The Wild Masks

hey look another sprite

5 Likes

Interesting story you’ve got so far Ghid

5 Likes

Wild is here!

4 Likes

Man, chapter 15 was amazing! I love Ren’s character arc.

5 Likes

cmon what were you expecting.

All of these thoughts runnin' through my headArm on fire, veins burnin' red Frustration is gettin' bigger Bang, bang, bang, pull my Devil Trigger

Okay so like right now I don’t know if this has been stated by anyone else yet but my current theory is that wild and the “demon” have kinda fused into one being.( I have absolutely zero evidence for this besides that it sounds really cool. ) like just imagine that the “demon” is like this amalgamation of all who have tried to harness its power before.

Anywho that’s about it, not much to go off right now, but that’s just my government mandated N01 long shot for this story.

5 Likes

Ch 7

Chapter Eight
Scars

“Sir, please move.”

It didn’t do any good. Not even grabbing him and shaking him produced any reaction, his mind far too absorbed in trying to find some guilt he could latch onto. Eventually two of the disgruntled nurses were able to drag him away from the window and seat him on a bench just opposite of it, but it would take another five minutes before his mind fully processed his new location.

But his eyes still saw Tone.

The agonized screams, the thrashing figure of his friend paying no heed to the flames licking across his body, focusing entirely on his inability to remove the powerful mask he once freely wore, so fused to his skin had it become.

And now, lying in a hospital bed in critical condition, his entire head encased in an oxygen bag, with no one allowed inside, all Ren could do was stare at him through the glass, the image remaining in his vision was allowed to wane from it.

But he couldn’t allow that to happen. This was all his fault somehow - he just had to find the proof for it. Wild dead, Race dead, Tone about to die, and-

You.” The commanding voice from his left finally drew the last traces of Tone’s condition from his mind, although much against his wishes. “You will listen without speaking. After that, you will reply.”

He was a powerful figure, despite being only six-foot-four, he felt like a giant. His gaunt limbs began in wide shoulders and ended in muscular hands, and his well-defined facial features were absolutely covered in tattoos, almost resembling some horrid demonic mask of their own, with long horns in the design running across his scalp and temples. There was barely anywhere on his whole head that lacked tattooing of some kind.

“You are Ren Fukushi.” The giant commanded, as if Ren now had to be himself for the rest of his life. “I am Oisim Makuei. Now we know each other. Now we understand.”

The peculiarity of his word choice finally drew Ren’s tired eyes toward the character, not visibly intimidated by his presence nor his stature. “What do you want…?”

“Their lives.” A large hand rested on Ren’s shoulder, the perpetual scowl remained viscerally present on Oisim’s face, waiting for the only unharmed member of the Renegade Masks’ tired mind to figure out what exactly he said. Adrenaline rushing into his system, Ren swiped the hand off his shoulder, jumping diagonally off the bench and landing in a ready stance, reaching into his open jacket for his mask.

It wasn’t there.

“You are looking for this.” Oisim turned his hand upwards, revealing the wolf mask. “I do not intend to keep it from you. Know that I could have worn it myself.” It was casually tossed into the air, with Ren cradling it in his hands as it fell towards him. “Ren Fukushi. I want the lives of your friends. Possibly more than any of them. Possibly more than you.”

“…What do you mean?” Ren’s eyes finally lifted from off the mask and onto the hard face of his visitor.

“We discuss.” The large figure turned with a beckoning gesture, and only after walking nearly the entire length of the hall turned around to see if he would follow. Ren felt the bandages around his head, as if a little pressure and gauze would undo a concussion. Could he really afford to simply walk away from Tone and place his life into the hands of this brutish stranger?

I don’t seem to have much of a choice. He jogged over, joining Oisim in the elevator as they descended below. The slow descent was completely silent, leaving Ren to hyperfocus on what exactly he might say next.

