Toa Hagah Team (Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard)

Finally get the chance to show my first ever Mocs. My goal was to make these as set accurate as I could, like I could actually see these being available as canister sets.

My first will be Toa Gaaki

I wanted to make Gaaki seem like a “sea creature” with the fins and scales and the hordika legs. I chose the spear tip because it looks like a trident and matches the “pointyness” of the chest armor and Gavla’s Mask of Clairvoyance.

The torso and everything was made similar to the two Hagah Sets and I showed how I got the hydruka pieces up on the arms in that position

The mask is Gavla’s Mask of Clairvoyance: Mask of Clairvoyance (Toa Hagah Gaaki) -Lovice Commission- by Galva - Thingiverse

The next is Toa Kualus

The struggle for him was finding enough flat dark gold pieces to make the armor, so I ended up going with a “light weight” armor type of look to give him an athletic look. The spear was one of the few flat dark gold weapons available, but I think it looks like a nice javelin.

Again the torso was made to be like the other Hagah. Here are pics of the torso and the shoulder deconstruction

The mask is Gavla’s Mask of Rahi Control: Mask of Rahi Control (Toa Hagah Kualus) -Lovice Commission- by Galva - Thingiverse

Next is Toa Pouks

My idea for Pouks was based of KhingK’s mask of emulation design but since I couldn’t use that I thought the Hydraxxon mask looked nice with it too. The Hordika chest and the Visorak feet’s patterns blended so nicely together (also matched KhingK’s mask too). I picked the Carrapar piece because the scythe looked kind of cool with the Hydraxxon mask.

Again made with the original Hagah sets in mind. Below is how I got the chest piece on the torso. I also made his neck come out a little just like Norik’s

The final one and my personal favorite Toa Bomonga

With only a few Flat Dark gold pieces I had to use the Nuva armor pieces but I wanted the arms to be different than Noriks, so I used the Technic Ball pieces on top of the shoulders to place the shoulder armor pieces. A couple of technic pieced held the chest armor in the right place. The Sword with the spiral around it fits a Toa of Earth because it does resemble a drill somewhat.

Here’s how I got the chest piece up and I also extended his neck forward a little like Norik again,

And the mask is Gavla’s Mask of Growth: Mask of Growth (Toa Hagah Bomonga) by Galva - Thingiverse

I hope you all like them and I hope I didn’t miss anything.

Last pic is a group shot standing proudly on top of my shelf

Edit: I forgot masks, metallic color, and spear tips can be altered

18 Likes

I like how so many people are using that one rahkshi staff piece for Gaaki’s spear. Also, I used to not like that mask of rahi control mask, but it’s growing on me.

imo these mocs are pretty nice. They resemble Norik and Iruini, but are still interesting and unique designs at the same time

Thank you! My thought process was how can I make these look like they would be 6 canister sets with enough similarities and slight differences that the canister sets had at the time and I think you can see that.

Very nicely done. Each one is unique yet squarely fits a team dynamic. The team photo is excellent. My only gripe would be

this is not a spear.

2 Likes

I know it’s technically not, I was thinking about using something else but it looks so cool.

I already took this up with TTV, and they said basically any polearm can count as a “spear” for the purposes of this contest. You should be fine.

1 Like

Hey that works for me

Thank you for entering.

Before we can accept this, we will need better size comparison photos with Iruini, as the group shot does not properly showcase his height. Please add these within the next three (3) days. Thank you.

Got it I’ll take some pics tonight when I get out of work,

edit: added pics with Iruini, they’re all about the same size because i used the exact same position to attach the hips and the neck to the torso as Iruini. The only differences would be from the length leg pieces

1 Like

I think pouks shoulder pads are good, good luck

1 Like