The Shadow's Fate... (A choose-your-own-adventure style story)

CHAPTER 1: THE SLIZERS (PART 6)

Kraazyk thought for a moment.

“Tell me,” Kraazyk finally said to Turbo, “what kind of tech is there you wouldn’t want Blaster to get his hands on?”

“Well,” Turbo said hesitantly, a quick glance passing between him and Ski, “There’s power stations and medical supplies.”

“Your region may have more of those things,” Torch interjected, clearly having missed the look between Ski and Turbo, “but all of us have them.”

“And what exactly does your Fire region have in abundance besides hot air?” Ski taunted.

“It has geothermal power.”

“SCUBA!” Torch shouted angrily. “That information is classified!”

“Well based on the potential end of the world scenario I thought it should be mentioned.”

“Geothermal power?” Turbo asked, his technical mind immediately intrigued. “Please explain.”

“Gah, fine.” Torch said exasperatedly. “A few scientists from the Water Planet had a prototype design for a new power source so they wouldn’t depend on so much on the Energy Planet. However, they realized that their planet offered too little in the way of geothermic power to make sufficient progress. Long story short, they worked it out with the Fire Planet to have the prototype shipped here for testing on the border of the Fire and Water regions.”

“And the reason you feel it so necessary to hide this from us would be what exactly?” Ski inquired.

“Because of how far down we had to drill for it to function properly.” Scuba muttered.

“Och, please tell me ye dinnae dig past the limit.” Millenium said, his voice betraying just how worried this news made him. “Thaere’s a good reason that limit was put thaere.”

“Another question,” Kraazyk finally said to Ski and Turbo after Torch and Scuba awkwardly shuffled their feet and Millenium shook his head in disappointment, “what tech are you hiding in the City that requires a significant amount of power to operate?”

“Um…” Turbo stuttered. “W-we, uh…”

“We have a ‘home made’ Subspace transmitter.” Ski admitted. “It’s not finished, but it has all the necessary parts.”

“Faer the love of- What waere ye thinkin’?” Millenium said harshly. “Did ya at least quantum lock the thing?”

“That’s what we were working on when the meteor impacted.” Turbo said. “We didn’t finish the process.”

“Bloody paerfect.” Millenium grumbled.

“In that case I suggest we split up.” Kraazyk said. “I don’t claim to have an exceptional amount of knowledge on these sciences, but I suspect if we manage to keep them from gaining control of at least one of the two things they won’t be able to use them together.”

“Agreed!” Torch said. “Scuba and I will head to the power plant.”

“As much as I know it will annoy you,” Scuba said, “we both know that Ski’s help would be invaluable in case we need to completely shut it down.”

“Reighty then,” Millenium grunted as he pulled himself to his feet. “Taerbo the Makoota and I will make our way tae the Transmitter. Thaere’s no time tae lose.”

As the groups went their separate ways, tired but determined, not one of them took any note of the crack in the side of the meteor that was slowly making its way up the side. By the time they were all too far away to notice, the crack had reached the top. Then, at the base of the crack the rock face exploded outward, revealing a small door into some sort of vessel inside. The door opened at an awkward angle and an ancient Slizer came tumbling out. Getting to his feet, he dusted himself off and chuckled as he looked at his surroundings.
"Well," the old Slizer whispered to himself as the last rays of sunlight gave in to the night’s shadowy embrace, "it’s about time."

Meanwhile, Kraazyk’s group had made considerable progress with Turbo riding with Millenium on the latter’s motorbike and Kraazyk running along and teleporting to keep up.

“How far is it?” Kraazyk inquired after 3 hours of traveling.

“About another 1200 miles.” Turbo replied. “I’m very impressed with this vehicle’s capabilities. Despite any terrain we’ve managed to maintain a constant speed of-”

The rest of his sentence was cut off by an explosion that knocked the bike off course and sent Turbo hurtling in the other direction. Millenium managed to make it to an off ramp and skid to a halt, however Turbo was not so fortunate and he went tumbling off the side of the bridge.

Kraazyk spun around and saw Blaster on a balcony of a nearby building. Smirking, Blaster tore into a power cable running along side the building and absorbed the energy, duplicating himself. Charging toward them, Kraazyk was caught off guard by a barrage from three other Blasters emerging from an alley behind him.