“Your leader had vision.” The giant spoke, his words as friendly and heartfelt as a block of ice with a knife inside. “He knew exactly where to strike the evil of this nation to make it bleed. Had he continued to live, he would have driven organized crime out of Japan forever.”

Stepping through a large metal door held open for him by a suited individual with thick sunglasses, he gestured for Ren to follow. “The wicked ones found the Demon mask somehow – they planned to use the power of the eyes to make a pact; to command him to do their will. Be prepared for what you are about to see.”

Ren turned towards the glass and nearly cried out in… Fear? Anguish? The word to describe his reaction seemed impossible to find. There, in the center of the room, Race lay on an operating table, practically smothered in medical cloths, the only part of her body even remotely discernible aside from her face was her exposed stomach, and this was impossible for Ren to properly see, but what did meet his eyes was a metal ring, flayed outwards at the top, attached to the ceiling by numerous mechanical arms, with all sorts of complex pneumatic devices running from it down to the cavity being operated on by seven or eight surgeons, all contributing in one fashion or another.

“She will live.” Oisim grunted, his hands folded in front of him, his knuckles nearly touching the glass. “She lost her stomach and her entire intestinal tract. This system will only do so much. She will need to unfold it every time she eats.”

“This does nothing.” His brows shot downwards until his eyes were encased in shadow. Ren had thrown a vicious punch at the glass out of pure frustration, but the massive hand of his unsociable host had swung out and caught the fist before it could make contact. “You will only harm yourself.”

Do you have any idea how tempting that option is right now?” Ren growled, his body unsure whether to start generating tears or more adrenaline. “I could’ve prevented this, I could’ve… The entire team is either dead or on death’s row. Wild is gone. I could’ve done something…

Ren’s eyes went wide for a moment, possibly due to his lack of experience suddenly being ten feet in the air and possibly due to the massive muscular hand now holding him by the throat. A look much more dangerous than any Ren had thrown around was present for a moment, but he was lowered just a second after, the large hands of Oisim straightening Ren’s collar for him and dusting off his shoulders.

“You did not kill them.” The giant spoke calmly, his eyebrows flattening as neutrally as could be managed with his facial structure, as he put way more effort into Ren’s collar than he himself had ever done in his entire life. “But you cannot leave it at that. There is a gaping wound in this city, Ren Fukushi, and we must cleanse it.”

“Or else the same monsters that did this will do it again.” One hand rested on Ren’s shoulder, the weight alone pushing his joint down, while the other swung towards the glass. “This power will go unchecked. Thousands would die. Japan would descend into chaos.”

“I have arranged a position for you at my legal operation.” Oisim strode past Ren, his hands calmly folding behind his back. “All records of you and your allies having ever been here will be eliminated in approximately sixteen hours. There is a safehouse your masks can reside at. It has the very best in medical technology hidden there. The rest of my resources are at your disposal.”

“Why… Why do you care?” Ren turned towards him, feeling his suddenly not sloppily thrown-together collar. “Why do you want a vigilante group running around if you’re still partaking in illegal activities?”

“What would you have sacrificed to save your Wild?” The cold voice replied.

Ren didn’t answer.

“Then,” Oisim rotated his head back, one domineering eyeball looking viciously out of its socket at the weary Renegade. “Do not ask me my price to avenge him.”

Ren still didn’t answer, glancing towards the bottom of the doorframe as Oisim left. After several minutes of silence, he slowly removed Rook from his pocket, wordlessly angling him towards the glass.

The silence would still be ringing for many months after.

Ch 9

4 Likes

In this chapter, Ren greatly underappreciates having his hospital bills taken care of :dizzy_face:

Futures Made of Virtual insanity

Haha guess what time it is rn :smirk:

No, because it’s muffled by an entire supermarket exterior, you’re on the clock, and security cameras exist for a reason, don’t they?

