Toa Hagah Canon Contest Ruleset Feedback

I think I’ve used this quote three times already.

Breaking one rule doesn’t mean they break all of the rules.

I’m not sure.

And that’s why I included the part about Norik’s mask. Not only is it the wrong shape, but it is in the established shape of an existing Kanohi.

But it also doesn’t mean that they can’t.

1 Like

This is one of the truest and funniest replies I’ve seen in this topic, lol. :stuck_out_tongue:
Thank you. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It’s this one: Toa Hagah Canon Contest Ruleset Feedback - #491 by b6i6o6

In it, I’m arguing that having a gold Gaaki or Kualus actually do not break the color coding because the metallic color is additional elite armor and, therefore, not part of their “basic armor” color scheme.

3 Likes

And yet Onepu and many other Onu-Matoran are purple-and-black like Ba-Matoran. Are they not canon in your mind? Because they are officially canon. Yes, if Gaaki and Kualus had gold they’d overlap with Psionics and Light, but there is nothing wrong with that. It doesn’t contradict anything because it was never said they could not overlap. Overlap between elements has never been disallowed in canon. Thus, it is entirely acceptable for them to use gold even if it was their natural armor (which it isn’t).

2 Likes

And it has nothing to do with the colours…

You don’t break the rules, that’s the point of rules.

It doesn’t matter what layer of armor it is.

Back to square 1

round and round the arguments go…
where they stop, nobody knows!

Ok but seriously I think every side of the conversation is just rehashing points at this stage. I really don’t have anything meaningful to add, so I’m just going to leave and encourage you all to continue being respectful. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Did you even read what I said at all? It’s not a matter of consistency, it was never an inconsistency to begin with.

Please, point me to where in any story material it was ever stated that color combinations cannot overlap between different tribes.

6 Likes

Yes and no, because at least the overly intricate moc used the piece thats synonymous with metru builds making it one, while the other is an impressive build its nothing more than a pretender. However to avoid starting this debate again I’ll lay it to rest now

Takanuva Stars doesn’t use the Mata torso yet it’s depicting the same figure we see in 2003.

I’d argue giving the Hagah heartlights and fingers creates a completely different artstyle from the Metru sets. Why? Because despite the Metru sets not having these features, in the story they do, thus their exlusion is part of the artstyle.

1 Like

It’s the creative moc contest vs canon appearance contest debate again. I agree with you in the sense that I would like the moc to strictly follow the sets aesthetics. However, remember that only the final art will be canon, not the moc. Therefore, the final art might have fingers and heartlight on all metru. If you decide to assemble the winning moc for your own purpose, you can ommit the heartlight and replace the finger by the usual connector.

2 Likes

…everything?
They don’t use their classical masks or armor. It could just as easily be that originally Kualus and Gaaki and Bomonga wore armor suited to their element and unique masks but because of becoming Toa Haga they were required to wear gold and gunmetal respectively.
This is the whole thing - the Toa Haga are not representative of what the actual colors of these elements are like.

2 Likes

The stars are a huge exception since they are the equivalent to todays Ninjago Legacy sets

1 Like

As much of a hassle as it would be to draw two more characters, I believe it’s necessary to make the group feel complete and to make it easier to tell how art style may be affecting the physical builds of the mocs by providing an existing reference.

3 Likes

Aye aye aye… can we just agree that while it might be nice for Gaaki & Kualus’ colour-schemes to not overlap with those with existing elemental associations, as the canon stands it’s entirely possible.

Feels like I’m seeing a lot of preferences being insisted as rules; might just be a vocal few though.

(and yeah I know I’m the one who suggested putting the mask question back to Greg, but reconsideration was all I suggested. If he confirms the current rule then I’ll accept it)

8 Likes

About Upside-down: Last answer takes precedence or what? Maybe I’ve missed something, sorry if so.

We believe in creative freedom when possible

And they say TTV doesn’t have a sense of humor!

3 Likes

Creative freedom doesn’t equal going against what is established about the characters to be depicted…

5 Likes

Okay but hear me out, what if I want it to?

2 Likes

Substitute ‘I’ with ‘we’ and you might have a point. But then I’m not sure if anyone has a mechanism to facilitate that.

Unless we had The Canon Council…

All citizens of the fandom shall have a chance to pledge their case via their local elected representative. The Council shall deliberate and decree whether they find the amendment worthy of passage. Be warned, though: For those whose cases are not not endorsed by The Council may find that they, too, shall become non-canon, and find their existence relegated to unreleased videogames and early-2001 story material. It is in this wild, untamed place that we find our protagonist, know only as ‘Thunderthighs McGee’…
Part Two Next Week! (in an Appropriate Topic)

3 Likes