The Toahunga!

s-l500

This project started out of a need to utilize the bright, colourful, and nostalgic colour schemes from the Mcdonalds exclusive promotional toys. I always personally wished the Toa Inika kept the same colour schemes, harkening back to 2001 when Bionicle insanity was the most palpable (in my opinion).

I present to you, my terrible tongue-in-cheek pun, The To(a)hunga!

Only 3/6 have been made so far. Jaller, Macku, and Hewkii;

Inspired by many different things, Lalam24’s MOC’s based around the Toa Mata body and various anime/video games

I call the weapon the “Flare Buster”

Hewkii has a desert nomad theme going for him, mixed with some kind of Samurai.

I have tried to keep their silhouettes distinct enough with their weapons and garb, but also use the same builds throughout to emulate real Lego sets.

Finally, Macku!

A little edgy for Bionicle, but her weapon is what I would describe as a “Hydro-Shotgun” which for all intents and purposes, would function as a water gun rather than a real world ballistic weapon :slight_smile:

Thanks for looking, and I’ll hopefully post the other 3 sometime in the near future!

D.E

56 Likes

Awesome. Megaman Jaller. Always nice to see Hewkii and Macku too

4 Likes

Thanks! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

ok ngl, these are freaking dope, i love them
colors are fun, i like huki’s cape, and i love maku’s torso
they are all very cool

4 Likes

Pretty interesting. I think Hewkii is my favourite, I like the cloth used on him. Though his sword is good too.

4 Likes

I really love the proportions on these.

4 Likes

These are awesome! I kinda liked the mctoran colorscheme better, so this in Toa form is great to see!

4 Likes

I love this! They look great with your torso design! Could I get a breakdown of it? Also that hand design is amazing!

3 Likes

I. Love. These. Definitely my favorite representation of the the Tohunga. Hewkii looks so dang epic.

5 Likes

Hopefully this makes it clear for you!

6 Likes

ah cool, might have to steal this design for a matoran moc maybe…

4 Likes

so great builds, clean and simple looking forward to the rest

4 Likes

I really like Huki’s sword, with the Dooku like bent handle. Overall, really great MOCs, I hope to see the other three!

EKnight

5 Likes

These are so cool, love these and your toa nuva revamps. You should definitely post these Toahunga on Insta!

Particularly love that Hewkii, and Macku is cool. I think the Jaller, through no fault of your own, just looks like ronald mcdonald in Bionicle form, but the build is very cool nonetheless. Torso design is so simple but effective!

4 Likes

I’m sure that branding was intentional considering it was a Mcdonalds promotion right? Never thought about that before xD

4 Likes

haha neither did I!

3 Likes

I’ve always adored that shotgun build.

3 Likes