I mean…

…They also all know that it exists because Wild told them all to their faces, so…

whatever helps you sleep at night, french for bread :dizzy_face:

yeah it’s your dayjob at the supermarket :goo:

Patience we’ll get there :smirk:

Might be the next chapter, might be the one after that. We’ll see :sunglasses:

The original hitmen existing? :imp:

Why would you send reinforcements if you don’t know you need them

you’re clearly misreading things, um, I definitely didn’t edit it… read it again.

I would love to hear of another place guaranteed to have people present but not so many that they get lost in the crowd so that there are dozens of witnesses to whatever might potentially occur (that Ghid would know exists in Japan for certain :smirk:)

beat up?

They say to write what you know :goo:

we actually didn’t :smirk:

you’re clearly seeing things, um, I definitely didn’t edit it… read it again.

baseball IS a thing that exists in Japan, hmm… perhaps I can shoehorn this in :goo:

Bingo :goo:

The best kind of theory :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Interesting - I wonder what kind of connection Wild and Oisim had?

4 Likes

Tonight on Top Gear
I make a deal with the yakuza
Hammond recovers from third degree burns
And james is an inanimate object

now Always seem to be governed by this love we have

Yes but do they know that Ren has it, that’s the question :smirk:

Come on Ghid we both know that I hardly sleep at night

A park, obviously :roll_eyes:
Come on Ghid, this is so easy how did you not think of that

Killed???

No we did not.
I made a lapse of judgment whoops

Yeeeees :goo:

More than that, it’s one of the most popular sports there apparently. Must be the corruption by influence of the west, along with McDonald’s and Starbucks :dizzy_face:

I am physically unable to do the review for chapter 8 today because I’m way too tired, but there’s one thing I know I can do

@MakutaOisli

I will return to this tomorrow with a fresh mind because this chapter has some interesting stuff in it, and also there’s some stuff from ch 7 that I didn’t elaborate on last time

Exactly that, thank you :smirk:

Why do Devil May Cry 5 soundtracks go so hard

It has been approved by the Council of Theorising (NOTaHFfan and the voices in his head)

9 Likes

Cacophony of horrid laughter
Oh yes. I don’t care who this is based off of, and frankly, I don’t care. This character has me hooked. He’s cryptic, he’s unpredictable,
He’s perfect.

8 Likes

first a knife, now a mask, ol’ Rukah’s moving up in the world

4 Likes
For useless twisting of our new technology

It is certainly the question :sunglasses:

And you and I both know that’s because the animatronics tend to get a little quirky then :dizzy_face: :bear: :tophat:

https://c.tenor.com/pLmnVbqnO5EAAAAd/tenor.gif

How would they know???????????

That’s an awfully smug statement for you to make, mr. weeb :dizzy_face:

Can you make him actually read the whole story though :imp:

:goo:

Dante when he is unsure about the level of sorrow Satan is currently experiencing

4 Likes

A speaking mask that has special abilities, controls a huge artificial body and is one of the main characters. If that’s not a huge upgrade, I don’t know what is :smirk:

Oh, now there is no sound For we all live underground

Perhaps one of the questions of all time :vampire: :vampire: :vampire:

The corruption works both ways :smirk:

Unfortunately this is outside of my ability :pensive:

At first I mistakingly thought that the person who opened the door was Tone and that the corpses were a part of Rook’s imagination caused by him going insane from loneliness, but they are, in fact, real.

The theory I have right now is that these guys are hitmen that were sent to retrieve the Demon mask by the same enemy that tried attacking Ren’s workplace. And something killed them. Rook couldn’t have done that, because I assume that he has no power when he’s not attached to his body, and even when he is, his ability still doesn’t allow him to do something like this, so the only conclusion I can make is that this is the work of the Demon.

Or maybe the flat has special defensive systems against unauthorised intruders what were installed by Oisim. He seems like the kind of guy to do something like this.

Oh why do I have a feeling that this is going to go horribly… Leaving these two alone without any protection whatsoever is certainly not the best idea on Tone’s part. Somebody is about to get kidnapped for sure.