“Oh good,” Kraazyk grumbled. Teleporting above to the group of three he drew his Blade and dispatched them with swift stroke. Sheathing his blade, he phased through the ground and shapeshifted climbing claws, avoiding several disks thrown by the Blasters on the balcony in the process. Making his way through the pillars beneath the bridge, Kraazyk saw Turbo below, attempting to fend off his own Blaster.

“Turbo!” Kraazyk yelled as he readied a shattering blast. “Duck!”

Turbo threw a disk creating a ramp to launch himself off of and flew over the head of the Blaster attacking him as Kraazyk’s blast toppled one of the support pillars down onto the Blaster, crushing him.

“Not exactly ducking, but perhaps that’s asking to much of a toy car.” Kraazyk said to himself as he phased back through the floor to see how Millenium was doing.

Millenium had merged with his cycle into his larger mode again and was standing above one stunned Blaster and had another in a headlock and as a shield against two more Blasters that were advancing on him.

“Millenium,” Kraazyk said telepathically. “Hit me.”

Dropping the Blaster, Millenium spun around and hit Kraazyk dead on with two Disks. Using Blaster’s power through the Blade of Fate, Kraazyk was split into 3 separate entities, all of them aware of all the knowledge of Kraazyk and all aware of eachother’s knowledge. And all aware of who’s the Alpha. They all wielded a visually identical Blade, but only one wielded it’s power.

“Oh,” One of the Kraazyk duplicates said.

“This will be,” The other duplicate continued.

“Fun.” Kraazyk himself finished.

The Blasters didn’t stand a chance. Three Kraazyks descended upon them and tore them to shreds within moments, until only one remained, broken and battered with both arms and legs missing and held by the neck in the air by Kraazyk, who merged back into one being.

“Where is the original?” Kraazyk hissed.

“You can’t threaten me.” The Blaster growled after several moments of feeble struggling. “I’m not even real.”

“I know.” Kraazyk sighed. “I bet I could squeeze it out of you given time, but there is an easier way.”

Delving into the Blaster’s mind, Kraazyk attempted to seek out where the “Prime” Blaster was, but Kraazyk only got a slight glimpse of the skyline and a hint of several other Blaster dupes before the Blaster twisted his head in a sudden jerk and disintegrated into nonexistence as he ‘died’.

“Well that didn’t accomplish anything.” Kraazyk said, shaking his head in disappointment.

Looking around, Kraazyk noted he was alone on the bridge. Skid marks from Millenium’s cycle lead one way and Turbo was nowhere to be seen.

“Wonderful.”

Alrighty then, what will Kraazyk do?

1. Try to identify the skyline in the Blaster’s mind and head there?

2. Look around for Turbo?

3. Follow Millenium’s tracks?

4. Attempt to find Turbo’s lab on his own?

Super secret bonus question: How fast was Millenium’s bike traveling on average if the total distance from the impact site to the lab was 3000 miles?

Again I am sorry this took so long and I hope you like it. Also, any input is welcome with regard to most everything I write. I wanna be a good author and I cannae do that without C&CC :smiley:

5 Likes

Hiker Mike?

I say #2, and if that doesn’t work, #3. We can do #1 on the way, with the power of multitasking.

Looking good so far. I can go over it more thoroughly later though, if you want. I know how frustrating it can be to get unhelpful feedback.

2 Likes

'Tis please.

600 miles per hour, or 965.606 kilometers per hour.

2 Likes

http://i.imgur.com/kCvExpU.gif

I’d deny it, but I’ve literally already used every other Slizer character already unless I decide to do something with the four “dead” “bad” Slizers… But you won’t know till it’s too late :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That would be very much appreciated :smile:

Also, @TFM101, that is correct. (So long as my calculations were correct as well haha)

4 Likes

They were. :wink:

1 Like

More millennium! Also this is still going great! Keep up up good work!

1 Like

Right, first off, I apologize yet again for taking a while. Second off, to avoid having to apologize all the time I am going to try setting a schedule. Regardless of when I have time to write, I’m going to try and have each segment up sometime every Sat - or Sun if I’m particularly busy that week.

