Toa Mangai, guardians of Metru Nui

Phew, this was a long one. Seriously, way too many members of this team.
Trying to make 11 characters with unique traits while still having some stylistic unity was not easy.
Anyway enjoy.

Name: Lihkan
Element: Fire
Mask: Hau (Shielding)
Tools: Fire Greatswords

Name: Nidhiki
Element: Air
Mask: Volitak (Stealth)
Tools: Air Scythe

Name: Tuyet
Element: Water
Mask: Korekore (Intangibility)
Tools: Barbed Broadsword

Name: Naho
Element: Water
Mask: Huna (Invisibility)
Tools: Hooked Tonfa

Name: Armir
Element: Ice
Mask: KauKau (Water breathing) Form changed to Matapae.
Tools: Energy Shields / Remote Controlled Drone

Name: Valin
Mask: Rode (Truth) Form changed to Takahi Kau
Tools: Great Twinblade

Name: Obar & Abar (The Twins)
Mask: Calix (Fate) & Whakamarama (Conjuring) form changed to Te Wiri (Scoped)
Tools: Great Halberd & Great Nagitana

Name: Radar
Element: Stone
Mask: Te Whakaora (Healing)
Tools: Clubbed swords

Name: Orvis
Element: Earth
Mask: Kakama (speed) Form change to Te Wiri
Tools: Great Shovels

Name: Trevaris
Element: Plant Life
Mask: Te whakaora (Healing) Form changed to Whakakore
Tools: Great Mace

Name: Turaga Dume
Element: Fire
Mask: Noble Kiril (Regeneration)
Tools: Badge of Office

Group Shot.

As always all comments and feedback are welcome. :slight_smile:

Credits

Also credits for the parts and colours go to.
Turret3471 Pack
Galva Pack
Bio Pack
KhingK
KingSidorak
Megawillbot
Voidhound
Mod20087
Gifthammer
Hermaeus_Jackson
MO6Z
Rothanak
KrayDay
OhluCG
Godfyr6934
Agils
Ken
Meowserstrousers
Kryakwa
Grievous
Aleist3r
Phinto_
Nattarthetimedragon
Charger0908
Voyager
HahliNuva
Vspinax
AbsolutBeginner
Valtarshol
BionicleC4
BowtiedTrombone
Knux400
Lehvak Nuva
Xio Zaku
Pasta Man64
SCMD1999
and a few of my own.

If I have missed anyone or if anyone knows any more skilled artists that have parts free for download then please let me know, I’m always looking for new parts.

47 Likes

They are all great tho my fav is Trevaris

3 Likes

Radar is gorgeous I particularly like the color scheme

Also having a drone for a Toa tool is a really cool deviation from the norm, and I’m surprised Nuparu didn’t beat you to it

1 Like

I think this is my favorite version of the Mangai. The armor is just fantastic. It looks like they’re actually wearing armor and each Toa has a unique armor set that fits really well.

2 Likes

mutters something about how only Naho and the Toa of Stone are the only ones with unknown Kanohi

Uh these mocs look pretty good. I quite like how unique each one is with their armor and weapons, so really nice job.

5 Likes

whenever you make a Toa Team, you always manage to make them look coherent but so unique and interesting, something that I’ve rarely seen with the Mangai. fantastic work.

wait is this a heyzorks reference

8 Likes

Same :slight_smile: Really happy with him.

You would think that Nuparu would have all sorts of cool tech that he doesn’t lol

Thanks, really took some effort to make them all look unique.

Descriptions updated, so now they are form changed masks :wink:

Well Orange and blue is just such a good colour scheme after all :wink:

10 Likes

Sweet

2 Likes

oo fun!
naho and tuyet are off course my favourites - but nihdiki and the ice-twin people look great!

2 Likes

Is that drone a Nektann variant? It’s amazing.

2 Likes

They all look good, but Lhikan especially is awesome and so are Naho’s tonfa. Nice work!

2 Likes

Amazing, really astounding. :+1:
All of them look great. My favorite would be trevaris. You capture all the essence of a plant humanoid figure that a toa of the green should incarnate. And I see you use my Orde weapon with a pretty onteresting way.
The Turaga Dume is also amazing. I never thought about using pieces like this for his cloth.

Believe me, you should release your custom parts, they are very interesting

2 Likes

Could be, considering the Mangai got around a bit, it’s possible that he based the design on a Nektann.

Thanks :slight_smile: He’s my favourite too. Really happy with how he turned out.
Honestly finding my self using a lot of your parts lately, the Mace, Nidhiki’s scythe and Dume’s staff are all your parts.

I’d love to take credit for these parts lol but my parts are mostly just parts modified in parts designer, usually connection parts, lift arms things like that.
I get a lot of my parts from Thingiverse like your stuff but I also stalk a certain place that shall remain unnamed for parts as well. (Please nobody ask where, I won’t link to it and given how toxic of a place it is I won’t even mention the name anymore)
I guess the point is that almost all of the custom parts that I use are can be found and downloaded for free with enough digging and research to find them :3
Almost all of Dume was made using a parts pack made by Nattarthetimedragon on Gumroad, they have made some of the base Turaga and Matoran parts that I have seen.

3 Likes

That’s so cool. I love how sleek you’ve gotten the team to look, yet still looking as part of the same unit. Splendid job

2 Likes

Nidhiki looks good in metallic green

1 Like

Figured it was appropriate, since one of the few appearance descriptions we have is that He’s all green and I decided that I wanted all of them to have Metallic Armor colours. So it was the logical choice :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Mangai are my favorite team, with Lhikan being my favorite Toa of all time. Even with my raging bias towards giving 11 Toa the same body frame, I must say I’ve been rather swayed by your takes.

Each one is unique with their own elemental flairs despite the repeating elements, and they’re all quite well presented. You did the Guardians some true justice here. Bless your creativity :triumph: :zap:

4 Likes

Thanks Syn :slight_smile:
I was originally going to give them pretty unique builds considering they are all from different locations but I figured some unification in the build but with different armours would allow them to look unique while still having a structure that made them look like an actual team.

2 Likes

I love them. While all their builds are the same, they all feel unique. I like how two of the ice guys are mirrored versions of eachother.
The weapons are great too.

1 Like

Dаmmit. As much as I don’t like the generic Mangai thing, some of the concepts are pretty interesting. Also nice to see the non-gunmetal Tuyet for once.

By the way, did you model those weapons yourself, or it’s one of the peeps you’ve credited? If so, who did which? I don’t remember seeing those anywhere

2 Likes