Transformers: Salvation Signup and OOC Discussion Topic

Yeah, salvation is great, though I wish I could join in

Yes.

Nope. Weā€™re still on Omega.

I feel like Iā€™ve said this before, but you are very much welcome to rejoin. If Iā€™ve given the impression of otherwise, I do apologize.

At this point, I would recommend making a new character just to make rejoining easier, but if you want to keep playing Revus, thatā€™s fine.

1 Like

Are people fighting the jellyfish?

Theyā€™re about to.

1 Like

Okay thanks.

Sorry; I have to go again.

2 Likes

No worries!

Hey, Chrome? How many flying, artillery and warrior Insecticons are on Salvation and able to join the fight on the jellyā€™s head?

This whole energon sucking black cylinder thing reminds me of this episode.

2 Likes

Oh thatā€™s right, you guys picked up some additional insecticons a while back.

Iā€™ll get on that. Thereā€™s a good example of player choices affecting the narrative.

Also, sorry for the diminished activity; Iā€™m helping a friend move this week.

3 Likes

No worries.

I have one request for the Insecticons: unleash the swarms upon the creature from the lake and to get the jelly to release the Salvation, please. Without killing or seriously injuring it, of course (if possible)

Itā€™s cool. And stop apologizeing. Thereā€™s no need to apologize unless itā€™s something you did wrong. Like, dropping your computer in the water because you were doing something stupid.

I will keep that in mind. Thank you.

I hope yā€™all are enjoying the combat so far. I figured I couldnā€™t have you guys go without a decent battle for much longer.

Also, remember how I said I was going to try to incorporate the environment in fight more? Iā€™m gonna try that out hereā€¦

1 Like

question, would it godmodding if my character attempts to block two of the attacks, but I write that they fail to block the third and write out how they fail and where they might be injured?

Soā€¦ you want your character to get hurt?

I donā€™t see how that could be godmodding. Thatā€™s totally fine, if I understand you correctly. Godmoddingā€™s when someone goes to obscene lengths to avoid injury, usually.

well, the way I see it, due to how the character would react to the bullet be ricocheted, they would kinda have an ā€œaw crapā€ moment and then notice the attack, leaving them with the most reasonable option to block as many attacks as possible, which would mean blocking two out of the three, thus leaving a third confirmed hit. What I was worried would be godmodding was how that third hit might be written, b/c it would reasonably injure the character.

Yeah, this is totally fine. Like Max said in General Hangouts, you have control over how your character gets hurt, within reason. I can tell you what might/most likely would happen if a certain attack connects, but ultimately the severity of itā€™s up to you, most of the time.

Again, this is, like, the exact opposite of godmodding. Iā€™m certainly not gonna complain if yā€™all wanna injure your characters.

I was asking b/c Iā€™ve seen cases where peeps have godmodded their characters to be injured in unreasonable ways and knowing whatā€™s reasonable helps.

1 Like

Huh. That is rather surprising.

Well, if youā€™re wondering, I wasnā€™t exactly intending for the attack to be lethal. The injury would be serious, but perhaps not immediately life-threatening.

alright good to know, I was kinda thinking a semi-deep cut to the abdomen would be reasonable

1 Like