In the meantime, I note that it’s actually tied atm so I don’t know what to write, so altered vote(s) or additional vote(s) would be lovely.

However, whilst I have your attention I wanted to take a moment to discuss these choices I give you. I’ll be honest, I frequently put more thought into the story and just find a random place where I can stop and say,“What’s next!?”. That being said, I do put some thought into just what options I give you and I want you guys to understand how I’m thinking. The sort of story I want to tell isn’t just a beat em up or an action adventure, I want to have it be a bit more character based. Kraazyk is - I hope - entertaining to watch/read? fight, but like Superman he’ll usually either be pulling punches or totally owning any and all opponents. The sort of choices I give you will define who Kraazyk really is. Who I write about is determined by you lot. Will he be a hero? Villain? Rogue? Antihero? Just a guy trying to get home by whatever means necessary? I’m not keeping track of every single little choice and numerically determining his inner light (that’s a thing in g1 Bionicle btw, if you didn’t know that I suggest you go to bs01 and read everything) and I’m not going to come up with every branching path that could come into being, but the idea of the butterfly effect does apply. Every choice you make could affect something many parts later. I’ll use this choice as an example, as it’s both the most recent and it’s kinda the most in depth choice thus far imo:

1: Hunter/killer type choice. Hunting down the main Blaster could allow Kraazyk to kill him and get rid of all the Blasters. Could be reasoned away as playing at being the hero or just wanting to break stuff. Something of a grey area, and the outcome is unsure even to me for now.

2: Hero type choice. Turbo does not currently seem as important for Kraazyk’s goals, but he’s also the weakest of this group. He probably can’t take on even one Blaster on his own. Though Kraazyk could excuse himself by reasoning that Turbo’s home court advantage would be enough not to be concerned, if you’re being honest with yourself leaving Turbo on his own is a risky choice if you wanna keep everyone alive.

3: Selfish choice. While certainly leaning toward being heroic, this choice is ultimately selfish. Kraazyk knows that Millennium can hold his own against a Blaster or two and there doesn’t seem to be any sign of foul play in his leaving. However, Kraazyk has certainly noticed this so I’ll point it out to you, Millennium clearly knows a lot that could lead Kraazyk home. He’s the only one not confused and in awe of this giant, dark, and absurdly OP being. His vision, dream, or whatever it was when Kraazyk healed him was at least partly of things to do with what Kraazyk is going home for. Most interesting of all, Millennium has called Kraazyk “Makoota” the whole time and speaks (broken) Matoran while no one else seems to have such information.

4: Arrogant jerk type choice. Fitting the average Makuta, this choice is just not nice to other people. It doesn’t help either of the allies directly, it’s Kraazyk relying completely on himself, and it doesn’t even really have any guarantee of success.

These aren’t the only types of choices I’ll give, nor will there always be a “correct” choice. There could be a choice that leans away from what you want Kraazyk to be that could wind up helping a lot. There could be a choice that seems to right thing to do that winds up causing all kinds of trouble. As I haven’t planned out an entire RPG with branching paths and such already this should be fun and surprising for you and me if I do a good enough job. Anyway, it’s 1:19 am. I should go to bed :stuck_out_tongue: hopefully I’ll have the next bit up tomorrow.

5 Likes

Gah, I forgot to vote

Gonna go with option 3.

1 Like

Okay thanks for finally making a schedule! I will say choice 3 cause I did notice all these hints at millennium knowing more than he is letting on :wink: Keep up the great work man!

1 Like

2 or 3

1 Like

Alrighty then, looks like 3 it is. Since I’m working on it a bit late I may have to finish up and post tomorrow, but I am working on it atm, so if I have a flash of inspiration I may have it up sooner. We shall see. I hope this is an interesting enough story and I’m not just boring you all :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit: Typical. Everything conspires to keep me from keeping the schedule I just made. That and I’m not great at time management. I need a Vahi. Anyway, next part will be up shortly after I get off work tonight (Monday) then I will try extra super hard to have the next bit up next Saturday. :disappointed:

3 Likes

CHAPTER 1: THE SLIZERS (PART 7)

All but ignoring Turbo’s disappearance once he reasoned that Turbo may have just gone to the lab using an alternate route, Kraazyk headed in the direction the burnt rubber indicated. Once he passed the point that the bike managed to get traction, however, tracking became more difficult. Assuming that Millenium hadn’t chosen this off ramp for no reason, Kraazyk followed it till it came to an intersection a surprisingly long way down from the bridge they’d been on. Looking around gave him an eerie feeling down his spine. The City was packed full of automated shops and squares. Buildings of all kinds, corporate and factory side by side, running themselves. Not a single entity working of it’s own free will. Noticing the traffic light had a camera mounted on it, Kraazyk levitated over to it and looked around to see where it was sending what it was recording.

