also started to look for something useful in his bag.

@T4k4nuv4

The Jade Falcon gives George a quizzical look, as if trying to figure out who he was. So I guess this one is an ally she thought.

“I’m getting there” she said. From George’s perspective, it would be very weird, as now “Ryan” was using a higher voice. He almost sounded feminine now. The Jade Falcon Reviewed her options. She popped up from behind the desk and popped off another shot at the military guard. As she ducked behind the desk again she heard another gunshot and a groan. That hit him somewhere where it hurt she thought to herself. She had to be careful though, he’d narrowly missed her with that last shot. “Do you know the layout outside that door?” The Jade Falcon asked George.

“Why are YOU asking ME!? The building is YOURS! And why are you speaking like this!? Did you hit your head perchance!?” George was now really confused as to why Ryan was acting so wierdly but he thought that now was not the best time to investigate further so he answered the question “Outside that door there is a relatively busy road, I think there were also a couple of alleys if you go right… probably”

2 Likes

“Mine?! Do I look rich enough to own a place like this? Whatever, I’ve got an idea. I hope you can run fast.” She peeked over the desk to see the state of the soldier and the layout of the room.

Retreating behind the desk, you hear the sound of glass shattering followed by the Screams of the clerk who you had pulled down with you.

As you dash towards the desk, you get a good look at the Hired gun. One of the lenses on his mask had been completely shattered by the bullet Ryan had fired, clearly the man wasn’t seriously injured, as he was perfectly capable of tearing the mask off his face and nearly clipping you in the shoulder with it.

Upon cresting the desk, you are quite clearly able to grasp the man’s condition as there is now a decent sized chunk of glass lodged in his left eye which was now profusely bleeding. Your second shot, however, did connect with his left arm, although it still wasn’t enough to make him drop the weapon.

Truly a near miss, back behind the desk, you discover the resting place of the soldier’s shot; to the left of you lays the now lifeless body of the clerk. one bullet to the head was all it took.

The moment you lay eyes on the Mercenary a bullet whizzes past your head, grazing your left shoulder in the process, you begin to feel blood seeping from the wound onto your jumpsuit, fortunately within the time you were exposed you were able to grasp the general layout. The surrounding area was a lot like a Y directly in front of you was the main entrance, to the left and right were two branching hallways that led to a set of double doors, both of which were closed.

Following behind Alexander, Mr.ura leads you through the park and past your comrades, Alexander all the while whistling a tune completely foreign to you. Speaking of the whistle, you might come to the conclusion that it was an attempt to perhaps signal Dr. Agler and David that it was time to get moving. Adele, however, resided on the side of the street you were now approaching, it would be nigh impossible to not get her attention, seeing as you would pass right by her on the current route you were going.

7 Likes

As James worked on the device in the lab, he heard the gunshots. “As if a malevolent colossus wasn’t bad enough…” he grumbled. He considered going out to investigate the source of the gunfire, but quickly ruled that out. After all, he’s a scientist, not a fighter. “I suppose the deadline for finishing this device has just been made even shorter,” he said to himself.

James then continued his work, hoping that the shooters didn’t plan to enter the lab.

4 Likes

Agler rejoins the group, walking by Austin’s side.

Mr. Ura didn’t seem like the most pleasant person, quite unlike his nephew.

2 Likes

“I have a feeling that I won’t particularly like what you’re planning” George wasn’t really fond of running for his life while bullets were being shot at him, but at the moment he couldn’t really think of a better plan "I can only run for a really short time, endurance was never my thing. I really hope your plan isn’t just “run for it” "

“Not quite, but it’s what I’d like you to do. I need you to run for the exit while I take him out, got it?” She said, looking George in the eyes. “Once you get to the exit, I need you to check for more hostiles.” She took one more quick glance at her surroundings behind the desk.

Upon seeing the trio headed her way, Adele was unable to fight the instinct to take a step back. Though her features were obscured by her gas mask, her posture and stance were remarkable disdainful.

Unsure as to whether the elderly newcomer was aware of the extent of the group’s membership, she waited for them to pass her, and then began to follow behind them, far enough behind not to draw attention, but close enough to keep them in sight. She doesn’t spare a second glance for Dr. Agler or any of the others that were left outside.

4 Likes

david begins to walk so that he will end up being just behind mr ura and co

3 Likes

You’d expect that traveling in such an obvious group would arouse suspicions from Mr.ura but you would be mistaken. Alexander kept whistling his foreign tune, and Austin kept pace with him, Dr. Adler, and David not far behind was Adele, her pace was just fast enough to catch up if the group rounded a corner and just slow enough to not arouse suspicion.

As you peek out another bullet whizzes past your faces followed by a clicking noise, swearing, and the sound of spent bullet casings falling to the floor. The mercenary needed to reload, if you want to make a break for it now’s your chance.

Down Bloem Avenue, a left on verdacht parkway, and finally a right at Uitvinder street. frankly, the number of times Mr.Ura had to ask someone on the street where he was currently located was…Concerning, however despite these setbacks you were quite surprised when you found yourself at the edge of the industrial district.

“Warehouse No….Warehouse No…379…” Mr.Ura mumbled to himself as he led you further Along the edge of the industrial district until you found yourself at a rusted and somewhat dilapidated warehouse.

You have arrived.

As Mr.Ura walked up to the door and began testing every single key on his Key-ring in a desperate brute force attempt to unlock the door. Alexander put his whistling on pause and signaled for everyone but Austin to scatter.

End Of Chapter 1

@Cordax @Atobe_Brick @T4k4nuv4 @TheCobaltCorsair @Winger @Eilrach @GX_05

10 Likes

“Go!” The Jade Falcon shouted to George, the. Before checking to see if he had started running, she jumped the desk and took her lab coat off I. One swift move. She flung the lab coat as she dashed at her assailant, attempting to use the jacket as a distraction. As soon as she got close enough, she launched a kick at the assailant’s chest. The assailant managed to avoid the worst of the attack, but in doing so got a glancing blow to his right arm.

Austin backs away slightly as to not crowd Mr. Ura.

“Again, I cannot thank you enough for all you have done for the two of us. It warms my heart that people like you still exist in this world.”

Austin delivers this is such an emotional way so that if you didn’t know any better, you’d believe it to be genuine. Apparently, the kid’s had some practice.

3 Likes

David leans up against a near by info board and pulls his hat a little bit down to cover his face

2 Likes

George muttered a few choice words under his breath and booked it as fast as he could towards the exit