“Only” six foot four? He’s significantly taller than Ren and the story is set in Japan :dizzy_face:

All of them? All of his limbs end in muscular hands? :anguished:

I still stand by the theory that he’s a part of the yakuza. You still didn’t confirm or deny it, which means that it’s true

Ren’s full name had already been revealed before, but it attracted my attention only now. It can’t be a pseudonym because the line “as if Ren had to be himself for the rest of his life” suggests that it’s his real name, however all of his comrades are referred to by names that are clearly not real (Rook, Race, Tone) and Race has his contact saved under the name “T”, so there’s a clearly a lot more going on, even though there’s not enough info to say what exactly yet.

What I know for now is that Ren is somehow different from all the other Renegade masks. He is referred to by his real (?) name that is not related to his mask power, while everyone else has nicknames that match their mask powers…

Tell me if I’m on the right track before I start digging deeper

I have to wonder, why Japan?
None of Wild’s group are locals, yet they seem to be very well-established here and they don’t act abroad. I think that they moved here because of the Demon mask, as it’s something he seemed to be hell-bent on.

I am guessing that the story takes place in the future, given the kind of technology available to characters, like Corey’s drone, Race’s stomach and the gang’s flat

air an possibly

Rook, how did you manage to sneak in here?!
You’re supposed to be a mask in Ren’s pocket… or a bearded man with no hands crashed at the beach on a random island in the middle of nowhere while Dolphus repeatedly almost dies and cries two times, Alexis almost kills a man, Ari kills a man and goes to sleep, Mariner gets harassed by Mako, Nico is dead, jade doesn’t exist and Karl behaves like the most adequate person in the crew :angry:

@Atobe_Brick post in togav

:bell: :man:

It think it only makes sense that this man has a connection to Wild, the only question is what kind of connection is it?
Both of them seem to be demon-themed, with Oisim having demon-like tattoos and Wild having an Oni mask. Wild was after the Demon mask and Oisim certainly knows about it, so I wonder if their connection is somehow related to it…
Perhaps Oisim, who seems to be much older, was Wild’s mentor and taught him about the Demon, leading to the creation of the Renegade Masks

So anyways how do you like the book so far?

7 Likes

Pretty good. I like it

4 Likes

Ch 8

Chapter Nine
Scabs

“Calling in.”

The wide black brim of the assassin obstructed his perfectly round black-lensed sunglasses from view for a moment. He was dressed in all black, with the only exception being the tight-fitting dress shirt under his almost trenchcoat-like jacket, and stood inside the phone booth exhibiting blatant impatience.

What’s your status?

The assassin adjusted his glasses in the middle. “He broke my lens.”

Your orders were not to physically engage.” The voice replied, clearly attempting to intimidate its conversation partner, which was evidently old hat to the dark-dressed dealer in death, who wasted no time in offering a rebuttal.

“He cracked the lens from across the lake.”

There was silence on the other end for a moment. “Were you spotted?

“Almost instantly. The lake gave off too many unpredictable reflections.” A thin line of smoke emanated up from the assassin, curling over the brim of his hat. “Hit the ground right after I first fired, spotted me the moment I turned to find the kid.”

You fired? Without confirming your shot?

“I never guess.” The assassin flatly replied. “First shot is always a blank if I need a crowd breaker, and he had the ducks as cover. The girl went down the moment he did and cut me off from any clear shots. Plus he had that stupid costume on.”

We will discuss your failure when you arrive.” The voice crackled. “You’re reporting in alongside the others. There’s one or two little matters that will need to be cleared up with that news station which we may have you attend to tomorrow, which you’ll need briefing on.

The phone clicked as the call ended, the assassin slowly returning the receiver to its place. Another curl of smoke wrapped its way around his brim briefly. “Wish I was getting paid in painkillers…”

“I SAID TAKE A SEAT, GRANDPA!!”