“Did you need assistance,” said a mechanical voice.

Looking down, Kraazyk saw what he assumed to be a small cleaning robot at the base of the traffic light.

“I’m hoping to get some information that could lead me to Millenium.” Kraazyk said as he slowly descended back to the ground. “May I have access to this camera feed?”

Looking up at Kraazyk in an almost quizzical way, the bot tilted its head and made a few beeping noises.

“Access granted.” The bot said, projecting a hologram with a time and date stamp. “This is the most recent time someone came through here.”

Zooming by almost to quickly to notice, a red cycle went through the traffic light without even pausing. A few moments later a disk struck the middle of the intersection and disintegrated, but didn’t seem to have any effect on the ground it hit.

“Interesting…” Kraazyk muttered, patting the bot on the head and continuing on down the road.

Back at the now ruined bridge the rubble shifted. Bursting out, a Blaster stumbled forward. Battered and bruised, but alive, the Blaster turned about and threw aside some chunks of road to reveal an unconscious Turbo. Grabbing him by the wheel, the Blaster dragged Turbo out from the rubble to where things were a little more stable.

From behind the Blaster came a buzz and then a clanking noise. Looking around the Blaster saw the one known only as “Hiker Mike” step out from the shadows. Compelled by a force far greater than his own will, the Blaster knelt down before him.

"Ah," Mike said, all but ignoring the Blaster. "This must be the current City Slizer."

"Yes sir," The Blaster said, somewhat surprised that he said it.

"Heh, they’ve lowered their standards a bit." Hiker Mike muttered as he poked at Turbo with his walking stick. The stick glowed a turquoise hue when in contact with Turbo. Checking a dial on the stick he added, "Though he does have a good deal of technopathic potential. Let’s see what else he may have."

At that Hiker Mike drew two disks, throwing one on the ground it caused the metal to bend and twist around Turbo, trapping him. The other disk Mike slammed into Turbo’s face, jolting the unconscious City Slizer awake and causing him great pain as evidenced by the screaming.

"That will do," he said after a moment, withdrawing the Disk. Taking another Disk Mike threw it at the Blaster, creating two more. "You may dispose of this one, he usefulness to me has expired."

Hiker Mike then returned to the shadow of the building he had come from and opened a secret door. As it closed behind him he heard 3 blasts in quick succession. It was turning out to be a pretty good day.

Kraazyk had managed to make some headway in the meantime. The little bot, CHRIS-37 according to the number on it’s side, had for some reason decided to follow him and continue showing the way Millenium had gone. The trail led far down into the subway tunnels under the City and even deeper still. Finally Kraazyk reached a small room with only a hole in the ground and a ladder leading down. Cleaning, Hardware Repair, and Information Services if you were wondering.

With a shrug, Kraazyk picked up the bot in one hand and jumped. After free falling for about 15-20 minutes and maintaining an aura of silence to quiet the bot’s alarmed squeal, Kraazyk slowed himself, came to a stop, and set CHRIS-37 down at the bottom of the ladder. To the left and right a tunnel stretched far in either direction. In front of Kraazyk there was a sign engraved on the tunnel wall in what Kraazyk recognized as an ancient Slizer script from the info he’d gathered from the Turbo and Torch’s minds, but neither of them knew how to read it.

Meanwhile CHRIS-37 had turned on a UV light on it’s head and was headed to the right cleaning up dirt left behind from the last person to come down here. Heading down that tunnel, quite literally as the tunnel sloped downwards, Kraazyk eventually found Millenium examining a crevasse in a small cavern a short way down the tunnel.

“Ah, thaere ya are.” Millenium said glancing at Kraazyk as he entered.

