Transformers: Dawn of a New Age

“Avalon huh? Isn’t that where all those little human-dudes are from?”
Low-Tide asked curiously.

2 Likes

“Indeed.” XM-333 replied. “I’m more used to them than… Cybertronians.”

3 Likes

Kitai starts to relax a bit more,his wings resettling in to a more comfortable position.
"Thank you."He says to Zipline.“So,should we get going?”

1 Like

“This place sure looks…busy.” Stonefist rumbled as the rocky transformer surveyed the Iacon area around the spaceport. His companion grinned.
“Sure is a lot different from what you remember, right?” Aralysa said sweetly. She gazed around as well. Bots and beings from all over the galaxy seemed to populate the crowd. And with the current state of the city, that might well be true, the purple and blue Cybertronian thought. Stonefist grunted.
“Let’s get to somewhere less crowded.” he replied.

3 Likes

A small gathering of onlookers had coalesced by the feet of Niko’s mech, listening in as he played. The group mostly consisted of humans and cybertronians, and they seemed to like what they were hearing well enough.

Iacon had always been a busy city, but it hadn’t been this busy in ages. The spaceport was bustling with activity as vessels from all over the cybertronian worlds- from all over the galaxy- docked and offloaded crew and cargo. The ancient Space Bridges thrummed with their cosmic energies as visitors from offworld streamed through them and into the city streets. Merchants and showmen had set up shop by the roads to tempt both tourists and natives alike: astran craftswomen and gigantion builders advertised art and tools, off-duty bellatorans sold surplus weapons from their world’s vaults, and human vendors offered fried Earth delicacies for those with a need (or simply a want) for food. Like Niko, there were many who played instruments, or engaged in mock duels to entertain crowds of onlookers.

Through it all, officers of the Iacon Police Department idly patrolled the streets, ensuring the safety of the celebration’s participants. Knights of Cybertron also stood guard, and humans and cybertronians alike would stop to gaze in awe at these quasi-mythical figures. There were many dignitaries and politicians in attendance, each one accompanied by a host of bodyguards. Virtually all the leaders of the New Imperium’s colonies could be seen, along with some representatives from various human nations.

There were many interesting conversations taking place between humans and cybertronians. The two species, once allies, hadn’t seen each other in quite some time, to put it mildly. There was a lot for both sides of the conversation to catch up on.

“How has it taken you ten thousand years to rebuild your home planet?” one cybertronian could be heard asking a human male. “Cybertron’s been torn up plenty in her time, and we’ve always put her back together quick enough.”

“You haven’t been to Earth very recently, have you?” the human replies. “Trust me: the Final War was that bad.”

4 Likes

Jade Dragon found himself drifting towards that of the human vendors. His eyes scanning the surrounding area to see if he could ascertain anything related to his practice of martial arts. He was of course quite excited to see if he could even meet these ‘teachers’ of the martial arts, after all while not formally trained in their ways, he did his best to practice them based on what he read. If he was able to, the warrior of Bellator would like to speak to such a teacher and ask them of their wisdom conscerning that of the path of the warrior and those that follow the practices of these martial arts.

Perhaps it was a good thing that she didn’t have the answers, but even so that thought disturbed Machina X more than having those answers. For what could make an answer so horrible that it was better to leave it as a question?

Machina continued her path and eventually found herself at a bar. She sat down at the counter on one of the stools, taking in a short breath before ordering a beverage. After taking a sip, she swirled the drink and watched the liquid calm. It was a habit of hers and a visual reminder to calm her thoughts.

The lost child began to grow more and more disheartened as he continued his search. This was such an important event, surely his father would have shown for it. Wasn’t he one of those heroes of recent times? Argyros Asrar shook his head and pouted. His grumpy eyes down cast as he made sure not to run into the people of the crowd. There were humans here, and they were especially small, and he believed his father would be disapointed if he caused a scene on such an occasion. It would be completely unlike his father to do so. What was he, some sort of battle-crazed savage that hungered only for the death of others and the conquest of those weaker than him? Surely not!

2 Likes

Among the performers, Jade Dragon could spy both masters and amateurs alike, from every species, demonstrating their martial prowess to their audiences. Bellatoran transformers had their own brutally-efficient style of hand-to-hand combat, drilled into them from the moment they emerged from the Well; while predacons from Eukaris or Spirabilis emphasized overwhelming strength and aggression over technique. Humans, of course, displayed a fantastic variety of styles and philosophies in their performances- but none of the fighters here today showcased anything that Jade Dragon didn’t already know himself.

Argyros Asrar would not find his father in Iacon today. However, if he wandered by a park near the Primal Basilica, he would see a large monument made of precious metals, with life-size depictions of the heroes who had slain the Heralds of Unicron five thousand years ago. A statue made in Asrar’s image was among them.

2 Likes

Firestorm flew in and was looking pretty good with his armor and transtector all cleaned and upgraded.

OOC: GTG; work. Gonna be extremely spotty if at all active.

2 Likes

Roaster was in the middle of a headspin when Barrage approached and asked his question. She almost didn’t catch it at first and thought for sure her spinning was getting to her.

“What!?” She shouted as her spin slowed.

She put her hands to the ground and launched upwards, landing closer to Barrage. Though her dancing did not stop, legs kicking side to side.

“What do you mean?” Roaster asked, smile wide and gleaming eyes filtered by confusion. “How could have you not heard?! We’re accepted again! Everyone’s friends!”

As she explained this, another thought came to her. Maybe this bot just shy or didn’t know how to party. It was a terminal condition among many of their kind, it just didn’t come naturally to some. So she reached out to grab one of Barrage’s arms and attempts to pull him in with the dancing.