The older man jolted, having been entranced by the security camera screens aside the steering wheel, making some kind of nonverbal apology and shuffling off towards the rear of the bus. He stopped halfway, noticing Ren staring off into space, and chose to settle down into the seat across the aisle from him as the bus lurched forwards.

“Light?” He mumbled, gripping a cigarette holder in between his lips, but after several seconds of trying to process what had been said, Ren slowly turned towards the man and gestured at the sign above his head which meant, in any language, no smoking.

“Ah.” The old man’s voice remained cheerful despite this revelation, smiling as he returned the cigarette holder to his pocket. “I suspected as much. Fortunes always change that way.”

“…It’s not my business, but,” Ren began, eager to take his mind off the frantic call Kohaku had sent not too long ago. “How come you’ve got a perfect American accent? I’ve spoken to a few people who all seem to have lived in the states.”

“Hm.” The old man chuckled. “It’s necessary to do just about anything. All the foreigners speak English, all the young folk speak English almost as a first language. It’s nearing the status of a universal language.”

When Ren didn’t reply, he took it as a free pass to continue. “It’s difficult to find purpose in anything once it loses its distinction, y’know? Had to quit holding out after a certain point and actually learn English if I intended to keep finding ways to afford food, and it seems I’ve done a good enough job if an American’s complementing it.”

“Not quite that,” Ren replied with a light smirk. “But I understand what you mean. Some things are easier to hand over than others.”

“Especially if it’s all you have.” The old man kept smiling, but his voice held a twinge of sadness. “What will I have left after this is over? My flute hardly puts money bread on the table. I don’t have any special skills that could get me anywhere in society. All my have is my culture, my language, and my home.” His fingers tapped the hard fabric case resting against his knee. “And I’m losing just about everything but the flute.”

Ren tried to think of something to say, but it cut a bit too deep and too personally for him to interject anything other than bias. The old man seemed to notice this, too.

“Don’t feel bad for me.” He smiled widely. “You’re growing up in a new world where everyone speaks together in one coherent tongue, something everyone throughout history could only dream of having the luxury of. But don’t give up what you have, even if they seem antiquated and irrelevant. So we don’t lose it all on the way to the future.”

Ren smiled briefly. “You don’t have to convince me,” He held his hands up in slight protest. “I’m still trying to learn how to use chopsticks. But you said you play the flute?”

“I never said I play it.” The old man replied, pulling a small flute out from an inner pocket. “But yes, I do play the flute. The hichiriki, more specifically.” He partially unzipped the hard fabric case and took out a stack of paper stapled in the corner. “Now if that grouch driving doesn’t mind, I’ll be happy to demonstrate.”

The grouch gave a grunt in reply.

With no verbal order to stop, and a complimentary smile from Ren reflecting back in the old man’s perfectly round sunglasses, the sharp sounds of the hichiriki filled the bus, pulling Ren’s mind off the stressful future which awaited him in mere minutes and directed it towards the melancholy of the old man’s words. What would be left after all this was over?

“You didn’t let Corey see this, did you?”

Tone slowly paced back and forth, his hands unsure where to remain, swapping between various positions on his body and never staying there for long. “Not even a glance at the door. Sent him and your coworker to pick you up, just as I said.”

“Well my having taken the bus must’ve thrown a wrench in things somehow.” Ren ran a finger across one of the grey, twisting wounds, set well into the skin, filled with swirling grooves, and devoid of any life or color. “Take Rook so he stops muttering to himself and track down my car. We can’t have anything happening to either of them until we get a handle on things.”

“You gonna be able to-”

Yes.” Ren sharply replied. “I can get rid of them. Now move; we don’t have any time to waste.”

With something of a curious glance at his boss, Tone gestured for the lumbering figure of Rook to follow, him having spent the last several minutes standing in the corner and staring intensely at the bodies, as if they would suddenly begin speaking to him. After the pair had gone, Ren swiftly walked t the door of his room and cracked it open, slamming the cot down and abruptly kneeling on the mattress.

