Transformers: Dawn of a New Age

The Junkion woman takes the vessel’s command key from a compartment in her thigh and hands them to LD-L1. “I’m thrilled to be doing my part,” she says.

Her ship is an older model that, like many Junkion ships, has been heavily modified from its original design. It is a squat, boxy thing, with huge engines sandwiching the craft’s main body. A laser cannon is mounted on the right side, probably used mainly for cutting up space debris.

“Now ain’t that somethin’!” Riveter laughs, amazed. “I mean, you really do look human!”

“That you have,” Overgrowth says kindly. “You may wish to visit the armorers of Primogenitum some time- they work they do is not dissimilar to your own.”

1 Like

Oh my god, the song from that one cartoon was telling the truth all along. Chicks really do dig giant robots!
Niko eagerly thought to himself.
Okay, okay. Calm down. You gotta play it cool, or you’re gonna blow it. I know it’s hard to get over how awesome she is, but you can’t let that trip you up.

“Pri-mo-gen-i-tum?”
Nova responded curiously. She had to carefully sound out the word when repeating it, as not to risk completely butchering the pronunciation all together.
“I’ve never heard of it. What’s it like?”
She asked.

2 Likes

“Thank you ma’am, you shan’t be parted from her for long.” He says, half-bowing, before getting into the craft. He began flipping switches and turning dials, preparing for takeoff. He turned the engines up so that he began to raise off the ground. The engines then turned forward, and he flew off towards the tomb.

—————-

“Feels, smell and sound like one too.” He said, smiling at her. “Not sure why Primus gave me this alt-mode, but i’ve certainly made good use of it. Comes in handy in my old job, was a law officer on a cybertronian-human mixed world.”

2 Likes

“Primogenitum is the world of Prima, the Warrior of Light” Overgrowth tells Nova, her voice taking on a reverent tone. “It is his resting place, as well as that of the Star Saber, and the home of the Order of the Knights of Cybertron. It is a beautiful planet- though as I am native to it, my assessment may be somewhat biased.”

The ship- named Grunt according to its identification codes- isn’t the most maneuverable thing, but it’ll get LD-L1 to the Pulsar without much trouble. It has no additional armaments apart from its laser cannon.

After flying for some time over the northern plains, Grunt’s sensors register the Pulsar’s transponder. The yacht is on a similar heading, and the glow of its engines can be seen ahead. Far off in the distance on the starboard side, another vessel can be seen. Its features are indistinguishable for the moment, but it appears to be on an intercept course for the larger ship.

“You must be talkin’ 'bout Amity,” Riveter says. “I can sure imagine how it could’ve helped you there. Does any of this goin’ on now have somethin’ to do with your old job?”

1 Like

Concerned, LD-L1 turned up the engines, and began heating up the cannon. He wasn’t sure what this ship was up to, but he intended to find out.

“Maybe, maybe not. I’m digging through the library case as it stands, can’t tell you more than that. Sorry.” He transformed back to his robot mode.

1 Like

As LD-L1 and the mysterious vessel both approach the Pulsar, the cultist can make out more of the newcomer’s features. It appears to be a human-made combat dropship, with an angular black hull and rotating engine blocks on either side of its frame. A pair of missile pods are mounted beneath the dropship’s wings. A long tail extends from above the ship’s troop bay, and a cube of dark green metal is currently mounted on the tail’s underside. The craft’s nose pitches upward as it draws closer to the Pulsar, and it begins to climb above the yacht.

OOC: for a better visual reference, the dropship probably looks very similar to this old concept art for the Pelican dropship from Halo Reach. While it clearly isn’t 100% in-line with what I’m describing, I hope this still helps.

(Credit to Isaac Hanaford)

IC:
@DuneToa @MakutaOisli @MaxinePrimal

Well within earshot of those on the bridge, the sensor monitoring console begins to chime urgently.

“Your friends wouldn’t tell me much, either,” Riveter says with a sigh. “I guess I understand- can’t go blabbin’ about these things to just any ol’ bot. Still, a lot of us regular folks are pretty anxious. Most of us are trynna hide it, but…”

1 Like

“Hmmm.” Stonefist thought out loud. “Might have to get Aralysa to take me there.” the rocky bot replied.

At this point, even though she was having a wonderful time with the holograms, Aralysa was beginning to get a bit bored.
“Well, that was nice.” the Hecatan said, while turning off the projector. Now that she was finished with it, she pondered where to go next.
Maybe someplace more populated… With this thought, Aralysa started heading for the Pulsar’s bridge.

1 Like

Salvage looks past Oreo and Axis as Aralysa enters the bridge. “And as usual, the bridge becomes the preferred gathering place,” he observes. “Man, I missed this.”

The chirping from the sensor monitoring console persists. Salvage frowns and glances in that direction.

“Hey, uh, what’s going on there?” He wonders aloud.

1 Like

LD-L1 attempts to hail the unknown vessel. “Unidentified Flying Object. Please state your business flying so close the the Prime’s craft.”

“To be honest with you, i don’t know much myself. The prime just called me, asked me to come along, and left it at that. Sorry about that, I want this over with as much as you do.”

