Toa Tuyet, The Paladin (V.2) (Fanon Contest #1)

Entry picture:

And a few words from my side:
Unfortunately, autofocus of my camera broke. Which made taking pictures… a bit of a pain. Hence only a very limited number of them. For more details I therefore recommend checking out V.1 of this build, which is exactly the same except for small changes to the sword, upper legs and back of teh torso as well as minor recolours. What this update mainly was for was to improve knee articulation from not quite 90° to 90°.

Now here’s what I can offer you in terms of more pictures:

The build is Inika-scaled which you can see with the old version:

In order to not make myself suffer through taking breakdown pictures, I created a simple Stud file (originally created in LDD, then finalized in Stud, so in case anything behaves weirdly that might be why). For the head build specifically, you can also check out this topic which gives you pretty much everything you need to know about the core structure of the head.

Stud file:

If that doesn’t work make sure to tell me.

Otherwise, enjoy! C&C as always appreciated.

31 Likes

Ah very nice. I quite like that sword design, custom mask, and the use of gunmetal. Neat!

1 Like

That custom head is spectacular!

1 Like

Thanks!

I think to this day this also has been the custom head that took me the longest to devise.

3 Likes

oooo very cool!!

1 Like

Why not use a mask? I’ve never seen a Toa before with a custom head and no mask. It’s an impressive head, though.

2 Likes

Probably because Gilahu wanted her to have an original mask and doesn’t like 3D printed masks. Gilahu also used the same head for Helryx.

3 Likes

Ah, that makes sense.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m neither big into painting nor into buying 3D prints, so custom head it was to have a unique “face”.

I do like making stuff work with normal Lego parts, too.

You did an amazing job on the head. I’ve never seen one that looks so much like the mask before!

1 Like

That’s impressive

1 Like

NOICE x100

1 Like

Great build, also great frame you’ve got there

1 Like