“Come on, have some fun! Cybertron doesn’t get do to this often.”

Despite better judgement, Tokamak approached this group to interject.

“I’d believe it. I mean, have you heard how much trouble the humans have in maintaining roads? And you expect them to fix a planet that easily?” His tone was light hearted and joking, but it could be mistaken.

3 Likes

Firestorm’s celebrity status quickly began to make itself apparent- one couldn’t save the galaxy without garnering a fanbase. As the flew into the city, people below raised cameras to take his picture. Others also took out precious belongings, hoping to adorn them with Firestorm’s signature.

The human male nods in Tokamak’s direction, taking his entrance into the discussion in stride.

“This guy gets it,” he says. “Gotta cut us poor insects some slack.”

2 Likes

“Ah now don’t go that low. What insects do you know that made NASCAR? It was NASCAR, right? I’ve heard so many of your cool races, I keep getting the names mixed up.” Tokamak adds.

4 Likes

“That sounds about right,” the human says. “Not one for racing, personally. I’m more of a mecha-Hockey kinda guy.”

He was an athletic-looking human, with tanned skin and long dark hair, and he wore simple spacer clothes- the kind that could be cleaned or mended with minimal effort, or perhaps cut up to use in an emergency repair.

1 Like

“I know a place.” Aralysa said, gesturing to her friend. “Come on.”
The two transformers ventured on through the crowds, eventually coming to the front door of one of Aralysa’s favorite bars. Stonefist looked through the masses again. Noticing Firestorm, he pointed to the gold-armored Cybertronian and asked gruffly,
“Who’s that? And why is he so popular?”

3 Likes

“Far out dude.”
Low-Tide said excitedly.
“I’ve never actually seen a human before. Heard about 'em plenty, but never seen one. What’re they like?”

As Niko finished out his song, Ferrex lifted its head and gave out a mighty roar, punctuating his performance. The Mikesu looked at the crowed with an excited smile. He waited to see their reaction before doing anything further.

Axis decided to walk about the streets and enjoy the festivities. Maximus stayed close by her side, Onix Gauntlets equiped in case anyone tried to jump them.

The prime had a pleasant smile as she waved to and greeted the bots around her. Eventually passing by Jade Dragon.

@Chromeharpoon

Amidst all the noise and commotion, a blue-green and yellow robot made their way through the streets. They tried to draw as little attention to themselves as possible, but with a large boxy backpack and two massive cannons folded against their back, that might have been easier said than done.

“Of all the times I needed to make a lousy pitstop, it just had to be on interstellar robot day, or whatever the hell this is.”
They grumbled to themselves.

The robot quietly slipped into a small parts shop that luckily didn’t seem too busy. They tried to look for the part they needed, but everything was written in a language they didn’t understand.

Unfortunately it seemed they’d have to stoop to the last resort. Social interaction. The robot quietly approached the main desk and looked for the shop-keep.

2 Likes

“Absolutely,” Cargo says. He tips his bowler hat back and scans one side of the street and then another. “This way, I believe.”

Zip will follow begrudgingly. After a bit, he may approach Kitai and say, “Hey, are you some kind of actor or something? Cargo still hasn’t said anything about it being my birthday, I’m thinking he’s got some sort of big surprise planned, even bigger than this!” He gestures to the crowd. “Also, are those wings real, or did Cargo just have you wear them to make me jealous? Because I’ll tell you, I’d take the dragonfly-style than the butterfly any day of the week.”

3 Likes

The Jade Dragon smiled, “It is good to see others that practice!”

The cybertronian crouched down to be closwer to the humans, “Please tell me honorable seniors, how long have you been on the path of martial arts? Is there any sure route to your success that you could pass on? I’ve read in your human tomes about rare ancient techniques such as using one’s ki to perform extrordinary feats, is any of you capable of such feats?”

Jade Dragon had just finished his question when Axis had walked by him. His head shot back in disbelief of who he had just seen. His eyes showing a great appreciation for this moment of reprieve compared to that of his homeland.

Argyros found himself before the statue. If cybertronians could cry, the Argyros Asrar’s tears were six small rivers pouring down his face. These forms before him, these were the heroes he had heard of from his father, and he could vaguely put together two other members of the group his father was a part of. They were almost obvious to him, the one who was a sword and the other one the faceless one. His father only mention them and soem others in passing, but seeing the image of his father brought the young predacon a sense of peace.

Machina took a few more sips before opening her mind to the concept of socializing with those around her. Her first attempt would be to open a casual conversation with the bartender. She smiled at the cybertronian and spoke, “Has it been a busy night for you?”

2 Likes

“These wings are real my friend.” He said, very peeved at how ignorant
Zip was. “Also, this is a celebration that CyberTron is now reopened to the milky way. Not a birthday party.”

1 Like

Zip raises a finger as if to object, but then puts it back down. He narrows his eyes at the back of Cargo’s head. ”Sure, it is.”

Kitai might notice Cargo nervously focusing on moving ahead.

4 Likes

Firestorm does manage to angle his flight to get some pictures and Dark is just soaking in the praise and fame. Firestorm does keep him in check, giving some signatures but he does try to meet with some of the humans in his smaller form, his Transtector secured against mobbing fans who may try to hijack it.

(He also gives some autographs to be polite)

3 Likes

XM-333 thought for a moment.
“Small.” They began, unsure where else to start. “And strange. They have the oddest of habits.” The war machine gazed out over the crowd of Cybertronians. “Not unlike the people here.”

4 Likes