Toa Nidhiki(ver.Bu) - "Entry version"

Hi friends!
I’m so glad the poll has be opnened, and the contest goes on!
By the way, I once built a Toa Nidhiki’s MOC. but I heared he was in almost full-green armor.
So I redesigned him, as a MOC for “Canon contest”.

OK, please see my “NEW” Nidhiki! :wink:

【Toa Nidhiki (ver.Bu / for ‘Canon’ Contest)】

【Official Data】
Kanohi : green Volitak
Tool : Air Scythe
Element : Air
Homeland : Tren Krom Peninsula

【Concept】
In deciding on the nuances of his “green” color, I tried to reconcile the wishes of many fans that he should look as good as Lhikan’s Gold & Red, with Greg’s statement that his whole body is mostly green.
I was inspired by the coloring of the movie version of Nidhiki - darkgreen, graygreen, limegreen(trans), black, and Red eyes.

And, as a MOC for “Canon Contest”, I designed him as “His appearance is Simple, but wearing armor that looks more unique than those from other islands’ Toa, just like Krakua”.
Because his homeland is T.K.P, the same with Krakua. So I thought “The Toa who inspirated to him” may looks similar with Krakua’s one.

Set_Toa_Lhikan

On the other hand, Greg had also said in the past that his armor might look a little like Lhikan’s, so
I designed the look of his armor to be “Half of Krakua (T.K.P.) style and Metru style”.

(I’ve always had the image that Armor Designs on T.K.P might look a little “Rock” or “weirder” than on other islands due to the fact that it’s a “dangerous and harsh land”. In building the Nidhiki armor, I had most careful to show that it was from the same place as Krakua.)

(Of course, this design method helped a bit in making his appearance as Toa "an intrinsically evil person with no moral compass. I’m designing his armor to be a bit more “villain” than Krakua’s)

(His waist is movable!) :wink:

The Volitak by @MaskMaker / KhingK! Thank you for great design! :relaxed: :revolving_hearts:

“You take all the fun out of constant violence, Lhikan.” ─ Nidhiki

Thank you!! :blush: :blush: :blush: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
(About Instruction, I will share it when entring contest!)

90 Likes

Instant fav! You hit all the right points for me!

5 Likes

This is an insta-vote if you decide to enter the contest, though somehow I feel like you might get some flak about the mask, not sure how, but I can feel it in my bones :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Fantastic MOC overall. I really appreciate the dynamism in the way you pose your MOCs.

6 Likes

i think the moc is very good!
the only thing i would say is to change the transparent green bohrok eyes on his shoulders into black ones or transparent lime green ones, to make the color scheme a little more cohesive.
besides that one little thing, i think you did amazing!

1 Like

Thank you @KanohiReqi ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
I’m glad you like it! :wink: :blush: :blush: :revolving_hearts:

Thank you @Winger ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
I can understand what you wanted to say, sure, this is 3D mask.
But at the end of the day, even if this MOC wins, there is still a chance that the art contest will change the design of the mask. (In fact, Helryx and Artakha were so. ) Since his Volitak is canon, I think the agenda would be “what does the Volitak look like” if it were to be changed.
So I decided to stop worrying about it and just use my preferred Volitak for the MOC, and let the artist decide in the art contest.

Well, before that, I have to victory with this MOC, so that’s first. :rofl: :rofl:

Thank you @GoodGuy2006 ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
Yes, that’s the point.
I was very anguished about the color of the Bohrok eye on my shoulder.
At first I went with black, of course, but that would have made his shoulders very black and clashed with the impression that the whole thing was green.
(I designed his back’s black are same color method with Norik and others)

Next, I tried a transparent lime green, but this time the strong impression of transparent lime green seemed to be too assertive and had the opposite effect of destroying the overall color.
(I placed the transparent lime green on his ankles to emphasize his post-mutation features, “legs,” in addition to the exotic aesthetic of the mysterious and dangerous land of T.K.P)

As a result, I found the transparent green Bohrok eye to be a “rather dark green”, and adopted this color as a “transparent spot that you can find it if look closely” with harmony with the rest of his armor, like the Xenomorph from the movie “Alien”.

But I’m very glad and welcome advices!
Thanks again! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :relaxed: :relaxed:

6 Likes

Icing on the cake, man.

Yeah, I’m absolutely voting for this if it gets allowed. The mask debacle is still up in the air, but assuming custom Volitak designs are OK’d, I’m backing this 100%. Excellent work!