“What’s this?” Kraazyk asked, looking down at the cracks in the floor. On closer inspection he could see that while small they were quite deep and whatever was below radiated extreme heat and an eerie purple color.

“This is the result of Toorch and Scooba’s foolishness.” Millenium replied. “It was caused by the drill goin’ too far doun.”

“What is it?”

“The soorce of the Slizer’s pouwer.”

“That’s descriptive.”

“Ah’d like tae tell ye moore, but Ah dinnae think it’s within a Makoota’s realm of experience.”

“You’re very good at raising more questions than you answer.”

“Ah’ve got years of experience.”

“About a thousand of them based on your name.”

“Clevver.” Having finished whatever he was doing, Millenium looked up at Kraazyk properly. “Wait, where’s Taerbo?”

“Yet another good question.”

“Yoo. Laeft. Taerbo. Behind.”

“As did you obviously.”

“Ah thought Ah was leaving him in good hands.”

“Well that tells me your knowledge of Makuta is quite limited,” Kraazyk said. “Shall we go back and look for him?”

“Ah’d say-” Millenium started to say before pausing mid sentence, a look of pain on his face.

“You alright?” Kraazyk said, walking over to Millenium.

“NO!” Millenium cried, though not seeming to be in response to Kraazyk, and reflexively threw a disk. Sidestepping, Kraazyk noted that the blade didn’t start giving him powers. In other words it wasn’t an intentional attack. The disk hit the wall behind Kraazyk, causing it to corrode into dust.

Millenium sighed after several moments. “Taerbo won’t be joining us. We’d best make our way to the lab.”

Turning to head back toward the surface, Kraazyk noted a small chamber that CHRIS-37 seemed to be frantically trying to hide.

“What’s this?” Kraazyk asked.

“Classified,” the bot replied.

“Och, this coould be just wot we need!” Millenium exclaimed. Throwing another disk, Millenium exposed the small room in it’s entirety. “This is a shoort range quick travel taeleporter. The City Slizer’s from countless centuries past poot them in. With a wee bit o’ luck thaere’ll be one in range by the lab.”

Jumping up onto a circular platform that took up most of the hidden room, Millenium went for the control panel. Following close behind, Kraazyk also stepped onto the platform along with CHRIS-37. A moment later there was a mechanical whirr and a flash of light.

“Got it!” Millenium said as they were teleported to a similar small room. Throwing a quick disk to get a wall out of the way he added, “We shoold be reight by the lab.”

“We may be a bit late,” Kraazyk said. Looking at one of the nearby buildings he could see that it was crawling with Blasters. “How shall we go in?”

GG guys, Turbo’s in my top 10 favorite Slizer list ya know. Anyway, how do they approach the lab?

1. Kraazyk and Millenium charge in?

2. Kraazyk and Millenium sneak in?

3. Kraazyk charges in while Millenium sneaks in?

4. Kraazyk sneaks in while Millenium charges in?

Super Secret Bonus Question: Approximately how far down did Kraazyk and CHRIS-37 fall?

Here we go again with the sorry I’m late added bit. Sorry if the end feels a bit rushed, I’m really tired and I just finished writing since the time I thought I’d have yesterday didn’t happen. Anyway, hope you enjoyed and hope I’m not late ever again :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Great job once again! :grin:

1 Like

I should have voted last time, but I figured everyone else had it covered, RIP Turbo

I’d say this one

1 Like

Have Kraazyk and Millenium charge in (option #1), perhaps accompanied by some awesome background music.

2 Likes

I second this!

2 Likes

The good news is that I have the outline for what I want happen and I have a good bit written down and should have it posted today. The bad news is that I had an idea that has to do with theoretical physics and I have to somehow explain it in a way my audience will understand it and still progress the story… My brain is melting. Hopefully you’ll appreciate/understand my concept when I post it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Almost forgot, epic music was requested

CHAPTER 1: THE SLIZERS (PART 8)

“Ah’d sae,” Millenium said as he tore a length of rebar out of the wall, much to the frustration of CHRIS-37 who was trying to repair the wall. “We use the deirect approach.”