2 Likes

“Our business is none of yours,” replies a male voice- perhaps the dropship’s pilot. “Change course and bug out, if you know what’s good for you.”

As he speaks, the dropship swings above the Pulsar and turns to match her heading, only about thirty feet above the yacht.

“I guess the sooner you get goin’, the sooner that’ll happen,” Riveter says. “The drones have been getting the skimmer ready while we’ve been talking- she’s all yours.”

1 Like

“That doesn’t sound like anything good to me.” Aralysa remarked. The Hecatan transformer made her way over to the console to try and see what the problem was.

1 Like

Nova smiled.
“Definitely sounds like a nice place. Sounds a hell of a lot better than my old home at least. I’ll have to give it a visit if I ever get the chance.”

Axis flapped up on to the control console, and pushed down on the radio with one of her bird feet, trying to contact the approaching ship.

“Attention unidentified vessel. This is the shuttle Pulsar, captained by Axis Prime. You are to identify yourself and state your intentions immediately.”
She said sternly.

“If we ever get the chance, I’d be happy to show you around.”
Low-Tide offered.

2 Likes

“I don’t think they’re here for peaceful terms. That much is obvious.” Kitai said. His wings fluttered.

2 Likes

The Pulsar’s exterior cameras show two ships in close proximity. One appears to be a human-made dropship, and is flying right over the yacht’s hull; the other is a Junkion craft of unknown make. Both are armed, and according to sensors, the Junkion ship is charging its weapon.

The communications system shows that the human dropship is receiving Axis’s message, but for whatever reason, its pilots are not responding. Worryingly, armor plating beneath its cockpit slides away to allow a rotary gun to lower itself into view. The green cube mounted on the craft’s tail detaches and falls onto the Pulsar’s hull, transforming as it descends into a boxy mech. Magnets in the robot’s feet secure it to the white metal, and it reaches behind its waist to grab a weapon that was secured on its lower back.

“I am sure you will,” Overgrowth says. “It is a whole galaxy of opportunities out there, as your people used to say.”

1 Like

Instinctively, Kitai launches himself at the glass window in the front of the bridge, putting his full weight into it.

2 Likes

Salvage quickly ducks as Kitai leaps over him and smashes through the viewport, erupting into the open air in an explosion of glass and a harsh shattering sound. Right after the hybrid passes through, an emergency energy shield materializes where the window had once been.

What the Pit, dude!?” the red Junkion screams. “There was a door- there’s like a million doors on this ship!”

3 Likes

Stopgap had come to a conclusion when the fight had concluded. It was clear that this band of warriors was capable, but they weren’t capable enough to serve him in his accession. This revelation brought to light just what the gods had planned for him to regain his place among them.

They want me to interfere?

Alas, that was why he was here now, hiding behind a stack of crates in the shuttle’s cargo hold listening in for any sign of them landing. truly, this was the newest low of his life. there he was on the cusp of greatness and here come the gods ruining his plans once more.

Truly there was no spark lower than his.

2 Likes

Ignoring the Junkions annoyed cry, He turned to the mech, annoucing a broadcast in screaming quintesson.

3 Likes

“Primus give me strength.”
Axis grumbled. She quickly switched the ship’s radio to internal comms.

@ajtazt @keiththelegokid @Rukah @N01InParticular @BlackBeltGamer98 @ToaNoah_Wafflemeister @rainsong @DuneToa

“Attention all hands! A hostile craft has approached our vessel. Either brace yourself or prepare for combat!”
The Prime announced.

Axis transformed into her robot mode and summoned the Star Calibur from subspace. Her hand had healed by now, but her shoulders still wore the scars from her fight with the insecticon.

Maximus came rushing into the bridge. Gauntlets already equipped.
“What’s going on? What’s the situation?”

He then noticed Axis had transformed and armed herself.
“What do you think you’re doing?”

“What does it look like I’m doing? I’m preparing for battle.”

“No way! You still haven’t healed. You need to rest. I’ll handle this.”

“Maximus, darling, as honorable as that is I refuse to stand idly by while this ship is under attack.”
Axis replied harshly.

“Oh come on!”
Nova angrily shouted.
“Just when I thought I’d get a chance to rest.”
The girl went back inside and boarded her mech. The large backpack detached and hit the cargo bay floor with a loud thunk. Niko quickly jumped off and ran into his own mech.

Gungnir then rose back up to its full height. One arm reached behind its back and retrieved a large shield with a bladed tip and two long cannon barrels on its surface.

“Who do you think it is?”
Niko asked as Ferrex walked up to Gungnir’s.

“I have no idea. But if they’re going to interupt my peace and quiet, they better be ready for a hell of a beating.
Nova replied, reactivating her low and rumbling voice filter.

@Rukah

“Combat? Man, that doesn’t sound good. I think I’m gonna sit this one out.”
Low-Tide remarked.

2 Likes

“Alright, thanks a million. See you again soon sweetheart.” He days, climbing into the vehicle, and preparing to start the engines.

———

Seeing as the humans opted to take hostile actions, LD-L1 opted to nip their boarding manuever in the bud. He carefully aimed for the mech before fireing his anti-asteroid laser. Surely mineing equipment would be more than capable of destroying, or at least severely damageing the mech.

2 Likes