“Wake. Up.” He growled, his eyes shut as he waited for the telltale sign of the mask’s presence. It eventually became obvious when he heard it clattering about with the pipe loosely in its teeth. Before the mask could get a word out, Ren stormed over and ripped the pipe away. “Why did you kill them?!”

" 𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝓈𝒶𝓌 𝓂𝑒 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓃𝓉𝓁𝓎." The mask replied, the same devious tone in his voice despite being on the defensive. “𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝒹 𝓃𝑜 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓉𝓇𝑜𝓁 𝑜𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓅𝑒𝓃𝑒𝒹. 𝒪𝓃𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒸𝑒𝒾𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝑜𝓇 𝒽𝒶𝒹 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝑜𝓅𝑒𝓃𝑒𝒹, 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝑒𝓍𝓉 𝐼 𝒶𝓂 𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓇𝑜𝑜𝓂 𝑜𝓃 𝒶𝓃 𝒶𝓁𝓂𝑜𝓈𝓉 𝒾𝒹𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁 𝓈𝑒𝒶𝓉, 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶𝓉 𝒶 𝑔𝓇𝑜𝓊𝓅 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓇𝓂𝑒𝒹 𝓂𝑒𝓃 𝒾𝓃 𝓈𝓊𝒾𝓉𝓈. 𝒫𝑒𝓇𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓈 𝒾𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒻𝒶𝓃 𝒸𝓁𝓊𝒷 𝑜𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝒾𝓇 𝓌𝒶𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝑜𝒻𝒻𝑒𝓇 𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓃𝓈𝑒.”

“Cut the jokes,” Ren snarled, jabbing a finger at the mask, which pretended to bite at it. “I don’t think such levity is appropriate right now. Can you make this disappear?”

“𝒪𝒻 𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓈𝑒.” The mask chuckled, floating out to the pile of bodies, the black form which emanated downwards clinging to the wall as he traveled. “𝐵𝓊𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓂𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝐼 𝒹𝑜. 𝐼’𝓋𝑒 𝑔𝒶𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒹𝑜𝓃’𝓉 𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓇𝑒𝒸𝒾𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝒾𝓉.”

The mask chortled as Ren stormed out of the apartment, locking the door behind him. I sure hope Tone’s having a better time than I am…

“GPS tracking doesn’t really help that much.” Tone complained, glancing at his phone before giving up and tucking it away. “We’re going to just have to guess based on the likeliest route-”

What?” Rook hollered above the rushing of air as he traveled forwards with no visible resistance.

“Just keep an eye out for them!” Tone replied, scanning the streets for any sign of any similar cars. “There’s so many basic boring cars in this part of the city that it’s going to be incredibly difficult to narrow down just where exactly his basic boring car-”

Don’t you have a GPS?” Rook hollered again.

It’s not very useful right now!” He yelled back. “Goodness, sometimes I really wish you had Ears so I could communicate more efficiently with-”

WHAT??

I SAID I WISH YOU HAD EARS!!

YEAH SO DO I!” Rook replied, getting flustered. “I WISH I HAD THE ENTIRE REST OF MY BODY TOO!!

“Wait.” Tone grew very quiet, his hand slightly tugging on Rook’s head to make him stop moving. “There. That rooftop. I think I’ve just found her. Set me off on the side, go in low.” He wrapped his arm back around Rook as the large artificial figure descended sharply and glided over to the edge of the roof before helping him over it.

“Not very polite to go stargazing without binoculars.” Tone slid his hands into his pockets as he spoke, sauntering forwards with a casual air. He suddenly stopped, a dangerous look entering into his eye.

“Ah. You’ve gotta be the sound guy they warned me about.” The figure said, breathing through his ever-smiling teeth. “The one who can make noises. My eardrums are ringing right now, so if you’re saying anything else I can’t hear you. Heck, I can’t even hear myself. But I’ve lost the weaknesses that go along with being in pain, so I apologize if you thought it would stop me.”

