Toa Hagah Canon Contest Format Feedback

that’s not what I mean by creative. You literally just ignored what I said and restated your last point.

No I operated entirely within the framework of what can be a metru build. Since both of the prior examples you said are decidedly NOT a metru build, thus leaving only the strictest meaning of the phrase left.

1 Like

Because Greg said they’re all metru builds, and like it or not he decides what’s canon.

1 Like

My stance is thus:

The first one looks nothing like the Toa Metru or hagah. Could it be a Metru build? Maaaaybe, but at that point you’re making the definition of Metru build so vague that literally anything could be considered a Metru build. Ergo, it is not a Metru build.

The second, however, looks exactly like Vakama Metru, barring the torso being different – and even then, the torso still has similarities to the official set, most importantly the chest plate. Therefore: it is a Metru build

As for the third one: that’s clearly just a photoshopped image of piruk. The torso isn’t even to scale!

2 Likes

Those are two extreme examples. Just because they don’t qualify doesn’t mean others can’t.

Greg said Helryx is dark blue

He said she was blue “like Gali” iirc, if you really want to split hairs.

3 Likes

Probably would have been a rule, too, if anyone had brought it to TTV’s attention at at point when the rules were being decided.

He was asked whether she was light or dark blue. It was a leading question, because there’s a third option. I think Mata Blue is closer to dark blue than light blue.

1 Like

If you want the remaining 4 hagah to basic metru builds that add nothing to the formula, why do you need somebody else to make it for you? Just make them yourselves. You already know how. I don’t think this even counts as an opinion, it’s a moot point.

3 Likes

a r t c o n t e s t o n l y

“oh but this White metru build instead of being White is Thok White. Oh and this one brown metru build is Pantone 448C”

I feel this line of thinking is an argument for skipping the Hagah contests entirely, not changing the rules to allow radically different builds.

2 Likes

TBH skip the hagah contests

4 Likes

Here’s the quote in question, BTW.

1 Like

replace the hagah with kojol plz @ttv <3

4 Likes

We’re not skipping the Hagah. Move on to constructive points.

7 Likes

Don’t let the vaguely Vakama esc design foul you its not a Metru build the torso doesn’t even look like the og torso.

2 Likes

Literally what is vague about that

1 Like

The trick to thinking about it is viewing it as a building theme instead of a restriction. The “theme” is a Metru build. According to that theme, color choice, color layering, mask design, weapon design, armor choice, armor arrangement, etc, there’s plenty of aspects about them that are left undetermined.

That being said! Once again, that’s why the “artwork only” option exists in the poll, though it looks like people aren’t too crazy about that at this stage.

9 Likes