The Toa Cordak

Shortly after making my Toa Mangai MOCs in the summer of 2021, that fall I decided to make my own takes on the Toa Cordak as well. Massive disclaimer before we begin: I was never as invested in the Cordak as the Mangai so I never got around to developing who they are as characters nor did I give them a fresh coat of digital paint now that I have access to color packs. I still like them though, which is why I’m willing to show them off.

Lesovikk, Toa of Air

Fun Fact: Lesovikk’s MOC predates me figuring out how to install parts packs, which is why he is slightly different from his set. I most likely would’ve made at least some of these changes anyway.

Nikila, Toa of Lightning

Fun Fact: If you’re wondering why this picture has a strange file name, this is because the color used in the render is dark blue-violet rather than plain dark blue, which strangely looks black in this instance only.

Kentraac, Toa of Gravity

Fun fact: I absolutely dreaded attempting making a purple MOC using G1 parts so I opted to tackle Kentraac first out of all the Cordak. He ended up being my 2nd favorite.

Auro, Toa of Sonics

Fun Fact: I remember vaguely basing Auro’s design off of a Bionicle MOC someone posted that had managed to use no black parts whatsoever (e.g. no standard pins). I don’t remember anything else about that MOC other than it was also silver and wore a Kiril.

Malrum, Toa of Iron

Fun Fact: If my experience trying to build Zaria showed me how scarce dark orange is in G1, Malrum here showed me how scared regular orange (Mata orange?) is. I never want to use either of these colors again unless there’s a significant amount of CCBS involved.

Chisairo, Toa of Stone

Fun Fact: The shoulder armor would absolutely be the melded silver/med-brown Raus worn by Ahkmou but I just didn’t have color packs at the time. Frankly this guy is my least favorite bc of how difficult brown and tan shades are to use in Inika style.

Plascia, Toa of Fire

Fun Fact: Plascia is 100% my favorite of this collection. I’m not gonna lie: of all the Cordak, this is the one I want to build IRL.

Hydrani, Toa of Water

Fun Fact: It wasn’t until February 2022, five months after creating this MOC, that I’d realized that she has the same mask as Malrum. If I ever decide to go back, I would instead give her a Ruru.

While I never created a story for the original Toa Cordak, my personal headcanon is that, at some point after the events of Mahri Nui, Lesovikk transformed Sarda into a Toa as thanks for continuing to have faith in him when the Toa had lost faith in himself.

After the two Toa parted ways, Sarda would go on to found the Toa Cordak II. I have an idea who could be one of his nemeses later down the line.

20 Likes

Very nice mocs!
I like how all of them have a consistent style while being unique.

1 Like

I wasn’t, but now it’ll haunt me forever. :stuck_out_tongue:

Pretty good overall, and I think I’d agree with your favorite/least favorite. You did well using colors that are difficult with G1 parts, although I have to say Chisairo could use a bit of touching up on the front. The Rahkshi foot and lift arms just don’t quite work. I really like the color balance on Kentraac, though.

1 Like

If I ever decide to go back and change any of the Cordak (beyond Hydrani’s mask), Chisairo would probably be my first target. I really wanted to avoid using black or silver where I could and it resulted in a somewhat weird design. I think the Rahkshi foot is fine but I 100% agree about the liftarms.

Very nice Kentraac is my favourite

2 Likes

Hydrani is my favorite, I love the muted color scheme and how the light blue is dominant over mata blue.

2 Likes