“Very well. But please,” Kraazyk said as he used lazer and heat vision with some magnetism to craft a makeshift basket-hilt broadsword out of the side of the metal building, “use a proper weapon.”

“Och, this’ll doo nicely.” Millenium replied, catching the broadsword Kraazyk tossed him. “Thaere isn’t anythin’ baetter than a good Claymore.”

“Right,” Kraazyk chuckled slightly as he drew his Blade. Making a running jump and teleporting, Kraazyk landed at the base of the lab building.

The building was all but a monument, an ornate base with elegant pillars and arches blending into a massive skyscraper that easilly stood over 5000 feet tall. Slicing clean through two Blaster’s that moved to intercept and a pillar that happened to be there as well, Kraazyk walked up to the main door. Massive and ornate, combination locked and shielded, it would make most bank vaults green with envy.

Charging out from behind a pillar a Blaster attempted to take a shot at Kraazyk before being dispatched by Millenium who came roaring in on his cycle brandishing a weapon that was almost comically large compared to his smaller form. Merging with his cycle and sidestepping a volley of blasts Millenium threw a disk at the overhang above several Blasters causing it to collapse upon them.

Meanwhile Kraazyk had taken a moment to examine the obstacle in front of him and almost casually kicked the door in, disintegration and molecular disruption come in handy at times. The it opened into a large enterance hall with numerous balconies from other floors looking out upon it. All this Kraazyk took in after he teleported in behind a pillar toward the back of the room as upwards of a dozen Blasters opened fire at the entrance.

The dust hadn’t even cleared from the entrance and the Blasters hadn’t even had a chance to check to see if their attack had succeeded when Kraazyk charged. Four were sliced and diced before anyone realized what was happening and 7 were down by the time they began to return fire. By then Millenium entered the wrecked door that the Blasters were no longer paying attention to and by the time all the remaining Blasters realized that both were attacking there was only one Blaster left; and even he only had this knowledge for about 2.6 seconds.

“Laet’s hope Ah ken find oot whaere Taerbo kept the transmitter,” Millenium said, heading over to the main computer at the front desk.

While Millenium did that Kraazyk streached his arm out and grabbed a Blaster attempting to sneak in from the outside. A couple quick swings of the Blade and the Blaster no longer had the limbs required to fight back. Delving into the Blasters mind Kraazyk looked for information on where the “transmitter” was. Odd, there seemed to be two things that fit that in the Blasters mind. However, only one of them seemed to be focused on this building.

“Sub-basement,” Kraazyk said as he crushed the Blasters skull.

“Ah know,” Millenium replied, still at the computer. “But whoever is doon thaere has blocked access via the elaevators.”

“Well, I guess that’s it.” Kraazyk said, seemingly in defeat. “Might as well give up now. Nothing to be done. It’s hopeless.”

Millenium looked up from the computer quizically only to note that where Kraazyk had been standing there was a gaping hole melted down into the floor. Millenium sighed and shook his head then jumped in after, being careful to avoid the still searing hot sides.

Landing beside Kraazyk in the corner of another large room, Millenium noted where in the lab the transmitter should be, but due to an over abundance of Blasters he couldn’t see.

Doing a quick headcount, Kraazyk could see at least 50 Blasters with their namesakes aimed at the two of them.

“Oh please,” a voice said from the shadows after a few minutes. “I know the odds are a bit lopsided, but you don’t have to be quite so brutal.”

In compliance with the voice the remaining three Blasters stepped back from Millenium and Kraazyk; who stood back to back in the center of the room with blades drawn and a noticeable layer of dust on the ground as the only remnant of their opponents.

“I’m impressed, Makuta.” Hiker Mike said stepping into the light. “On the other hand, you were slacking a bit there Millenium. Getting a bit old for all this violence are we?”

“Ye’re one tae talk,” Millenium growled, throwing a disk at Hiker Mike.

Before the disk could reach him, Hiker Mike pulled a lever and for a moment everything blurred. When everyting had cleared, it seemed the same, save the disk was no longer in sight.

Kraazyk began to take a step forward and the world warped away, making it seem as though everything in the room was farther and farther away as Kraazyk stepped past a certain point only to be pulled back by Millenium.

“Ever hear of a warp maze Makuta?” Hiker Mike said smugly. “Because you just got yourself caught in one.”

