Toa Tuyet, The Paladin

Decided to build a Tuyet to go with my Nidhiki.

She can also do a one-handed handstand.

Group shot: I’ve got a Lhikan by now, too, but he’s missing one piece on his back, so until I have that I won’t upload him.

As said, I wanted to build a Tuyet, too, to go with my Nidhiki. At this point I might actually build a full Toa Mangai team.

Challenges with this MOC were the sword and using gunmetal as the armor colour. Tuyet canonically wields a barbed broadsword, so of course I needed to incorporate barbs into it somehow. That went at the cost of having an actual blade, but if you imagine the barbs to not be rounded and instead sharpened on both sides, it would probably still yield a quite functional sword.
The knees this time unfortunately can’t bend full 90° since the Inika armor on the back of the legs is slightly in the way, but it looks good enough that 80-85° are justified, I think. While working on the shoulders, I thought that would be the toughest part to get some gunmetal incorporated, but it turns out those whatever-they-are-called work quite nicely.
The head design - if it isn’t obvious already - is the head design I originally used on my Helryx, but a little recoloured and slightly modified to look a bit different. Spent far too much time on that to simply scrap it. If anyone’s interetsed, I also uploaded instructions for it.

Otherwise, not much to say, hope you enjoy!
C&C as always appreciated.

40 Likes

Great MOC!
I love that full-built mask, and sword, it’s so creative! :blush: :blush: :clap: :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

Will you take part in the future canon contest with this MOC?

Wait a second…this is just your helryx moc.

Edit: IT IS?

I WAS JOKING!

5 Likes

I like the torso and arm designs looks like a better version of the toa metru torso and arms.

1 Like

well it can’t exactly be Helryx anymore if that’s not canon, is it?

3 Likes

Technically you’re correct :dizzy_face:

1 Like

I like the custom head and mask. It’s maybe too big but it works. The thing I like the most is the weapon, is simple but it have a really interesting shape.

2 Likes

Actually, the only things that are a straight copy are the upper legs and the most of the head. While teh torso might look very similar, it’s actually built differently, though admittedly that’s not that apparent without removing the armor.

I don’t like letting decent designs go to waste and all Toa look at least similar (or should), so it works for me.

Also this :stuck_out_tongue:

If it comes to it - yes. Though I have a few slight improvements/additions in mind for that. Can’t just upload the exact same thing again.

2 Likes

Really great stuff. That custom head is off the charts man.

2 Likes