7 Likes

Thank you @Ghid ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

About The Volitak issue, I will address if custom designs are banned.
I am a big fan of Volitak to begin with, and support the hypothesis that Nuparu’s Volitak shape is the regular type.(Off course, KhingK’s design is fantastic to me. that’s why I used it)
(In fact, Mazeka, who is supposed to be unrelated to Nuparu, has a Volitak of the exact same shape.)
But If custom mask has be allowed, I feel to using it is so creative.
(I think it is effective as an example like Lhikan, or as an alternative to painting a piece in order to realize “green Volitak” too.)
(After all, at least now, I can’t say and decide any final conclusion)

Anyway, I’m very glad you like it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

I’ve actually thought about that myself, but never got around to making anything. The scythe is simple but effective. One thing I’ll say about the colour scheme is that Nidhiki is known for using stealth tactics, so the trans-lime pieces stick out a bit too much for me, but that’s a small nitpick at worst. Other than that, the design really captures the sinister look while still looking like a Toa.

Not personally how I would imagine Nidhiki, but this is just really good.

This is a really good Nidhiki but I would’ve liked there to be some more silver parts besides the ones on his weapon.

Thank you @Avaru ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
As for the possibility of trans-limegreen getting in the way of covert action, I certainly pondered it myself at one point: “Hmmm …”.

However, in the movie LoM, the mutated Nidhiki, despite being unable to use Volitak and having grown in size due to his apparent monstrous appearance, buries his body in the mountains of Kanohi right behind Vakama and Lhikan.

Also, the trans-limegreen I have adopted is that of his head, which was exposed at this time, and since he himself does not seem particularly concerned about this part of his body in his covert actions.
So, I decided that it would not be a problem by something reason, even if it was glowing, like the normal Toa and Matoran brain-pieces.

I’m very glad you said this. This was my clear intention! :smiley: :smiley:

Thank you @Rukah ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
I understand that this Nidhiki is different from the “traditional” imagination.
(off course I even built him once with Silver armor, initially with metru-body)
But after much consideration of Greg’s comments and the fact that this was a “canon contest”, I felt that I had to try something more creative.

Thank you @SomeBionicleFan23 ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

To be honest, speaking of personal preference, I still prefer silver and green Nidhiki.
However, when I decided to design him as " Toa who has same homeland with Krakua" and “half Metru body”, I made the decision to ditch most of the silver except for his weapons, to make his appearance “sinister toa”.
(I felt that if I didn’t do that, there would be no point in abandoning the “traditional Nidhiki” in pursuit of being a canon, and I would end up with a "traditional Nidhiki with a strange shape)
(I have to confess that it took a lot of courage for me to build a “non-traditional Nidhiki” and publish it as an entry MOC.)

3 Likes

The Nidhiki I imagine has more sand green.

hint hint

2 Likes

Ah, that’s … simply my preference. :rofl:
(and sorry, realy I can’t guess what you said sorry. :cry:
If I don’t have a misunderstand, You may be saying that you want Sandgreen to be used like “silver armor.”
In that case, it’s simply not my preference, and I apologize, but you’ll have to build and enter your own MOC. If it’s great, I won’t hesitate to put this Nidhiki on my MOC shelf and then hit the vote button for you! :wink: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: )

but this is very glad comment for me - I feel that there are few chances to hear the complete “favorite of each fan” as well as the advice.
I’m crazy about “greater or more beautiful things”, so I’m not confident that I’ll never be influenced by this opinion in the future. :joy: :wink:

(By the way, when I used the sandgreen, I drew up the design with the image of “organic protodermis-muscle tissue visible through the dark armor” in mind. this is the reason the sandgreen in shoulder and waist joints only)

2 Likes

No, your Nidhiki is great its just mine is different.

1 Like

If you’re ok, I want see your Nidhiki… :stuck_out_tongue: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Ok. This Nidhiki is truly amazing.

(But it‘s so long until the Nidhiki contest starts, I don’t want to wait for the Instructions so long but well, I guess I will wait until then.)

2 Likes

Thank you @Senit ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

I’m so glad to you want the inst!
But please forgive me, this is MOC for contest. So I exceptionally don’t publish inst on this MOC to prevent someone from “plagiarizing” and entering with this MOC until contest has be opened(This has written in the Rules too)
But I don’t ban someone’s “reverseengineering” , because it’s one of charms of LEGO.
So If you want its structure, please just try and error! :sweat_smile:
(And If someone use the structure, and built more “Greatly” Nidhiki, and I loved it, I don’t hesitate to vote to it)

Please show me a miracle of BIONICLE, that is the what made me continue to alive in this world. :wink: :revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

It’s not a physical model right now but like I have an idea in my head.

2 Likes

That’s sound Great! :blush: :blush: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
I can’t wait your version Nidhiki!

And I’ve ready the Green Volitak by painting! :wink:
I have no certainty that my MOC will be able to win, but there is still time for me to make sure I’m ready.

13 Likes

I definitely prefer the custom volitak over the original, but this entry is really excellent. Best of luck my friend.

5 Likes