Trend in Interests of MB Users?

So I was reading through The "Look What I Just Got!" Topic - #9773 by TheCobaltCorsair recently, and I noticed an odd trend. Everyone’s interested in the same three things! Now, of course, one of them is obvious, being Bionicle. But a surprising number of people also seem to be interested in the Transformers and Mobile Suit Gundam. So I suppose my question is this: is there a specific term used to refer to these people who like these three specific things?
I was kind of thinking that if not, robo-hobo would be a good term. Oh, and maybe ones who also like Nerf could be called trigger-happy robo-hobos!

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POST - Spiderus Prime

2 Likes

losers on the internet?

oh specifically losers on a bionicle forum trust me this is a much bigger trend that just this site or just that topic

16 Likes

I’m not interested in transformers or into gundam…
And this is primarily a bionicle forum, so…

4 Likes

BRUH WHAT THE HECK SO MANY PEOPLE LIKE BIONICLE ON THIS WEBSITE WHAT A WEIRD OCCURANCE GUYS. :flushed:

22 Likes

It’s a lego bionicle sites: makes sense we’d also like some of the other big figure lines.

4 Likes

UPVOST THIS POST IF YOU AGREE

9 Likes

Any capacity I’d have for any other hobby goes into Bionicle :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Bioformdam fans.

Also, same here.

4 Likes

I’m into bonks, got into transformers on the 11th, because I wanted a cool toy without having to make a MOC, but I don’t really care for it outside of the toys

1 Like

They’re all robots.
Gundam=Pilotable robots
Transformers=Transforming robots
Bionicle=Organic magic robots

5 Likes

EDITED TITLE TO BE LESS OMINOUS- Cordax

Yeah, people on a forum about robot toys will probably like other robot toys.

10 Likes

Now we just need Michael Bay to direct a Bionicle movie and a Gundam movie.

4 Likes

Well my other hobbies are stuff like hiking, kayaking, exercising, trying new foods, and insect/plant identification. That just doesn’t fit well on this site though. The other things you mentioned all fall in line with this site more, so it makes sense that people would be more inclined to share it. Im sure other people here also have different interests but its deciding whether or not it fits on whether or not it is shared

5 Likes

Nonono! Not him. It should be Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni.

2 Likes

Whilst I have been enjoying the increase in respect we have seen for the franchise they’re involved in come forth in the series they’ve been working on, maybe the best choice of director(s) for a theater-release Bionicle film would actually be someone who was already familiar with Bionicle.
That being said, I’m not coming up with the names of any directors familiar with it, save for those who have already worked with LEGO.

2 Likes

Oh, but we will have one.

@TheShadowedOne1! Get those movie scripts written!

3 Likes

Well there was old news of a new live action gundam movie before 2020 alongside my hero and others though who knows what happened there. There also already is a live action gundam; we don’t speak of it.
As for bionicle it wouldn’t be good but I’d love to see an isekai plot where Micheal bay gets transported there while making the movie and becomes the new toa of explosions
I mean we already know how his stories turn out so might as well make it
Pretty and the plot as stupid as possible.

2 Likes

No idea if there’s a consolidated term for people who like all three, but for what it’s worth:

• I’m an avid Bionicle nerd.
  • I’m not really a Transformers “fan” can but can hold competent discussion about the franchise.
  • I know next to nothing about Mobile Suit Gundam beyond… big robots with people inside.

It’s weird because I even though I see plenty in common between those two lines (at least from a basic premise), Bionicle has literally nothing to do with either beyond just “Robot Action Figures” (and even that’s debatable) so it’s definitely a bit interesting that a particularly large portion of Bionicle fans are also into those two lines specifically.

I see more parallels between Bionicle and superheros, or even things like Avatar (the TV show, which I haven’t actually watched but there’s definitely some common ground there).

4 Likes

On it!

2 Likes

I think the “look what I just got” topic has colored your view somewhat. Since it’s about physical media, mostly other adult collectors will post in that topic. You won’t see others’ interest in music, games, hobbies, tv shows, movies, etc.

Personally speaking, I have never seen gundam, and lost most of my interest in Transformers, as I can’t really justify spending money on lifeless plastic as I used to. Now the only thing I spend money on are video games and the occasional book and lego set.

2 Likes