“You move, I break her arm.” His muscular hand lifted Kohaku off the ground by the wrists, his impressive six-foot-four height only overshadowed by his incredibly wide shoulders and intimidating build. “She used to cry out in pain when I did that. But I kept telling her about what would happen to Corey if she didn’t shut her mouth more often, and after she bawled a bit I guess she got the message.”

“They said we weren’t allowed to hurt civilians, but they can’t exactly see me from here, can they?” The stranger grinned even wider, the rest of his face and eyes concealed by a pointed, scowling wooden mask. “You won’t snitch though, would you?”

Ch 10

4 Likes

Tonight on Top Gear
I ride the bus
James hears even more voices then ever before
And Hammond gets ignored

Can't the future just wait Can't the deadlines come fashionably late

I love not providing an answer in-story that fits while fitting with my original plan :sunglasses:

cringe

Bingo :goo:

Now why ever would you say that :smirk:

possibly the most horrifying detail of all :hushed:

I cannot confirm or deny allegations that oisim is from yakuza zero

That was in reference to Tone, who specifically said he would be making a call in the scene prior:

:ocean::hocho:

I don’t want to say anything because I like seeing this theorizing and I don’t want to spoil it :goo:

Keep going :popcorn: :yawning_face:

I cannot confirm or deny allegations that Wild moved to Tokyo because he thought the Godzilla films were real

Brief aside but don’t you just hate how any film that takes place in “now” that has any technology whatsoever always has much greater tech than anybody actually possesses? It’s so annoying :face_exhaling:

man these new emojis suck :pensive:

@Rukah post in togav

I cannot confirm or deny allegations that my dad left me- I mean this funny guy with face tattoos is a great mentor ahaha
mods this is what is known as a Joke and a Haha Funny and I’m sure he’ll be back with the milk any second now

If you have any theories, we’d all like to hear them :sunglasses:

And that goes for everybody: let’s see if you can guess elements of the story faster than Nota can :popcorn: :goo:

3 Likes

I predict:

Something will happen

3 Likes
3 Likes

I got bit by a drawing bug again (I am having an allergic reaction, my airways have been blocked and I am about to die)

This time we have Kohaku and Corey

I pulled Kohaku’s entire design out of thin air, as there isn’t much description of what she looks like yet, so I just guessed based on the vibes of the character. It was extremely fun to put together, with all the freedom I had.

And Corey is wearing his school uniform. I tried my best to add as much Cordax essence into this drawing as possible, so the golden hair became as yellowish as possible and got paired up with blue eyes, and I added purple into the colour scheme in the form of shoes

I actually tried putting in some effort into the designs this time, unlike the previous drawing I did based on the book

So what do you all think?

I could push every goal back Take control back

I predicted two extremely obvious plot beats because they made narrative sense and they both happened, would you look at that

I am so good at this game :sunglasses:

IRL footage of Oisim Makuei

IMG_4879

I… completely botched my interpretation of that scene. For some reason I thought Ren was the one who expressed the desire to make a call

Race’s boss from the news station has actually been Wild undercover this entire time confirmed?!?!?! :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

okay maybe drawing Oisim Makuei might do the trick, but I don’t wanna risk it in case it doesn’t

I blame Marvel and Elon Musk for this :unamused:

Hey same-

I mean yeah. He is. The fact that he has tattoos covering his entire face doesn’t mean that he can’t be a great father figure :dizzy_face:

Alright, time to theorise about chapter n-

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1187759674909536327/1220417592905302016/Disappearing_emoji_meme.mov?ex=661817f4&is=6605a2f4&hm=3a8e58dc2ea84b38077292d773bdf04d97e930f1f5f3d23b046b70608365fd73&

I’ll return to this tomorrow and edit in the rest. Feeling eepy rn

8 Likes

6 Likes