Transformers: Tournament of Terror. Sign up and discussion topic.

So do you want to just stop it here as is or just do a few more posts to get to that wrap up point? I know there isn’t much left, but at least giving a conclusion would be nice.

Though I don’t think you need to rush to the sequel. By that I mean pushing out the sequel as soon as this one closes down. If you need some time to finish stuff up for it, that’s fine. I’m sure we can use the break and come back to the sequel revigorated when its ready.

1 Like

Alright. I’ve put some thought into it, and I’ve made a decision.

As I’ve said before, this one rp and it’s sequel are merely parts of a much larger transformers story series that I’ve been planning, plotting, conceptualizing, and otherwise contemplating for the last for to five years. And after the completion of my first major public outing with this series, I’ve decided I don’t want to just jump head first into the sequel.

Instead I think a change of pace is in order. I want to switch things up creatively after having one base focus for so long. So, I’m going to postpone Rebirth of The Tyrant. Its still absolutely happening, but I’m not sure when.

In its place, I want to try something new. There’s a semi-fantasy setting I’ve been working on and tinkering with for the last couple of weeks, and I’ve decided I’m going to run a dnd style campaign in this setting. There’s still a lot of planning and world building left to do before I can launch it, but I’m certain about this being my next major project.

2 Likes

alright, let me know when either of those launches!

1 Like

The dnd campaign is gonna be a ways out, since I’m building everything from the ground up. The world, the races, the wildlife, everything. And I want to make sure its all fine tuned and perfected before I actually start working on the game.

But I will be sure to make an announcement when it’s ready.

You can just end the game right about now, I feel. With everyone out of prison and having negotiated with the Star Talons to get a planet to colonize, you can just have everyone get aboard the Iron Maw and fade to black, so to speak.

2 Likes

Excellent! Sounds like a great idea.

And while I’m here, I have an amendment to make to my previous announcement. That being my plan to indefinitely postpone Rebirth of The Tyrant, and put all my focus into my new fantasy project. Turns out that’s not how it works. This wet lump of greymatter focuses on what it wants, when it wants. And my control over it is limited at best.

I say I want to work on some subspecies names for the fantasy world. It decides we’re gonna plan out a late game decepticon boss fight.

So I’ve decided that I’m going to more or less work on the both of them sort of at the same time. If its easier to focus on the sequel roadmap, then I’ll work on that. If I’m inspired to work out some fantasy wildlife, I’ll work on that. And whichever project gets finished first, launches first. No rushing, no deadlines. Just getting stuff done.

The first one will probably be the sequel since it’s already mostly done. But don’t ask me when that’s gonna happen, cause I have no idea. Could be a week. Could be a month and a half. This is very much a “its finished when it’s finished” deal.

@ajtazt @Chromeharpoon

And that’s a wrap! Thanks for playing and sticking with this for so long. Through its shining highs and drawn out lows.

Also if either of you were curious about those giant metal beast heads in the hangar. Those are representations of former Star Talon captains. Its tradition to decorate the bow of the Iron Maw with the head of the captain’s beast mode. The six eyed dragon is Ironfang, as he founded the Star Talons. And the crow is Blightbeak, the captain before Lockjaw.

4 Likes

Hello everyone! I apologize for the prolonged silence. I’ve been rather busy for a while and haven’t had the chance to check the message boards in a long time.

That being said, for those of you who are still interested, Rebirth of The Tyrant should be set to launch in the next few weeks. Only a few critical art pieces are left before I have everything I need to get started.

4 Likes

Aight, lezz go!

1 Like

“Good news guys! It’ll just be a few more weeks to launch!”
One month later:

Yeah, I’m really sorry about the long wait guys. But that wait is finally over! The sign up topic for Rebirth of The Tyrant is finally up and ready for submissions!

5 Likes

Woot-woot!

2 Likes

Now I have to get back into the habit of frequently checking the message boards

3 Likes

How to join if I know next to nothing about Predacons and Maximals?
I have an idea for a character but that’s about it.

2 Likes

Covertly enter a gobot instead

1 Like

I wouldn’t consider this an endorsement, but if you want a decent rundown, Wikipedia or the Transformers Wiki aren’t bad places to check out. But what is and is not a Maximal or Predacon as factions and their story has shifted and changed a lot depending on the timeline.

But the short version is Maximals and Predacons are transformers that look more like realistic animals (so many exceptions apply). Maximals are basically the Autobots and the Predacons are basically the Decepticons. And that’s probably all you really need to know for the game.

3 Likes

What’s the story we’re using?

As MaximusPrimal stated in his topic, the RP’s continuity is his own mix of the Transformers story. So where it all differs and where it’s the same is hard to say. But if you want a general place to start for comparisons, probably Beast Wars?

1 Like

Oh, ok.

Basic synopsis of the maximals and predacons of my continuity.

After the Great War, Cybertron fell into an energy crisis. Not enough Energon to go around with the current population. So smaller, more fuel efficient templates were designed. Maximals, descended from Autobots, and Predacons, descended from Decepticons.

As these new breeds of Cybertronians populated the planet, they slowly worked to replace their predecessors outright, via legal exile. This event was known as the mass exodus.

In the current day, Maximals and Predacons are the ones who call Cybertron home. Predacons, being the descendents of the universally hated Decepticons, are often treated unfairly, like second class citizens.

2 Likes

Alright, thanks.

1 Like

One other quick note. Maximals and predacons tend to prefer beast modes over vehicle modes. Maximals tend to have mammals and birds, while Predacons usually like bugs and reptiles.

While these are significant trends, they are by no means strict rules.

1 Like