“Care to explain?” Kraazyk asked Millenium, who simply hung his head in defeat. Turning to Hiker Mike Kraazyk waited to see if he would explain.

“A warp maze is something of my own design.” Hiker Mike said, his voice filled with malicious glee. “I happened to have the necessary parts and the math already worked out for one, so I put it together for when the Blasters were overwhelmed.”

“Well I’m glad you’re as good at answering questions as Millenium.”

“Whoa now,” Hiker Mike said. “That’s uncalled for.”

“Och, dinnae compare me tae that son of a -”

“If you don’t mind,” Kraazyk interrupted. “I’d like to know why it is we’re not taking down this… I actually have no idea who this is.”

“Heiker Mike.” Millenium said, his voice dripping with distain. “A former champion of the City Slizers before his mad experiments got him banished.”

“A surprisingly straightforward answer coming from you,” Hiker Mike interjected. “Afraid of losing the Makuta’s trust?”

“I’ve still not got an answer as to what a warp maze is.” Kraazyk said. “Shall I start throwing lightning bolts to find out?”

“That wouldnae do any good.”

“Quite.” Mike said. “Anyway, I suppose a quick explanation of theoretical physics is in order. Ever hear of a ‘warp drive’?”

“No,” Kraazyk replied. “Though that may be my somewhat limited grasp of your language.”

“Ah, well, in any case it’s a form of faster than light travel via warping the space part of space-time. Rather than exceeding the speed of light you traverse distances by contracting space in front of you and expanding space behind,” Mike explained. “Now, once you’ve managed this it wouldn’t be too far off an idea to do the reverse, cause space to expand in front and contract behind. Thus making a trip of a few inches - even the speed of light - take years. Of course, it’s still a maze. Walk the right way and you’ll make your way out. Then again, there could be an easier way for you Makuta…”

“Ya cannae trust him,” Millenium warned. “He’ll just as soon saell you oot as make a deal with ye.”

“Oh sure, but you know what that’s like don’t you?” Hiker Mike taunted. “How do you think Turbo would’ve felt if he knew it was because you didn’t think he was worth the effort of digging out of a bit of rubble? I doubt his tech would be capable of getting the Makuta home anyway.”

“Makoota -” Millenium started to say before Kraazyk silenced him.

“I don’t know a great deal about your ‘warp maze’,” Kraazyk said. “But I’m willing to bet it takes a lot of energy to sustain. What happens when the energy runs out?”

“Very good Makuta, very good.” Hiker Mike chuckled. “You’re right to the point, even when I’m trying to bury it. When it runs out of power in about… 6 minutes give or take, the entire thing will collapse and crush anything within it’s sphere of influence. Now if you don’t want to be in there when that happens you’ll have to either solve the maze or, if you prefer the safe easy route, simply kill Millenium and I’ll shut it down safely. Then, if you continue to help me achieve my goals, I can get you back to your universe. What do you say?”

Now you’ll have to make a very big choice…

1. Kill Millenium and join up with Hiker Mike? Note: Powerful as Millenium is I wouldn’t hold out any hope for the Slizer surviving if this option is taken.

2. Solve the maze using one of Kraazyk’s many powers? Please specify the power(s) if you vote for this one. In fact, though there are others that may work, the power I thought of when I originally came up with this idea was actually used earlier this part.

3. Pretend to kill Millenium? Also, if you don’t mind, please specify how this would be done.

Should 2 or 3 be chosen and a particular way is not agreed upon by everyone I will simply choose the option I like best :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey look, I got it up on time! That probably means it sucks… darn. Whelp, I hope the idea of a “Warp Maze” makes sense. If not, feel free to complain and I’ll try and explain it better :smiley:

Also, I’ve noted that the parts have gotten a bit longer from when I started. Do you think this to be a good thing, bad thing, or does it not matter at all?

4 Likes

Option numero dos; via Teleportation.

It does, well, about as much sense as warp drive does to begin with.

I personally think that it’s a good thing.

Also, the music fit the writing beautifully (or vice versa, since the music was probably made first).

2 Likes

Lol, I’m glad. I did write a bit while listening to that particular song (and a few others by that youtuber)

3 Likes