Transformers: Beast Machines

Now, I personally am not a huge fan of the show. But I do love Beast Wars, and being the creator of the Beast Wars Topic, (Shameless plug is shameless) I feel I have a responsibility to make this one, for the all of 8 people in world who like this show. /s

As for everyone else, I know what you’re thinking.

And I get it. I feel that way to.

So I figured we could just talk about why we don’t like it. :smile:

4 Likes

How come even though it was made 3 years after Beast Wars, it looks like it has worse animation. Seriously this look like it should be made by Video Brinquedo.

3 Likes

That’s something I’ve often wondered my self. Another major problem I have is the character designs. While I really like the designs for the Veicons (Except Strika) I absolutely despise the look of Megatron, in any of his forms. There are some others I like to. Like the Diagnostic Drone.

And as for the Maximals… Its 50/50. I absolutely LOVE the beast mode designs. Especially Cheetor’s. I just think they’re amazing. On the other hand though, I hate the robot modes. Especially Cheetor’s. But the thing is, out of all of the designs, the bad ones are more frequent, and seen more often. So it overall just leaves me with a bad impression.

1 Like

It was pretty cool, but it never loved it

2 Likes

It wasn’t super bad, but it couldn’t even dream of holding a candle to Beast Wars.

1 Like

Literally the worst insult you could give to anything ever.

All I remember of this is like some lion dude attaching to Optimus Prime’s arm, if that’s even the right show.

2 Likes

This has to be my least favorite Transformers series.

2 Likes

At least I could understand the plot and the reason they were there, unlike one movie franchise we all know and may or may not love
But seriously I don’t think bay formers are too much better when it comes to story

2 Likes

I liked Beast Machines, and had a good concept. It was just a weird way to end off that continuity.

2 Likes

shouldn’t this go with Beast Wars since they work within the same continuity?

2 Likes

It is a separate and very different show. It would sorta be like saying Beast Wars should be a part of a G1 Transformers cartoon topic.

I personally just don’t eknoledge it as cannon. In my opinion, when Beast Wars ended, the maximals went back to cybertron, were recognized as war heroes, Dinobot was given a full pardon, and Megatron was punished for his crimes. And Beast Machines was an alternate universe or something. Maybe I should try the two anime.

Oh I wish it was

1 Like

Have you watched the anime?

Wait there was an anime?!?!?!?!
I thought you were joking

2 Likes

Well you see, japan flipping LOVED Beast Wars. So they decided to make two different anime. Beast Wars II (Or Beast Wars The 2nd) and Beast Wars Neo. However, I’m not sure which one came first, or how good they are, seeing as I have never watched either of them. I would like to someday though.

One day I will sit down and watch it, but not today, not before Beast Wars.

1 Like

You haven’t seen Beast Wars yet? Trust me, you will LOVE it.

As long as you can ensure a little cheese at the beginning

1 Like

Yeah, there is that. But the worst cheese is really only in the first few episodes. Except for “The Low Road”. While not a bad episode by any means, it still has a bit of cheese. Most of season 1 is still really goo though.
I find it funny how that more of the Beast Machines topic, has been about giving Beast Wars praise, rather than talking about Beast Machines. Maybe we should move this conversation to a more appropriate topic.

1 Like

Beast machines…I only saw the first few episodes, then dropped it. It was pretty…bad to say the least, I hated the character designs, and the entire thing sounded like a good idea…just executed and animated horribly.

2 Likes